Black Eagle Appreciation Thread

SonofBaldwin

Yo.

Besides being a slick-ass groove, Janet got REAL political on this song.

References to the Black Lives Matter movement, and to "room number four": http://www.roomno4.org/en/about/.

This song is even more politically daring than "Rhythm Nation" and "State of the World."
black-eagle.jpg

Edited by SonofBaldwin
  • Upvote 4

This song gives me Stevie Wonder teas in terms of the approaching of the lyrics, the metaphor is just genius. Janet Hemingway tbh. And the key change is just magical and the tempo picks up too. One of the trinity songs on the album tbh.

I don't understand the room4 satanic shit though. 

• Upvote 2

Yo.

Besides being a slick-ass groove, Janet got REAL political on this song.

References to the Black Lives Matter movement, and to "room number four": http://www.roomno4.org/en/about/.

This song is even more politically daring than "Rhythm Nation" and "State of the World."
black-eagle.jpg

The reference to Room Number 4 is really powerful and makes the the analogy of the Black Eagle even stronger.  Considering that children are interrogated in this room having their rights violated only to later be released with much trauma that they can't concentrate enough to stay in school and eventually drop out is so sad.  This song is a prayer for everyone that knows better.  

I applaud this song so much! 

• Upvote 2

The reference to Room Number 4 is really powerful and makes the the analogy of the Black Eagle even stronger.  Considering that children are interrogated in this room having their rights violated only to later be released with much trauma that they can't concentrate enough to stay in school and eventually drop out is so sad.  This song is a prayer for everyone that knows better.  

Can you a elaborate on this? I love to discuss and dissect Janet's art. How does the RN4 reference make the BE reference stronger? How do you Interpret the Black Eagle in the context of the songs?

Edited by Unbreakable.

This is one of the deepest songs in her catalog and one of the most important songs off the album.  I am still trying to decipher the meaning behind the black eagle. It is even the visual stamp and logo for this era.  The metaphors in this are deep. I know the eagle is probably referring to multiple things, but I really want to know her  explanation of it. 

• Upvote 1

OMG! Where the fuck does this take place? I've never heard of this. That's beyond awful!

Once I saw the track list for her album, I knew that 'Black Eagle' would be on some next level spiritual deep type shit...my voodoo senses were tingling and I was compelled to do some research and even changed muh name to Ictinaetus Malaiensis (The Black Eagle) :rolleyes:. When I heard the song I was in a trance and then moved to tears....she exceeded my expectations and I remember why I became a stan. Once you know, you cant not know...so simple yet so profound..BITCH I LIVE!!! Not only is Janet a brilliant songwriter but she is a very gifted poet and 'Black Eagle' is one of her powerful pieces.

• Upvote 2

This song gives me Stevie Wonder teas in terms of the approaching of the lyrics, the metaphor is just genius. Janet Hemingway tbh. And the key change is just magical and the tempo picks up too. One of the trinity songs on the album tbh.

I don't understand the room4 satanic shit though. 

I hate you. 

Once I saw the track list for her album, I knew that 'Black Eagle' would be on some next level spiritual deep type shit...my voodoo senses were tingling and I was compelled to do some research and even changed muh name to Ictinaetus Malaiensis (The Black Eagle) :rolleyes:. When I heard the song I was in a trance and then moved to tears....she exceeded my expectations and I remember why I became a stan. Once you know, you cant not know...so simple yet so profound..BITCH I LIVE!!! Not only is Janet a brilliant songwriter but she is a very gifted poet and 'Black Eagle' is one of her powerful pieces.

Janet Allan Poe. 

• Upvote 3

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasss! This.

• Upvote 1