Official "Unbreakable" album thread. What's your favorite song so far?

JoeJoe

I love that song too! It's giving me a SloLove vibe. Oh and why doesn't this site allow us to add images from urls anymore like it used to when it first updated. I can't even put youtube videos on here anymore

I think it's a bug. I had the same issue a few weeks ago but I thought it went away. I will open a ticket. 

And you're right: it's like an updated Slolove. 

• Upvote 1

The Great Forever :wub:

Night, Gonna Be Alright, Burn It Up, Unbreakable. The only one that doesn't have a replay quality for me is 2B Loved, though I still like it.

There doesn't appear to be much DreamMaker or Lessons Learned love in here?

Edited by vibeology

There doesn't appear to be much DreamMaker or Lessons Learned love in here?

"Dream Maker/Euphoria" is nice in context of the album but I don't really care for it on its own. "Lessons Learned" is in my top five for sure though.

• Upvote 1

I Like how some of these songs remind me of her older songs. Lessons Learned reminds me of Lonely from Rhythm Nation. Black Eagle follows nicely and  (probably my most favorite) kind of reminds me Lonely and Can't Be Stopped. Dream Maker and 2 B Loved transition  well into eachother also and both remind me 20 YO a bit. Take me Away is like Someone to Call My Lover meets Just a Little While. Broken Hearts Heal has awesome harmonies!

• Upvote 1

My favorite song changes by the day, I love the Motown soul of Unbreakable. Reminds me of I Want You. Right now, that is my favorite.  Also,  Damn Baby,  Black Eagle, Dreammaker, Take me Away,  Broken Hearts Heal, Night, & The Great Forever.

After taking just shy of a couple weeks to fully digest this album, listening to each track multiple times, I can finally rank each track that I really f*cks with. ^_^

*Indicates a track that's not specifically on the album. If the technicality that it's a remix disqualifies it from the list, then the tracks ranked behind it are each bumped up a position accordingly, with the 'honorable mention' track taking the 10th place position.

Honorable Mention: "Take Me Away"

10. "Broken Hearts Heal"

Makes me smile hearing Janet recount her childhood and feelings about life and growing up with Mike.

9. "Black Eagle"

Those LYRICS though! Extremely deep.

8. "The Great Forever"

That deep voice though! Reminds me so much of her big bro. Janet and Mike's phrasing, so similar, this shows it off. 

T5. "Dream Maker / Euphoria" | "Damnn Baby" | "2 B Loved"

Very hard for me to split these three, at the moment I like them equally. Love the throwback sample and theme of "Dream Maker", love the dance-ability and positivity of "Damnn Baby", and I love that "2 B Loved" reminds me of a 20.Y.O era track.

4. "Unbreakable"

It's the throwback beat AND Janet's SOARING vocals on "Unbreakable" that brings it this high on my list. MASSIVE CHORUS!!! Vocally, one of strongest tracks since the Damita Jo era! And it's for the fans...I thank you for this Janet. :)

*3. "BURNITUP! (Naughty Boy Remix)"  

I no longer have any use for the original, which would have ranked somewhere between 8-10 if not for this brilliant remix. What more can I say about it that I haven't already in the BURNITUP Naughty Boy Remix thread? I LOVE it! I know the rest of y'all hate it...lol.

T1. "No Sleeep" "Gon' B Alright"

I go back and forth with these two, one day my #1 is "No Sleeep", the next day it's "Gon B Alright". They're COMPLETELY different. "No Sleep" with its laid back, smooth, late night, candlelight R&B for the bedroom vibe...and "Gon' B Alright", which is hands down the most FUN, FUNKY, ENERGETIC and DISTINGUISHABLE track on 'Unbreakable'. These two are clearly head over heels above the rest of the album for me, besides the aforementioned remix of "BURNITUP!" which is a hair behind them! 

• Upvote 1

But yeah, having said all of that nonsense, I'd have to roll with "Gon B Alright" at the moment. :lol: In an hour it'll probably be back to "No Sleeep".

No you didn't give "Take Me Away" honorable mention<_< ugh! What is wrong with the forum lol. It still won't let us post gifs!!!