Where would you Rank 'Unbreakable' along with her other albums?

T.C

After a few listens, i'm still loving it as much as ever.

Here is my ranking

1. The Velvet Rope

2. janet.

3. Rhythm Nation 1814

4. Unbreakable

5. Control

7. 20 Y.O

8. All For You

9. Damita Jo

10. Discipline

11. Janet Jackson/Dream Street

Unbreakable is in my opinion Janet Jackson's best album released......I've been holding off on saying that officially, but I have to it's my truth. You saw me post in the 1st reaction thread that pretty much NO album has had a effect on me like RN.....that's out the window now honestly, no album has done to me what this album did, this album on 1st full start to finish listen blew my mind completely, it opened it. It was everything I wanted  and MORE SO much more, I NEVER thought she'd do a song like Be R Right, or The Great Forever or Dammn Baby, or Should've Known Better. And I wanted her to do songs like Take Me Away & 2 Be Loved, and Unbreakable and Black Eagle. The vocals for this album are just....I don't even know what to say to fully do them justice. What I wanted for sure for this album was for her to sing out more and show her range more, what I wanted for her period but never counted on her doing vocally was PLAYING with her voice like she has, really doing different and new things. I think Rhythm Nation is the album that shows her range at it's fullest, but I think this album is the most she ever played with her voice (Damita Jo is definitely 2nd, but it's a rather distant 2nd). And I love how this album plays tricks on you, you hear a song and you're sure it's gonna be a ballad, turns into a rock song, turns into a EDM song, Im not use to that with a artist. Lastly what makes it worth of my top Janet albums, it has no filler, NONE, there's songs I prefer or would jump to pick to listen to, but every song on the album is actually really good and really stand out on their own. I can't call this album my #1, bumping the janet. album that's been my favorite album for....about 9yrs. What makes it hard too is I keep having to consider maybe becase it's the 1st new album in 7 years, but none of her albums on 1st listen have had this powerful of a impact on me, NONE.

1. Unbreakable

2. janet.

3. Rhythm Nation

4. The Velvet Rope

5. Control

6. Damita Jo

7. All For You

8. 20 Y.O.

9. Janet Jackson

10. Dream Street

11. Discipline

• Upvote 3

1. Rhythm Nation- I can literally listen to that whole cd without skipping 1 song

2. Control

3. janet.

4. Unbreakable

5. All For You

6. Damita Jo

7. The Velvet Rope- I know it was her most in depth and personal album before Unbreakable but Velvet Rope never really did it for me as much as it did for others. Honestly I only listen to maybe 3 songs from that album and that's "I Get Lonely", "Got Til It's Gone", and "Together Again" only the Jimmy Deep remix. I said Deep remix not the Deeper mix

8. Discipline

9. 20 Y.O. 

I think it's too soon to rank it tbh. I mean I LOVE it but I'm going to let it sink in for a few months before deciding where it goes. I will say that it is the first album since TVR/AFY that I've enjoyed all the way though. 

• Upvote 2

I get where you all are coming from as far as the Janet or Rhythm Nation album taking a back seat to Unbreakable because it's so fresh on our minds and so damn good but we have to be honest here.  Rhythm Nation is flawless and perfect. The Velvet Rope is more my type of groove but I still put Rhythm Nation above it. I loved the Janet album but it took me a while to embrace her new found sexuality but the album is amazing and was a departure to a new chapter in her life.  Control still has those beats that still remain fresh to this day.  

I think Unbreakable is speaking volumes to a lot of Janet fans that have been with her since Control, I know it is with me only because it's a mature album and it's real music!  There's no noise on this album not even with the dance numbers.  I'm really proud of Janet for singing what she wanted to and sticking to her guns as far as the direction of the album.  Her voice is giving me life on this album!!!!  There is still so much to discover on this album as I keep playing 6 songs in particular when I listen.  I'm going to do another listen to the whole album today with the lyrics.  But for now Well Travelled is calling 

• Upvote 2

I think Unbreakable is speaking volumes to a lot of Janet fans that have been with her since Control, I know it is with me only because it's a mature album and it's real music!  There's no noise on this album not even with the dance numbers.  I'm really proud of Janet for singing what she wanted to and sticking to her guns as far as the direction of the album.  Her voice is giving me life on this album!!!!  There is still so much to discover on this album as I keep playing 6 songs in particular when I listen.  I'm going to do another listen to the whole album today with the lyrics.  But for now Well Travelled is calling 

Absolutely, im on my fourth listen and Im still overwhelmed and hear something new with each listen. My God, its so polished and crisp. Janet truly outdid herself with this album. With that said, she did have seven years to get it right...so its kinda an unfair advantage in a sense lol. When could have ended up with songs like that atrocious SEXLINES...chile.

im listening to 'Well Travelled' right now ^_^

• Upvote 1

Absolutely, im on my fourth listen and Im still overwhelmed and hear something new with each listen. My God, its so polished and crisp. Janet truly outdid herself with this album. With that said, she did have seven years to get it right...so its kinda an unfair advantage in a sense lol. When could have ended up with songs like that atrocious SEXLINES...chile.

im listening to 'Well Travelled' right now ^_^

Yeah I have the whole house to myself today so it's a perfect day to really study the album. We can say she had 7 years to get it right but it's not like she was in the studio for 7  years.  Janet had been through a lot and was obviously not giving a fuck about the music business and was rather uninspired. Janet decided to do her and get rid of all the baggage and found love and marriage and a new found strength that she seems to do so well.  This woman is so strong with all the shit that has been thrown at her.  We know if Janet had kept the same formula she wouldn't have released the last 3 albums back to back as she would always take 3/4 years in between albums.  Damn I love this woman!!!!! And SEXLINES......who the hell put a gun to her head to record that shit!!!!!  It couldn't have been from this last production.  What a waste of time JD was for her but he gave Janet what she needed personally unfortunately not musically and it's not our business.  The way she handled that shit too.....damn Janet is not to be messed with. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah I have the whole house to myself today so it's a perfect day to really study the album. We can say she had 7 years to get it right but it's not like she was in the studio for 7  years.  Janet had been through a lot and was obviously not giving a fuck about the music business and was rather uninspired. Janet decided to do her and get rid of all the baggage and found love and marriage and a new found strength that she seems to do so well.  This woman is so strong with all the shit that has been thrown at her.  We know if Janet had kept the same formula she wouldn't have released the last 3 albums back to back as she would always take 3/4 years in between albums.  Damn I love this woman!!!!! And SEXLINES......who the hell put a gun to her head to record that shit!!!!!  It couldn't have been from this last production.  What a waste of time JD was for her but he gave Janet what she needed personally unfortunately not musically and it's not our business.  The way she handled that shit too.....damn Janet is not to be messed with. 

Ive always knew she had this album in her somewhere. I just knew it and that's why I just couldn't except just any old thing from her. Tbh...this should have been her album right after the Super Bowl, but she wasn't in any space to create music this amazing. I am happy she found that space that has given her deep wisdom of self because is makes for great music and once again she has evolved. Bitch has me wanting to be a better human being, I am SO inspired.

• Upvote 1

I think it's too soon to rank it tbh. I mean I LOVE it but I'm going to let it sink in for a few months before deciding where it goes. I will say that it is the first album since TVR/AFY that I've enjoyed all the way though. 

I agree.. It's far too soon.. I just got it so of course I'm going to rank it higher than usual but for the fun of it.. Not including 'Unbreakable' Here we go:

Least to Most Favorite:

1. Dream Street - Disaster Avenue is just that. 

2. Janet Jackson - There's some cool bops on here but it's dated

3. Discipline - Janet didn't write and she was just trying too hard to capture the trend. The meaning behind it was meh and the production lacked.

4. 20 YO - The album title alone is meh but understandable. The production value peaked on the second half of the album (after With U). Jimmy & Terry did their best. 

5.  Damita Jo - Too many cooks in the kitchen for me. The sound was just everywhere. I felt it like a collection of songs on one album instead of a consistent album. I know the Super Bowl made Janet go back and redo everything but still.

6. janet. - Probably my least favorite of her greatest albums. "If" & "TTWLG" are classics and never-aging but besides that, too many interludes

7. Control - Despite it sounding so dated, it is pop perfection. From beginning to end, minus the 2 filler tracks, this album is solid

8. The Velvet Rope - Overrated by the fans but the album we all personally love and relate to the most. It's Janet's deepest album and I love it

9. Rhythm Nation 1814 - Enough said

10. All For You - My baby... My first love.
  • Upvote 1

That song is from like 2003 LOL and it's horrid