• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Adele is married

173 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

"Adele is just a fad. She won't be around much longer." - JoeJoe, circa 2011

Posted · Report post

oop!!!! 

Posted · Report post

Thanks for recommending that. From the sounds of it I'll like it fine. Like that's always my favoirte thing about Mariah live, she lets her personality shine as much as the voice, I LOVE that.

No problem :D.Exactly. I love shows like that. Alicia tried it but she's quite boring as a person tbh

Posted · Report post

I love that dvd. I thought of her performance like a bigger, better vh1 storytellers. As for her singing, it always sounds good to me, and it helps that she writes her own music. She knows how to interpret the emotion. But even she admits, she doesn't go full in all her live performances. She can't sing one key in "someone like you" like the studio version because it strains her voice. And she's been giving more "refined" performances since she had surgery and came back to do "Rolling in the deep" at the Grammys.

It's an awesome DVD. I might watch it tonight actually. Yeah definitely. That always helps. She's heavily involved in her music which is just amazing. It's all her. I think her voice was permanently affected after the surgery tbh...it's not the same. But it's still awesome. Just extremely volatile. I hope this tour goes well for her. 

Posted · Report post

um it's only 2015 and she took like a 3yr break :blink:

Posted · Report post

No problem :D.Exactly. I love shows like that. Alicia tried it but she's quite boring as a person tbh

I can see that exactly, that Alicia would try that.....but that honestly her personality don't seem enough to pull it off the same way Mariah & Adele could

Posted · Report post

*CTRL-F "Bey"*

L O L  

Typical plan' jan'

Posted · Report post

*CTRL-F "Bey"*

L O L  

Typical plan' jan'

you're on a PC? :unsure: 

Posted (edited) · Report post

you're on a PC? :unsure: 

You're surprised :unsure:

Edited by 2 B Gamed

Posted · Report post

Ykw

Y'all so worthless.

Posted · Report post

I agree with him.  This is what album #2 or 3.  She takes long hiatus to make it look like she has been in the business for 20 years.  Some other sensation from another country will come around and fake blow everyones minds and she will be forgotten. She has yodelled her way to the top somehow.  I don't get the hype at all.  

Posted · Report post

I agree with him.  This is what album #2 or 3.  She takes long hiatus to make it look like she has been in the business for 20 years.  Some other sensation from another country will come around and fake blow everyones minds and she will be forgotten. She has yodelled her way to the top somehow.  I don't get the hype at all.  

Exactly! They act like this hasn't happened before. Celine will fuck Adele up and look what happened to her? She's not thought about these days

Posted · Report post

Why are some of you bothered?  Same thing is happening to Sam Smith already.  But I loved 21(that album is epic) and liked 19....haven't really been able to listen to 25 just yet except the lead single but there's more to Adele than just her beautiful voice.  She's humble, funny, approachable, swears like a sailor, honest and is going to surprise us down the line I think and will go into acting at some point.  But regardless I'm happy for her success.  She's extremely genuine in my book and definitely emotes which is what I look for in a vocalist.  But again I don't get why some of you are so pressed by her sales.  I say good for her and her fanbase.  She's only going to get better if her heart is truly in it. 

Exactly! They act like this hasn't happened before. Celine will fuck Adele up and look what happened to her? She's not thought about these days

Celine is the second biggest selling female artist, who can could easily still fill up stadiums around the world at any time. Not to mention her last album outsold her peers by a good margin. As much as I loathe her, she's hardly a non-factor. 

Adele will be remembered, even if she flops after this era. She's already outsold her peers and other singers from a generation before her. Her records will always keep her relevant.

Edited by T.C

Posted · Report post

Both the fact that she took a hiatus and that you don't get the hype are irrelevant. Calling her a fad back then was bad enough, but agreeing with the point four years later and in the face of record-breaking sales is ridiculous.

Let me bookmark this thread like I did the last.

Posted · Report post

Both the fact that she took a hiatus and that you don't get the hype are irrelevant. Calling her a fad back then was bad enough, but agreeing with the point four years later and in the face of record-breaking sales is ridiculous.

being wrong four years ago and then sticking to that or agreeing with it is the definition of idiocracy 

Who is this Celine? What was the last record she wrote? I'll wait :coffee: 

Posted · Report post

*CTRL-F "Bey"*

L O L  

Typical plan' jan'

???

Why are some of you bothered?  Same thing is happening to Sam Smith already.  But I loved 21(that album is epic) and liked 19....haven't really been able to listen to 25 just yet except the lead single but there's more to Adele than just her beautiful voice.  She's humble, funny, approachable, swears like a sailor, honest and is going to surprise us down the line I think and will go into acting at some point.  But regardless I'm happy for her success.  She's extremely genuine in my book and definitely emotes which is what I look for in a vocalist.  But again I don't get why some of you are so pressed by her sales.  I say good for her and her fanbase.  She's only going to get better if her heart is truly in it. 

Love it! Yes!

I can see that exactly, that Alicia would try that.....but that honestly her personality don't seem enough to pull it off the same way Mariah & Adele could

Alicia is just so boring. I didn't realise until the GOF era. 

Edited by Dammn Bu

Posted · Report post

It boggles my mind too. She's proving the "nobody buys music" wrong, she's acting like that's not even a issue, and it's just great. She's not lying about her artistry, she's notcopying & pasting her image from anyone, she's not doing every campaign for things she don't use/support, She's all about HER talent and her expression and nothing else and that deserves to be celebrated or at least respected, fan or not. She's NOT a common artist today. All that I just said she's not, that's not to directly shade artists I don't like, there's faves I have that all have 1 of those strikes against them.

Celine is the second biggest selling female artist, who can could easily still fill up stadiums around the world at any time. Not to mention her last album outsold her peers by a good margin. As much as I loathe her, she's hardly a non-factor. 

Adele will be remembered, even if she flops after this era. She's already outsold her peers and other singers from a generation before her. Her records will always keep her relevant.

Yea not a fan but that is all fact. And yea what Adele's done and how fast she's done it will be remembered, she made her mark. And in terms of "fad" I consider "fad" entertainers folks who blow up for 1 album-era.........................................not 3................LOL.

I'm saying that just...doesn't make an ounce of sense

Please do, that laugh....

Alicia is just so boring. I didn't realise until the GOF era. 

Yeeeeeeaaaaaa......it's disappointing.........I blame the kid ofcourse lol. Like she was always REALLLLLLY laid back like she never was bubbly, but I very much have a theory that once female singers poop out their 1st kid.....they lose SOMETHING, and for Alicia to me it's DEFINITELY EDGE! And edge she needed. And all the purple weave, and being on Empire, and fierce dresses don't make up for that

Posted · Report post

21 be like: I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited... 

Posted · Report post

21 is like "Surprise bitch, I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me" :lmao:

Haha Jarryl! That's an interesting theory! 

Posted · Report post

21 is like "Surprise bitch, I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me" :lmao:

Haha Jarryl! That's an interesting theory! 

RIGHT LOL

Yup, and some girls don't miss a beat........or like Janet they end up having game changing careers....maybe it's the having the kid and then keeping it secret that makes you stronger :ph34r:

Posted · Report post

She is a fad and she is heavily manufactured. Until she is in this industry at least 10 years with consistent music she is a fad.  She is doing what boy bands did back in the early 2000's the only difference is she has a bit of talent.  She is overrated as hell.  She is equivalent to when we have the summer olympics and the US picks an athlete they want to be the face of the games.  Like a Carl Lewis or Marion Jones.  They get shoved down our throats 24/7 giving them an opportunity to break records.  

She is a fad and she is heavily manufactured. Until she is in this industry at least 10 years with consistent music she is a fad.  She is doing what boy bands did back in the early 2000's the only difference is she has a bit of talent.  She is overrated as hell.  She is equivalent to when we have the summer olympics and the US picks an athlete they want to be the face of the games.  Like a Carl Lewis or Marion Jones.  They get shoved down our throats 24/7 giving them an opportunity to break records.  

How is she manufactured? She's barely done any promotion with this album

Edited by Dammn Bu