BURNITUP! Video?

kaeh1213

At this point, I'm pretty much over it. The hype has died in me. The next best excitement will be the tour. I really don't understand why Janet didn't come hard to begin with, just to keep the hype up. These stupid videos of random fans dancing to BIU is going to be played out. I'm very disappointed in the outcome so far. My expectations will be absolutely none. Such a waste of a good album. Oh well. Next!

• Upvote 2

You all were just ganging up on Austin. NOW you all are sounding just like him. Odd 

I dont know about you alls interpretation of her actions but for me since DAY ONE ..nothing about this era screamed "Look at me.,Im Janet JACKSON COMING BACK TO SHUT THE INDUSTRY DOWN AND MAKE THE GLOBAL HEADS BOW DOWN" .. Since DAY ONE.. It was a "fans era" not about  global domination. Her hardcore fans (who have stuck by her) seemed to be the focal point. "Ive been listening" is her speaking to her fans not the masses.  Janet is an intelligent woman,she knows her glory days are longgg behind her so why RUN THAT RACE? She's ran it and won many times over. She's a champion sitting.on her throne...she's secure and at peace with her legacy. And i FUCKING LOVE IT. The unconventional things and ways about Janet that we all have praised and loved about her seems to discourage you all now.  I guess I get what she's doing and where she's goin with all this. 

"She's not tryna win with this era"

Win what exactly? It was.NEVER gonna be a huge era ANYWAYYYY people, she's 50! Get to know reality he is sitting right next to you.  You all can go back and forth and be worried about this and that like we're back in 1993... but imma ride out the wave of this new unconventional Janet cus my love for this woman will never fall ..EVER. Do you Janet, cus i "get it" maybe the rest of your fans will eventually catch up. 

If its known there is a plan.set...then why are you all.in shambles? What? The mystery of it all huh? Cus you dont know anything,eh? Well maybe thats the plan.,,she's getting you all right where she wants you. Didn't stop to think about that did you? There's a method to her madness. Be calm

• Upvote 5

You all were just ganging up on Austin. NOW you all are sounding just like him. Odd 

I dont know about you alls interpretation of her actions but for me since DAY ONE ..nothing about this era screamed "Look at me.,Im Janet JACKSON COMING BACK TO SHUT THE INDUSTRY DOWN AND MAKE THE GLOBAL HEADS BOW DOWN" .. Since DAY ONE.. It was a "fans era" not about  global domination. Her hardcore fans (who have stuck by her) seemed to be the focal point. "Ive been listening" is her speaking to her fans not the masses.  Janet is an intelligent woman,she knows her glory days are longgg behind her so why RUN THAT RACE? She's ran it and won many times over. She's a champion sitting.on her throne...she's secure and at peace with her legacy. And i FUCKING LOVE IT. The unconventional things and ways about Janet that we all have praised and loved about her seems to discourage you all now.  I guess I get what she's doing and where she's goin with all this. 

Win what exactly? It was.NEVER gonna be a huge era ANYWAYYYY people, she's 50! Get to know reality he is sitting right next to you.  You all can go back and forth and be worried about this and that like we're back in 1993... but imma ride out the wave of this new unconventional Janet cus my love for this woman will never fall ..EVER. Do you Janet, cus i "get it" maybe the rest of your fans will eventually catch up. 

If its known there is a plan.set...then why are you all.in shambles? What? The mystery of it all huh? Cus you dont know anything,eh? Well maybe thats the plan.,,she's getting you all right where she wants you. Didn't stop to think about that did you? There's a method to her madness. Be calm

WHERE DEM LIES?!?!?!?!!???!

• Upvote 1

I wasn't jumping on Austinn for anything other than the fact that he was defending that asshole for calling Janet garbage. I actually agree about the fact that she isn't doing anything innovative with this era. As a fan, I want to see Janet perform, and see some videos. I don't give a fuck about the business side, nor do I care about her "winning." The album is a winner in my eyes, and I hate the fact that we havent seen any performances. 

I repeat, I don't care about chart positions, I don't care about interviews, and I don't care if she's a Christian, Jew, Muslim, or believes in magical vaginas.

Janet is the best female performer in the world in my eyes. Her dancing is infectuous, and she does it like no other. 

A video for BIU would have been great, and or some performances. I am extremely underwhelmed, and that is honestly how I feel. 

That's  all fine and dandy about her being mysterious, and she has us where she wants us. I'm glad you "get it," but I don't get it, nor do I like it. I'm seriously just losing interest, and there comes a time where when someone hypes you up for something, and doesn't deliver, you lose interest. You're right, she's 50, not 80! From the clips that I've captured in a desperate attempt to capture some of her performances, she STILL delivers in her 50 year old body. So that's a cheap excuse!

Edited by Jodienda76

Game, that's all great. Aside from the album, that's all we have. So her album scored number one. Good for her. That really doesn't mean shit for people who actually care about her art. All that does for her siperficial fans, is give them bragging rights. If that's all that matters to you, then she gave YOU all you want. The rest of us aren't impressed. I've been a fan of Janet since Control. I fell in love with Janet because of her great videos, and performances that accompanied her albums. If you are content with all hype, and an album that goes number one, then congratulations. For me, this has been the worst era so far. I hope Janet proves me wrong, but visually, it has been anything but innovative. The video for No Sleep, was nothing to scream about.

Edited by Jodienda76

Game, that's all great. Aside from the album, that's all we have. So her album scored number one. Good for her. That really doesn't mean shit for people who actually care about her art. All that does for her siperficial fans, is give them bragging rights. If that's all that matters to you, then she gave YOU all you want. The rest of us aren't impressed. I've been a fan of Janet since Control. I fell in love with Janet because of her great videos, and performances that accompanied her albums. If you are content with all hype, and an album that goes number one, then congratulations. For me, this has been the worst era so far. I hope Janet proves me wrong, but visually, it has been anything but innovative. The video for No Sleep, was nothing to scream about.

what matters to me is new music. Everything else isn't important :) Enjoy the music  

Dayz actually makes sense! It's good to see his mind isn't always clouded with getting banged out by trade all over America!

"...because evvvverrry HO life matters...." 

Yaaaayyy Dayz! :excited::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::excited:

Edited by ThatOtherFan
  • Upvote 2

On a serious note (lol), we know there is a three year plan in place.

Remember, she's an independent artist. She doesn't have to sell a certain amount immediately. She doesn't have the pressure of the label moving on to another artist after the first few weeks of sales, because that's all they need to look "good" on paper. 

We didn't get a No Sleeep video until a full month after it's release. I don't even think BIU has been properly serviced to Radio, yet (I could be wrong about that). It's a different ball game in terms of the industry and Janet as a artist. I think a video is coming, it's just not going to happen when we would expect in the "traditional" roll out/promo campaign of a project. 

Keep in mind, whenever we get a BIU video and it's serviced to more pop/rhythmic stations, it's still going to be a new song to the masses. 

• Upvote 1

^ The fact that any.of this has to keep being explained to some grown people who do have at least some sort of basic comprehension skills is ridic. 

We've  gotten the receipts telling us that Janet was goin at this with a different approach (aka unconventional) .. so why is everyone still acting shocked and/or mad becus things arent being promoted as expected? Be mad at the plan NOT act surprised.,,we've been.knowing this how long? GTFOH :lmao: .. Yall will still be able to breathe just like the day before. Trust me. You all will be okay :lol:

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

I don't understand why its a problem that some of her fans want her to succeed and promote an album that some consider a masterpiece...why is that an issue? I get that Janet's glory days has passed, I get that she could probably care less about any of this, but why cant her fans stress their disappointment with how things are going on her site?! That's foolishness. Even if she said that she will be doing things unconventional, people still have the right NOT to like how things are going.  FUCKUMEAN

• Upvote 3

939033d1416009231-well-well-well-i-have-

whistling

I don't understand why its a problem that some of her fans want her to succeed and promote an album that some consider a masterpiece...why is that an issue? I get that Janet's glory days has passed, I get that she could probably care less about any of this, but why cant her fans stress their disappointment with how things are going on her site?! That's foolishness. Even if she said that she will be doing things unconventional, people still have the right NOT to like how things are going.  FUCKUMEAN

It, once again, is ppl policing feelings.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't matter that Janet isn't doing things in an "unconventional manner." We don't know exactly what that meant. Janet once claimed to be a visual artist, and is known for that. Visually, this era has been lacking. Communication has also been lacking. All we're getting is suppositions, and statements that go nowhere; for example this "I told you," and "Janet told me" bullshit. Told us what? The album and singles have been out for a while. If by unconventional, she means here'sthe album, see you hoes at the concert, then I wish that was communicated. Maybe she's pandering to a different audience. That's fine and dandy. I'll just move on and enjoy what she used to be. Janet is extremely distant, and annoyingly quiet this time around. I don't know what the plan is, but I'm not going to expect anything more than, "Is that the end?" Because that's the vibe I'm getting. The album is great, but the era is horrendous, and my excitement, and expectations are dwindling to the point of turning in my fan card. You all know that I have been a Janet defender with my sharp tongue, but this era has been crappy. 

Edited by Jodienda76

Well since she postponed my show to 2035 and absolutely nothing is going on...I'm extremely bored and over it. There's a plan, but for the past month it hasn't been satisfying. She ain't been listening that much cuz the video would be out already :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Chile....if people are content with this dry ass era that's fine. As a fan its irritating and annoying. I actually didn't think that she would even come out with new music ever again, so I cannot be that upset. At this point it is what it is. I wouldn't turn in my fan card, not when Velvet Rope Janet is my Yoda. Ill always love that bitch, even when she disappoints me.

• Upvote 1

Well since she postponed my show to 2035 and absolutely nothing is going on...I'm extremely bored and over it. There's a plan, but for the past month it hasn't been satisfying. She ain't been listening that much cuz the video would be out already :rolleyes:

silly :lol:...maybe she couldn't do the 'BurnitUp' video because she needs to rest her vocals, I mean its common knowledge that you have to sing LIVE on set of your music video.:rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

It doesn't matter that Janet isn't doing things in an "unconventional manner." We don't know exactly what that meant. Janet once claimed to be a visual artist, and is known for that. Visually, this era has been lacking. Communication has also been lacking. All we're getting is suppositions, and statements that go nowhere; for example this "I told you," and "Janet told me" bullshit. Told us what? The album and singles have been out for a while. If by unconventional, she means here'sthe album, see you hoes at the concert, then I wish that was communicated. Maybe she's pandering to a different audience. That's fine and dandy. I'll just move on and enjoy what she used to be. Janet is extremely distant, and annoyingly quiet this time around. I don't know what the plan is, but I'm not going to expect anything more than, "Is that the end?" Because that's the vibe I'm getting. The album is great, but the era is horrendous, and my excitement, and expectations are dwindling to the point of turning in my fan card. You all know that I have been a Janet defender with my sharp tongue, but this era has been crappy. 

I will say although i'm not liking this slow process communication has not been lacking cause she's constantly tweeting to the fans and uploading pics and videos of her fans via twitter, instagram, and facebook. She's just lacking on promoting this album but with this being a 3yr promotion i'm taking what I can get cause I really do feel this is her last album and tour

I will say although i'm not liking this slow process communication has not been lacking cause she's constantly tweeting to the fans and uploading pics and videos of her fans via twitter, instagram, and facebook. She's just lacking on promoting this album but with this being a 3yr promotion i'm taking what I can get cause I really do feel this is her last album and tour

It seems to me like this era is all about the tour.

When I say communication is lacking, I'm talking about her next move, next single, the direction this era is going, music videos, ect... I don't know. Maybe she's planning a big surprise. I won't hold my breath though. I'll just wait this out with zero expectations, and if it happens, I'll be able to take back everything I've said so far.