Ian Cross was Involved

He's the one who first said that Janet was working on a new project... It was in an interview with some sound engineer trade magazine that he probably thought no one outside that trade would read. But all major pubs picked it up, and that's the reason why Janet came out and squashed the rumor with "if there's a new project, you'll hear it from my lips." 

We we were wondering if that got him in trouble and off the project. Glad Janet isn't vindictive. Haha. 

• Upvote 1

He's literally responsible for "from my lips" LOL. IM REALLLY happy he's not fired, but would've understood if he was, he did what Gil didn't do....he gave direct answers (that she didn't retire, and that she was working and recording all over the world with him & a team), so that would seem like grounds for removal cause he was right (even tho alot of "fans" tried to pay him dust) but you could see from his FB page

He's literally responsible for "from my lips" LOL. IM REALLLY happy he's not fired, but would've understood if he was, he did what Gil didn't do....he gave direct answers (that she didn't retire, and that she was working and recording all over the world with him & a team), so that would seem like grounds for removal cause he was right (even tho alot of "fans" tried to pay him dust) but you could see from his FB page

Janet's not petty.

All he did was an interview that shut up the entire retirement bull shit.. He didn't give updates or tours

And most importantly, didn't lie 

• Upvote 1

Janet's not petty.

All he did was an interview that shut up the entire retirement bull shit.. He didn't give updates or tours

And most importantly, didn't lie 

I think his interview is what blew it up and brought it to her attention (as well as slapping everyone willing to so easily accept she "retired". But remember, he was actually posting updates from his FB & Twitter as far back as Sept. 2012 that they were working on it. As well as mocking the retirement rumors and updating everytime he traveled with her. But when she said from her lips.......silence from his lol

This actually brings back to my attention in the interview & Social media he kept talking about her experimenting with her voice and....well with what we hear & know now, it all makes perfect sense.

• Upvote 1

He's the one who first said that Janet was working on a new project... It was in an interview with some sound engineer trade magazine that he probably thought no one outside that trade would read. But all major pubs picked it up, and that's the reason why Janet came out and squashed the rumor with "if there's a new project, you'll hear it from my lips." 

We we were wondering if that got him in trouble and off the project. Glad Janet isn't vindictive. Haha. 

Oh thanks. I knew nothing about that.