Media/Press Reviews

Bailey

If anyone cares about Janet receiving Grammy nods it's for the long haul....definitely for album of the year come Grammys 2017 if she releases songs throughout next year which her team has said is the plan as they are in it for the long haul.  She's going to resurrect the Nation by the end of the tour!  

It's obviously receiving critically acclaimed reviews already and it would be great if the Grammys started giving out awards like they use to based on critical acclaim not popular vote.  

If anyone cares about Janet receiving Grammy nods it's for the long haul....definitely for album of the year come Grammys 2017 if she releases songs throughout next year which her team has said is the plan as they are in it for the long haul.  She's going to resurrect the Nation by the end of the tour!  

It's obviously receiving critically acclaimed reviews already and it would be great if the Grammys started giving out awards like they use to based on critical acclaim not popular vote.  

I hope you're right, just in this music climate, things get old fast, I feel like 2017 is far off for an album that came out in 2015, but we'll see

I hope you're right, just in this music climate, things get old fast, I feel like 2017 is far off for an album that came out in 2015, but we'll see

I get you which is why I said I hope the Grammys would return to the formula they use to have in regards to giving out awards.  Now they just give em away like candy.  Remember when they would award Grammys to artists out of left field.  You would find yourself saying..."who the hell is that?"  :lmao::lmao:

I get you which is why I said I hope the Grammys would return to the formula they use to have in regards to giving out awards.  Now they just give em away like candy.  Remember when they would award Grammys to artists out of left field.  You would find yourself saying..."who the hell is that?"  :lmao::lmao:

I recall the acusation Chris Brown bought a Grammy and someone in NARAS had to step down, thus suggesting the Grammys aint on the up and up

I recall the acusation Chris Brown bought a Grammy and someone in NARAS had to step down, thus suggesting the Grammys aint on the up and up

It's true....it's been total bullshit since the late 2000's. That's why it doesn't faze me anymore and I don't watch. They get it right with certain acts like Adele's 21 album but I'm sorry the rest have been big disappointments that I just don't understand.  I've heard in the business that I do that Grammy's were bought heavily from 2005 on. 

It's true....it's been total bullshit since the late 2000's. That's why it doesn't faze me anymore and I don't watch. They get it right with certain acts like Adele's 21 album but I'm sorry the rest have been big disappointments that I just don't understand.  I've heard in the business that I do that Grammy's were bought heavily from 2005 on. 

Thats the thing, I believe Jimmy, Terry, and Janet as members of NARAS probably know way more than we do as to why she decided to miss the deadline.

Thats the thing, I believe Jimmy, Terry, and Janet as members of NARAS probably know way more than we do as to why she decided to miss the deadline.

Exactly.  Why do you think Janet wouldn't attend the Grammy's only to apologize?  Fuck them.  I mean Madonna could't even buy a Grammy let alone be nominated!  They made her work for it for "Ray Of Light". :lmao:  She even said "Finally" when she received her award. Again this was before 2000. The Grammys have no substance for the most part. 

The comparisons are envitable. And I don't mind it when she comes out on top....which duh. 

This album really is a masterclass at being a pop/r&b star at 49 and not chasing trends. Of course they're gonna mention the ones who are doing it wrong by pointing out how Janet's doing it so right. 

Edited by kaeh1213
  • Upvote 1

The comparisons are envitable. And I don't mind it when she comes out on top....which duh. 

This album really is a masterclass at being a pop/r&b star at 49 and not chasing trends. Of course they're gonna mention the ones who are doing it wrong by pointing out how Janet's doing it so right. 

Im conviced those two ladies hate each other :lol:

Im conviced those two ladies hate each other :lol:

Janet for good reason!!!!  But I think Janet has let go of it.  Now Metamucil is a different story.  I would never trust that bitch for nothing.  I'm not saying I'm not a fan, it's a love/hate thing with her mostly hate....there are certain songs she releases that I like but I'm not a fan of hers personally.....her personality is too much and self serving.  I totally shaded her once and it was awesome.  Not even her tribe of gay boys could come to her defense. :lmao:

i still hate the comparisons. they are both great in their own right. they only do this with women, Michael is never a talking point in Prince's reviews.

and I doubt Janet hates her, this album should make that crystal clear.

Yeah she has long moved on from that.  It's been over a decade for her.  Now the other one just can't help herself. 

Thought of you when I heard this song for some reason. :lmao:  It's a good song to get ready to when you are going out. 

• Upvote 1

ya'll remember this interview... :lol:

HX: I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there's an Internet war between Janet and Madonna fans. I know you and Madonna had some beef in the '90s, but do you think the heat between Madonna and Janet fans has any validity? What do you think?

Janet: No—I didn't know this was going on. [Laughs]

They argue, make videos and, of course, it's mostly the gay fans. So people are curious: What are your thoughts on Madonna now?

you think?

I think she's done wonderful things. She's done great things in her career, in her life, and more power to her. I think fans will always be that way—always. They're just incredibly loyal and they love you so much that if anyone says anything remotely negative, they're there to just immediately jump on them. It'll always be that way—very loyal.

If a "Janet" drag queen had to battle a "Madonna" drag queen, what advice would you give the "Janet" queen?
Kick the bitch's ass!

HX: I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there's an Internet war between Janet and Madonna fans. I know you and Madonna had some beef in the '90s, but do you think the heat between Madonna and Janet fans has any validity? What do you think?

They argue, make videos and, of course, it's mostly the gay fans. So people are curious: What are your thoughts on Madonna now?

you think?

I think she's done wonderful things. She's done great things in her career, in her life, and more power to her. I think fans will always be that way—always. They're just incredibly loyal and they love you so much that if anyone says anything remotely negative, they're there to just immediately jump on them. It'll always be that way—very loyal.

If a "Janet" drag queen had to battle a "Madonna" drag queen, what advice would you give the "Janet" queen?
Kick the bitch's ass!

You know the shade lies deep within Janet when needed even when she makes light of it. Janet straight out referred to her as a "bitch" in the context of the Madonna drag queen. :lmao:

• Upvote 1

you think?

Kick the bitch's ass!

What is this from? :lmao:

Janet really has Madonna's fans pressed. Her hometown newspaper really tried the phuck out of 'Unbreakable' :lol:.. 'Michigan Daily'. I refuse to post it here but you should definitely check it out, just sad.

Nah post it here. I was gonna respond but the author is being dragged by people in his own article which is hilarious enough cause I know he/she is reading the comments. I died when I read this post

Jabreel Wilson · 

Lame review. This is the same butt monkey that gave Rebel Flop an A- How much money MaGrandma paid you to trash the best album of 2015? Janet slays and you'll deal. Who hires these whack ass writers?

Funny he gave Madonna an A- but Janet a damn C lol. Anyway they read him for filth