Ppl are DRAGGINGGGGGGG her for this video..,,

janetDAYZ

I LIKE the song, very positive and uplifting. The instrumental spacing between the "I'm...I'm...I'm...I'm still here" takes some getting used to, but I finally have. I was waiting for her to take it home at the end though...it ended real meek and mild. Either way, better than a LOT of sh*t on the radio these days.

Edited by LyricalLesson
  • Upvote 2

im ssurprised u dont like the song, u like most things. The song is better than the video :umm:  

I do not like most things! I'm just not as vocal about what I don't like. You and Game both have that misconception about me :lmao:

Edited by Side-A Bu

from the snippets I heard, it sounded good.  But hearing it in its entirety....well ...I dunno

there were parts of the song that she sang that weren't needed.  Did too much!

as for the video....again..there were a LOT of parts that were NOT needed....granted like 90%

it would of been better if she had just sat on a stool and sang the song

• 2 weeks later...

I love the song. 

Clearly there was a lack of big budget. I could've done without the wig in the dance sequence. But I think everything else is ok.

I really like how she's painted the letter of an apology from her rapist on her. That's brilliance.

This song is most DEFINITELY a grower. And my oh my has it grown on me. I LOVE it now. The message. Her voice. The laid back beat. She didn't NEED to do too much vocally at the end like I initially wanted...it's not that kind of song. I LOVE that 3rd verse: 

"No time to talk about it / Its time to be about it / I'm just getting started / Back up a little bit (Didn't see it comin') / Shake up the music biz / Had to do this shit for myself / Add another notch to my belt (Didn't see it comin') / No need to compete with nobody else / And everybody can tell / there's something different about me"

I dig her stance on HER music and HER expectations of herself. She delivers these lines so confidently, real badass :) I think Tisha did the damn thang on "Steel Here"

• Upvote 1