Ms Grace Jones strikes again. This time comes for Kim K.

bu.

SHE WAS UNIMPRESSED WITH KIM KARDASHIAN’S SHOOT FOR PAPER MAGAZINE

It’s hard to think of Grace Jones without thinking of Jean-Paul Goude, the iconic photographer behind some of her most striking album art, long time collaborator, and father of her child. However, when Goude turned his lens on Kim Kardashian for last year’s Paper magazine shoot, Jones was far from impressed. “He does things that annoy me,” she says in her memoir. “When he took a photograph of Kim Kardashian with a champagne glass perched on her ass in an impossible pose like the ones he did with me over thirty-five years ago, I asked him why he was giving her – a basic commercial product – his ideas? This seemed to contradict his spirit of integrity, which he has protected for so long. Why was he repeating himself, just to give her a little flare of publicity, quickly absorbed by the next puff of self-promotion?” Well, he replied, ‘I got the feeling that if I didn’t do that photograph, she would have simply copied the idea anyway. I might as well copy myself.’ His ideas are are so powerful that repeating them decades later still causes a hell of a fuss, however temporary...He might have done it to wind me up a little as well. Which he did."

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/26644/1/grace-jones-goes-hard-on-kim-kardashian-in-new-memoir