Tank is PISSED!! And goes on a rant towards RADIO, Urban community and FANS

janetDAYZ

Due to the album's low sales of Tank's latest album "Stronger" (which only sold a little over 16,000 its first week) Atlantic stopped all promotion for the album- including the release of what would have been the second single "Stronger". As a result, Tank went to Instagram recently to rant about his displeasure of the album's failure by blaming it on the fans. His rant included the statement “Maybe I should have been born white then all my music would go straight to mainstream" - referencing Sam Smith and Adele's success on urban radio. Tank also criticized the music industry, the lack of musicianship and whether he should continue doing rhythm and blues. He later concluded his rant by ending with the following statement:

"What I do know is that i will not continue to be faithful to something or someone that is not being faithful to me. I love you but I have a family. I have a mom and dad just like you. I have goals and dreams just like you. I refuse to work hard for nothing. I look better, sing better, produce better, write better, and perform better than dam near everybody and this is the thanks I get?.. Again I’m not angry I’m just tired.. Please enjoy my last real R&B album “Stronger” cause you’ll never get another one!"

billboard.com

Edited by janetDAYZ

Who is Tank and was he ever popular :umm:

And music changes.. Either change with it or get left behind

IDK who this is.. but man.. Is he right !!!

Either adapt to the new style of music or parish.. I'm shocked and mildly upset that he thinks he's such a GREAT musician.. As if he moves mountains with his music... As if he wasn't a flash-in-the-pan. 

Um Tyrese's "Black Rose" album sold 77,000 the first week and debuted at no.1 on the Billboard 200 and the R&B Albums charts earlier this year in July so:ph34r:

!!!!!

Get out of my head!!tell my why after i came across this article i immediately  went to see what Tyrese's latest numbers were :lmao: and was like OOP! :lmao: Tyrese is shittin on em... ( his former group member) 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

!!!!!

Get out of my head!!tell my why after i came across this article i immediately  went to see what Tyrese's latest numbers were :lmao: and was like OOP! :lmao: Tyrese is shittin on em... ( his former group member) 

lol but Tank is right about him looking better and singing better

It didnt work for Ciara..so..

Ciara and nobody else knew what she was doing. She was just jumping into anything to try to get a hit again. Kinda like Mariah

• Upvote 1

Joe, Tank's vocals are not all that grand.,,his tone is cool but its get tired after a few listens. I dnt like how arrogant he came off..some ppl are meant to be behind the scenes.. he's a decent writer/producer .he started off as a background singer and his voice suits that tbh 

Was he the one that got dragged for the state of his living room or something? Has he EVER been successful as a solo act for him to be mad at flopping? I feel for him but like...reality check please. 

He has some nice songs but his voice is a little whiny for my liking. I do love Throwback Love from him and My Heart though. He's fine though and I love his work with Aaliyah.. 

• Upvote 1

Was he the one that got dragged for the state of his living room or something? Has he EVER been successful as a solo act for him to be mad at flopping? I feel for him but like...reality check please. 

He has some nice songs but his voice is a little whiny for my liking. I do love Throwback Love from him and My Heart though. He's fine though and I love his work with Aaliyah.. 

His voice is whiny? You sure you don't have him confused with Ginuwine?:unsure:

Joe, Tank's vocals are not all that grand.,,his tone is cool but its get tired after a few listens. I dnt like how arrogant he came off..some ppl are meant to be behind the scenes.. he's a decent writer/producer .he started off as a background singer and his voice suits that tbh 

I agree but I like his singing better than Tyrese's. Yeah he did come off way too arrogant but he's still a nice looking piece of chocolate and i'd take him over Ginuwine and Tyrese who I think is unattractive

I agree but I like his singing better than Tyrese's. Yeah he did come off way too arrogant but he's still a nice looking piece of chocolate and i'd take him over Ginuwine and Tyrese who I think is unattractive

Joe... Tank is not chocolate  :blink: :lol: 

He is brown... not dark skin 

Joe, Tank is not chocolate lol this is the first im hearing someone calling him chocolate.

Taye Diggs,Morris Chestnut,Tyrese,etc are considered "chocolate" men.. Not Tank, no one refers to him that way cus he is not considered "chocolate" in our community..and clearly u can see why :lol:

if u darkskin...u darkskin, we're not technical about the diff shades of dark. Tank is considered caramel 

images.jpg

download (1).jpg

images (1).jpg

Edited by janetDAYZ

No I definitely talking bout Tank :lol:I don't know maybe I'm just listening to his songs where he sounds whiny.

Ginuwine - I've never really heard him show his voice off tbh. Mind you I haven't heard any of his music for years (except Pony)

I love Tyrese voice the most :wub:. How You Gonna Act Like That >>>>>

No I definitely talking bout Tank :lol:I don't know maybe I'm just listening to his songs where he sounds whiny.

Ginuwine - I've never really heard him show his voice off tbh. Mind you I haven't heard any of his music for years (except Pony)

I love Tyrese voice the most :wub:. How You Gonna Act Like That >>>>>

But Tank's a baritone. A meh one at that. I find it hard for him to sound whiny but rather flat  like others described. 

But yeah he's boring.  He mostly riding along on his looks...

But Tank's a baritone. A meh one at that. I find it hard for him to sound whiny but rather flat  like others described. 

But yeah he's boring.  He mostly riding along on his looks...

Tyrese as a singer > the other two haha

images.jpg

download (1).jpg

images (1).jpg

well what am I then? I ain't caramel I don't think. That's just my skin color in my avatar when i'm in light but i'm dark. Not dark like Taye or Morris. How are you able to post pics? I try to go to the insert media button and when I put in the link it takes all day to load the pic.

this is him? :ph34r: 

Yup why? lol