Adele is married

bu.

Thanks for recommending that. From the sounds of it I'll like it fine. Like that's always my favoirte thing about Mariah live, she lets her personality shine as much as the voice, I LOVE that.

No problem :D.Exactly. I love shows like that. Alicia tried it but she's quite boring as a person tbh

I love that dvd. I thought of her performance like a bigger, better vh1 storytellers. As for her singing, it always sounds good to me, and it helps that she writes her own music. She knows how to interpret the emotion. But even she admits, she doesn't go full in all her live performances. She can't sing one key in "someone like you" like the studio version because it strains her voice. And she's been giving more "refined" performances since she had surgery and came back to do "Rolling in the deep" at the Grammys.

It's an awesome DVD. I might watch it tonight actually. Yeah definitely. That always helps. She's heavily involved in her music which is just amazing. It's all her. I think her voice was permanently affected after the surgery tbh...it's not the same. But it's still awesome. Just extremely volatile. I hope this tour goes well for her. 

"Adele is just a fad. She won't be around much longer." - JoeJoe, circa 2011

I agree with him.  This is what album #2 or 3.  She takes long hiatus to make it look like she has been in the business for 20 years.  Some other sensation from another country will come around and fake blow everyones minds and she will be forgotten. She has yodelled her way to the top somehow.  I don't get the hype at all.  

• Upvote 1

I agree with him.  This is what album #2 or 3.  She takes long hiatus to make it look like she has been in the business for 20 years.  Some other sensation from another country will come around and fake blow everyones minds and she will be forgotten. She has yodelled her way to the top somehow.  I don't get the hype at all.  

Exactly! They act like this hasn't happened before. Celine will fuck Adele up and look what happened to her? She's not thought about these days

Why are some of you bothered?  Same thing is happening to Sam Smith already.  But I loved 21(that album is epic) and liked 19....haven't really been able to listen to 25 just yet except the lead single but there's more to Adele than just her beautiful voice.  She's humble, funny, approachable, swears like a sailor, honest and is going to surprise us down the line I think and will go into acting at some point.  But regardless I'm happy for her success.  She's extremely genuine in my book and definitely emotes which is what I look for in a vocalist.  But again I don't get why some of you are so pressed by her sales.  I say good for her and her fanbase.  She's only going to get better if her heart is truly in it. 

• Upvote 3

Exactly! They act like this hasn't happened before. Celine will fuck Adele up and look what happened to her? She's not thought about these days

Celine is the second biggest selling female artist, who can could easily still fill up stadiums around the world at any time. Not to mention her last album outsold her peers by a good margin. As much as I loathe her, she's hardly a non-factor. 

Adele will be remembered, even if she flops after this era. She's already outsold her peers and other singers from a generation before her. Her records will always keep her relevant.

Edited by T.C
  • Upvote 1

Both the fact that she took a hiatus and that you don't get the hype are irrelevant. Calling her a fad back then was bad enough, but agreeing with the point four years later and in the face of record-breaking sales is ridiculous.

Let me bookmark this thread like I did the last.

• Upvote 3

Both the fact that she took a hiatus and that you don't get the hype are irrelevant. Calling her a fad back then was bad enough, but agreeing with the point four years later and in the face of record-breaking sales is ridiculous.

being wrong four years ago and then sticking to that or agreeing with it is the definition of idiocracy 

Who is this Celine? What was the last record she wrote? I'll wait :coffee: 

*CTRL-F "Bey"*

L O L  

Typical plan' jan'

???

Why are some of you bothered?  Same thing is happening to Sam Smith already.  But I loved 21(that album is epic) and liked 19....haven't really been able to listen to 25 just yet except the lead single but there's more to Adele than just her beautiful voice.  She's humble, funny, approachable, swears like a sailor, honest and is going to surprise us down the line I think and will go into acting at some point.  But regardless I'm happy for her success.  She's extremely genuine in my book and definitely emotes which is what I look for in a vocalist.  But again I don't get why some of you are so pressed by her sales.  I say good for her and her fanbase.  She's only going to get better if her heart is truly in it. 

Love it! Yes!

I can see that exactly, that Alicia would try that.....but that honestly her personality don't seem enough to pull it off the same way Mariah & Adele could

Alicia is just so boring. I didn't realise until the GOF era. 

Edited by Dammn Bu

It boggles my mind too. She's proving the "nobody buys music" wrong, she's acting like that's not even a issue, and it's just great. She's not lying about her artistry, she's notcopying & pasting her image from anyone, she's not doing every campaign for things she don't use/support, She's all about HER talent and her expression and nothing else and that deserves to be celebrated or at least respected, fan or not. She's NOT a common artist today. All that I just said she's not, that's not to directly shade artists I don't like, there's faves I have that all have 1 of those strikes against them.

Celine is the second biggest selling female artist, who can could easily still fill up stadiums around the world at any time. Not to mention her last album outsold her peers by a good margin. As much as I loathe her, she's hardly a non-factor. 

Adele will be remembered, even if she flops after this era. She's already outsold her peers and other singers from a generation before her. Her records will always keep her relevant.

Yea not a fan but that is all fact. And yea what Adele's done and how fast she's done it will be remembered, she made her mark. And in terms of "fad" I consider "fad" entertainers folks who blow up for 1 album-era.........................................not 3................LOL.

I'm saying that just...doesn't make an ounce of sense

Please do, that laugh....

Alicia is just so boring. I didn't realise until the GOF era. 

Yeeeeeeaaaaaa......it's disappointing.........I blame the kid ofcourse lol. Like she was always REALLLLLLY laid back like she never was bubbly, but I very much have a theory that once female singers poop out their 1st kid.....they lose SOMETHING, and for Alicia to me it's DEFINITELY EDGE! And edge she needed. And all the purple weave, and being on Empire, and fierce dresses don't make up for that

21 is like "Surprise bitch, I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me" :lmao:

Haha Jarryl! That's an interesting theory! 

RIGHT LOL

Yup, and some girls don't miss a beat........or like Janet they end up having game changing careers....maybe it's the having the kid and then keeping it secret that makes you stronger :ph34r:

She is a fad and she is heavily manufactured. Until she is in this industry at least 10 years with consistent music she is a fad.  She is doing what boy bands did back in the early 2000's the only difference is she has a bit of talent.  She is overrated as hell.  She is equivalent to when we have the summer olympics and the US picks an athlete they want to be the face of the games.  Like a Carl Lewis or Marion Jones.  They get shoved down our throats 24/7 giving them an opportunity to break records.  

She is a fad and she is heavily manufactured. Until she is in this industry at least 10 years with consistent music she is a fad.  She is doing what boy bands did back in the early 2000's the only difference is she has a bit of talent.  She is overrated as hell.  She is equivalent to when we have the summer olympics and the US picks an athlete they want to be the face of the games.  Like a Carl Lewis or Marion Jones.  They get shoved down our throats 24/7 giving them an opportunity to break records.  

How is she manufactured? She's barely done any promotion with this album

Edited by Dammn Bu