"Take Me Away" - Pop radio potential?

JJATL

The more I listen to this song, the more I fall in love with it.  It's such an ear worm.  It's definitely one of the more pop radio-friendly tracks on the album. Who knows if pop radio will even play Janet at this point, but for some reason I can just imagine this potentially catching on and becoming at least a top 40 or top 20 mainstream hit.  It's nostalgic while still sounding very current.  Thoughts?  

• Upvote 1

The more I listen to this song, the more I fall in love with it.  It's such an ear worm.  It's definitely one of the more pop radio-friendly tracks on the album. Who knows if pop radio will even play Janet at this point, but for some reason I can just imagine this potentially catching on and becoming at least a top 40 or top 20 mainstream hit.  It's nostalgic while still sounding very current.  Thoughts?  

Same here! I absolutely love this song and when the guitar starts playing i'm in a state of eternal bliss. Like i'm drifting on air free from everything

I think "Take Me Away" would be great for Pop and I think going left for Pop would actually be releasing "The Great Forever"!  The beat and melody change is genius on "The Great Forever" and I think with an amazing video it would help the song pick up on radio. You can't escape that bass and synthesizer and the "Waaaa"!   I also think "Well Traveled" and "Night" might have a chance obviously with "Dammn Baby" also being released.  

But as far as Pop "Take Me Away" would be the best choice. The chorus and ending to "Take Me Away" is so magical and it's classic Janet.  

Janet should remix the song and call on Stevie Nicks to add her spin on it with her background vocals. 

I think y'all need to give up on this radio nonsense and enjoy the album/music/tour

Pop Radio doesn't pay dust to anyone in Janet's age demographic.

TMA is an amazing track.. One of the first that hit me on first listen 

Yeah we need to stop wondering if Pop radio will pick up Janet as we want them to. It's not going to happen.  It really is about enjoying the album the tour and hopefully more videos and specials to come! 

I definitely agree that it's highly unlikely that pop radio will pick up a janet single at this point.  And I'm with the rest of you - I don't even care.  I'm loving this album so much that it doesn't really matter.  However, every time I hear this song it just crosses my mind that IF a song on this album were to get some traction, this would be the one.  

"Take Me Away" is great, but pop radio isn't going to touch any of Janet's music. They should, but they won't. I'd love to be wrong and surprised though. I'd love for Hot AC and AC to give it some love though, she'd have more success there.