Adele is married

bu.

Looks like you might have a very very long wait

probably. I'll just ignore the hype cause I really don't see anything special about her, her voice, or her depressing songs. I saw someone posted her "Water Under The Bridge" performance on facebook and the only thing I liked about the song was the music. Her voice did nothing for me. IDK i just didn't care for it. Celine had her run and I guess Adele will too.

Celine is considered one of the best vocalists of all time :unsure: 

yes which is why i'm saying Adele is way overrated. She can't hold a candle to Celine or any other vocalist and if Celine had her time then so will Adele. Celine's songs don't all sound the same like Adele's. I don't see Adele being as popular or around another 10yrs.

yes which is why i'm saying Adele is way overrated. She can't hold a candle to Celine or any other vocalist and if Celine had her time then so will Adele. Celine's songs don't all sound the same like Adele's. I don't see Adele being as popular or around another 10yrs.

oh so you were stanning for Celine ^_^ I agree, Adele has her niche, but it's a very powerful niche. 

oh so you were stanning for Celine ^_^ I agree, Adele has her niche, but it's a very powerful niche. 

Oh yeah Celine's a Legend. I may not care for her face much but she's one of a few that's not to be fucked with vocally. Adele is not a vocalist to me. She can't even do runs so yeah

Theres' not a single thing in there I agree with. I take her voice over Celine easily. 

• Upvote 2

Adele seems like the type that would walk away ...before her audience leaves her. So she would leave before she fades. 

If she's smart enough she will cause honestly she's just a fad. I honestly didn't see her make it big til Black America caught wind of her. I first heard of her cause I saw the video on BET. After that I still didn't care for her. Her voice simply did nothing and I love when other races have natural soul. Adele ain't one of them

Theres' not a single thing in there I agree with. I take her voice over Celine easily. 

I'm not surprised as you're a fan. You can take her voice but it doesn't change the fact that she can't fuck with Celine vocally nor Mariah, Toni, Patti, Christina, and dare I even say Beyonce. Adele can sing but that's it. Her stage presence sucks. Her voice meshes well with the music. She doesn't vocally slay anything at any time.

If she's smart enough she will cause honestly she's just a fad. I honestly didn't see her make it big til Black America caught wind of her. I first heard of her cause I saw the video on BET. After that I still didn't care for her. Her voice simply did nothing and I love when other races have natural soul. Adele ain't one of them

I'm not surprised as you're a fan. You can take her voice but it doesn't change the fact that she can't fuck with Celine vocally nor Mariah, Toni, Patti, Christina, and dare I even say Beyonce. Adele can sing but that's it. Her stage presence sucks. Her voice meshes well with the music. She doesn't vocally slay anything at any time.

She has the natural soul, its in her voice, most people do hear it. I don't know if you're saying you don't hear it or you don't like it, that I can understand because I'm picky about tones & voices too, but she definitely has soul.

I disagree with everything posted but that she can't fuck with Mariah, Toni, Patti or Christina, but them other 2 yes she can, but for different reasons to me. Bey might have more range and even power than her, but Adele has more soul and she can emote (that's why everyone loves her, and THATS her stage pressence).Hell that's what caught my attenion and made me a fan when 19 was out and popular.

I like Adele and all but this album isn't as good as 21 overall.  And I have to think would I pay to see her live?  Maybe?  But you know she's just going to stand there, will I be bored? Has anyone been to a full show of hers?  I don't need the biotch to do choreography to keep me entertained, but is she literally just standing in one spot for a show?  I know she hasn't really toured before. 

Vocally. Adele sounds more impressive and powerful on record than she does live. Her live vocals dont recreate the magic in her huge songs. On stage  she doesnt live up to her material. Her voice is not that exceptional and/or exceeding any other great vocalists out here today. Decent big voice but nothing special.  Great instrumentation can only go so far. So she is overrated,in that regard. She is an excellent songwriter tho and one of my fav celebs (personality wise) . I love how grounded and down to earth she is. Not a hint of the Hollywood gaze at all. I love love love that about her. I respect her as an artist cus she is in her own lane, the polar opposite of the other Popular girls in music. She actually has something to say. Not a consumer of hers but I appreciate her work

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

She has the natural soul, its in her voice, most people do hear it. I don't know if you're saying you don't hear it or you don't like it, that I can understand because I'm picky about tones & voices too, but she definitely has soul.

I disagree with everything posted but that she can't fuck with Mariah, Toni, Patti or Christina, but them other 2 yes she can, but for different reasons to me. Bey might have more range and even power than her, but Adele has more soul and she can emote (that's why everyone loves her, and THATS her stage pressence).Hell that's what caught my attenion and made me a fan when 19 was out and popular.

Well it ain't hard for anyone to emote better than Bey but no Adele has no stage presence. I've seen at least 5 or 6 of her live performances since she hit it big and it's just not there. She's boring to watch. 

Vocally. Adele sounds more impressive and powerful on record than she does live. Her live vocals dont recreate the magic in her huge songs. On stage  she doesnt live up to her material. Her voice is not that exceptional and/or exceeding any other great vocalists out here today. Decent big voice but nothing special.  Great instrumentation can only go so far. So she is overrated,in that regard. She is an excellent songwriter tho and one of my fav celebs (personality wise) . I love how grounded and down to earth she is. Not a hint of the Hollywood gaze at all. I love love love that about her. I respect her as an artist cus she is in her own lane, the polar opposite of the other Popular girls in music. She actually has something to say. Not a consumer of hers but I appreciate her work

All of this!

Her pesonality (along with the vocie) is what made me a fan and made he stick out more than the music, I SO badly wish so many of the Divas had that natural big eyed sweeteness & legit realness she has to her personality and how she handles herself & career. I like the music of 19 alot but I thought her voice was better than it, and 21 proved me right.

I like Adele and all but this album isn't as good as 21 overall.  And I have to think would I pay to see her live?  Maybe?  But you know she's just going to stand there, will I be bored? Has anyone been to a full show of hers?  I don't need the biotch to do choreography to keep me entertained, but is she literally just standing in one spot for a show?  I know she hasn't really toured before. 

I'll be tuning into her concert when it airs just to base is she worthy of my coins live, but as a fan and someone who appreciates her, it's already leaning towards a yes but I wanna know completely what I'm getting. And hey Im a fan of Opera singers, I can totally get with a singer who stands there, if your voice & words are moving me, you don't need to move a inch.

Not to mention she's not a Industry Doll like the "legendary" Celine Dion

I'm sayin!

Well it ain't hard for anyone to emote better than Bey but no Adele has no stage presence. I've seen at least 5 or 6 of her live performances since she hit it big and it's just not there. She's boring to watch.  

Not for me, from the performances I've seen, I like her looks and how she engages with the audience. But again I'm waiting for the TV concert before I base a real opinion, but I enjoy her because I'm into her & the music. I'd think if you're not then it wouldn't be

tbh... Beyoncé's the only artist with LOUD vocals that can put on a show in the last.. 20 years? 

Adele'a not a perfomamce artist.. She's a vocalist and vocalists are the main attraction. It may not be your thing but millions love Adele.. Celine.. 90s Mariah... They're not necessarily touring artists/puppet but definitely can sell tickets at Limited venues 

The next album (if there is one) won't sell as well unless she dives into depression. The darkest albums are usually the artist's most successful post-1995... Adele didn't have much to say but i have dove into the album just yet

tbh... Beyoncé's the only artist with LOUD vocals that can put on a show in the last.. 20 years? 

Adele'a not a perfomamce artist.. She's a vocalist and vocalists are the main attraction. It may not be your thing but millions love Adele. 

The next album (if there is one) won't sell as well unless she dives into depression. The darkest albums are usually the artist's most successful post-1995... When artists have something to say. Adele didn't have much to say but i have dove in just yet 

There's a few others but she's the only 1 who's maintained solid popularity

100% truth. She's no dancer, she's not like Jill or most R&B girls who came from Gospel vocal beginnings and know how to get hype and stay on key. Her vocals & the music & the lyrics are the focus, like a opera or jazz or blues singer, it's not all about being hype, sometimes its about staying your ass in your seat and taking it all in.

Yea that was the holdup for this album. The irnoy is I just remembered like 2 years ago she revealed she was working with dance music producers so the next era has a completely different vibe and sound to it (in fact she was even getting close to Madonna for that reason)..............I don't know what the hell ended up happening but she won without it. I think it might be best & smart for her that if she does keep going every albums at minimum 3-4 years apart. The anticiapation sales are no joke. 

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

Anyone that doesn't anyone is curious as to what she's like as a performer should watch her Live at the Royal Albert Hall DVD. I was entertained from beginning to end. She does move about on stage but she also takes the time to explain each song, and with her personality, I was in hysterics throughout. She's just so fucking hilarious.

I would also say watch her perform Someone Like You at the Brits. Never have I seen an audience absolutely captivated by a voice to the point that there was complete silence throughout and then rapturous applause at the end. Never saw it with Whitney, Mariah or any of our faves. That performance changed everything for Adele and helped propel 21 even more to become what it was. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 2

Anyone that doesn't anyone is curious as to what she's like as a performer should watch her Live at the Royal Albert Hall DVD. I was entertained from beginning to end. She does move about on stage but she also takes the time to explain each song, and with her personality, I was in hysterics throughout. She's just so fucking hilarious.

I would also say watch her perform Someone Like You at the Brits. Never have I seen an audience absolutely captivated by a voice to the point that there was complete silence throughout and then rapturous applause at the end.

I love that dvd. I thought of her performance like a bigger, better vh1 storytellers. As for her singing, it always sounds good to me, and it helps that she writes her own music. She knows how to interpret the emotion. But even she admits, she doesn't go full in all her live performances. She can't sing one key in "someone like you" like the studio version because it strains her voice. And she's been giving more "refined" performances since she had surgery and came back to do "Rolling in the deep" at the Grammys.

I would also say watch her perform Someone Like You at the Brits. Never have I seen an audience absolutely captivated by a voice to the point that there was complete silence throughout and then rapturous applause at the end. Never saw it with Whitney, Mariah or any of our faves. That performance changed everything for Adele and helped propel 21 even more to become what it was. 

Thanks for recommending that. From the sounds of it I'll like it fine. Like that's always my favoirte thing about Mariah live, she lets her personality shine as much as the voice, I LOVE that.

There's a few others but she's the only 1 who's maintained solid popularity

100% truth. She's no dancer, she's not like Jill or most R&B girls who came from Gospel vocal beginnings and know how to get hype and stay on key. Her vocals & the music & the lyrics are the focus, like a opera or jazz or blues singer, it's not all about being hype, sometimes its about staying your ass in your seat and taking it all in.

Yea that was the holdup for this album. The irnoy is I just remembered like 2 years ago she revealed she was working with dance music producers so the next era has a completely different vibe and sound to it (in fact she was even getting close to Madonna for that reason)..............I don't know what the hell ended up happening but she won without it. I think it might be best & smart for her that if she does keep going every albums at minimum 3-4 years apart. The anticiapation sales are no joke. 

The hold up with the album is she didn't have anything to say. (Similar to Janet actually). She wanted to live life a little so she put the album on hold and started living life... She wanted to make a solid album. She was going to quit on her high horse but then said she wanted her kid to experience ADELE (a line MJ said before he planned and poorly executed his comeback concert series). 

I agree. She should release once every 3-4 years so people aren tired of hearing her like they do these half-asses (Mariah) 

• Upvote 1