HDD: She's headed for #1 (100-110k)

T.C

Barring any “sneak attack” superstar releases, BMG’s returning icon Janet Jackson should easily claim the #1 spot on both the HITS sales and SPS charts next Friday with her new set, Unbreakable. Here’s what we have for Janet and the week’s other key debut, Tamar Braxton’s Calling All Lovers.

Janet Jackson (BMG) 90-105k albums, 93-108k SPS
Tamar Braxton (Epic) 38-43k albums, 42-47k SPS

Unbreakable reunites Jackson with producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, with whom she created her most enduring albums, and features guest spots from J. Cole and Missy Elliott. These are, of course, very preliminary numbers. Look for updates on these and other new releases on Monday.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=297942

Edited by T.C

I think it'll do more numbers that what's forecasted but either way it's still more than Mariah and Madonna's last efforts and they promoted their shit all over the place. I also think in the long run it'll sell more cause Janet said this album will take be a long run. Plus she'll be touring for almost a year and who knows, she'll probably add more dates for overseas. By the way Tamar's numbers look horrible

I think it'll do more numbers that what's forecasted but either way it's still more than Mariah and Madonna's last efforts and they promoted their shit all over the place. I also think in the long run it'll sell more cause Janet said this album will take be a long run. Plus she'll be touring for almost a year and who knows, she'll probably add more dates for overseas. By the way Tamar's numbers look horrible

Tamars numbers are the average for nowadays, which is what makes Jans so much more impressive, people were expecting those numbers from her.

i predict the album will end up doing 400-500k globally in the end.

• Upvote 1

Tamars numbers are the average for nowadays, which is what makes Jans so much more impressive, people were expecting those numbers from her.

i predict the album will end up doing 400-500k globally in the end.

I think it'll do more than that with her going overseas in November. We'll see soon enough

I predicted at first that it will crack 100k (150k was my second choice), but I do think it'll go a little bit higher. I'm pleased with the results and I'm confident she'll be at #1.

Yup she'll be the 2nd Black Artist with the most no.1 albums behind R. Kelly

Drake & Future got me pissed. I thought she had this one in a bag but now its a toss up. And poor Tamar, she aint even got a chance. The Tamartians are mad and pressed

normally you're calming me down...my turn -_- ...according to wikipedia Drake and Future's mixtape was predicted to sell 500k, but came in at 375k, thats what it did when it came out several weeks ago. I would be hard pressed to think they will get another 100k in a week thus besting Janet.

• Upvote 1

Drake & Future got me pissed. I thought she had this one in a bag but now its a toss up. And poor Tamar, she aint even got a chance. The Tamartians are mad and 

We gotta start streaming the album on Spotify and Apple music since it counts towards sales. I'm gonna leave my computer on all night and have the album streaming. Where did you hear this news of Drake and Future?

• Upvote 1

We gotta start streaming the album on Spotify and Apple music since it counts towards sales. I'm gonna leave my computer on all night and have the album streaming. Where did you hear this news of Drake and Future?

i been seein it on twitter and ppl have posted it on here. Lol where have u been? Lol Janet aint #1 on iTunes no more . They reclaimed the spot

Edited by janetDAYZ

i been seein it on twitter and ppl have posted it on here. Lol where have u been? Lol Janet aint #1 on iTunes no more . They reclaimed the spot

Oh that's Itunes lol I thought you meant actual Billboard. Janet's right behind them on Itunes tho and plus her pre-order sales haven't even been counted yet. Someone on Facebook said Drake and Future's album came out on tuesday so it'll be on the tuesday-tuesday chart for Billboard. Janet's on the new chart where the album releases are now on Fridays. So she should still be no.1 on the Billboard Chart next Friday 

Thanks Joe-Joe for explaining it to us . I really want Wendy to eat crow but I am just happy for a quality album . I feel good about her getting number 1 album . My saints won.

No problem. Ugh my Buffalo Bills lost along with my 2nd team the 49ers. Hell even the Raiders lost. 

Oh that's Itunes lol I thought you meant actual Billboard. Janet's right behind them on Itunes tho and plus her pre-order sales haven't even been counted yet. Someone on Facebook said Drake and Future's album came out on tuesday so it'll be on the tuesday-tuesday chart for Billboard. Janet's on the new chart where the album releases are now on Fridays. So she should still be no.1 on the Billboard Chart next Friday 

Billboard doesn't have a Tuesday to Tuesday chart and I believe he released on a Sunday AND as far as her presales goes, I don't think it's going to make a large difference but we'll see