Burn It Up’: New Details Emerge About New Janet Jackson Video

ThatOtherFan

its obvious they were waiting for Missy to drop her wack song and video before releasing the BurnItUp video and that's that shit I don't like. As far as I am concerned, this video should have been out...FUCK Missy and her wide noise having ass, they should have given her the Khia treatment and had her on a television screen and kept it moving. This era is dry as fuck and I am officially bored. #theconversationisstale, #unbreakableboredom, #youaintbeenlisteningbih

• Upvote 3

its obvious they were waiting for Missy to drop her wack song and video before releasing the BurnItUp video and that's that shit I don't like. As far as I am concerned, this video should have been out...FUCK Missy and her wide noise having ass, they should have given her the Khia treatment and had her on a television screen and kept it moving. This era is dry as fuck and I am officially bored. #theconversationisstale, #unbreakableboredom, #youaintbeenlisteningbih

well tell us how you really feel :lol: I think maybe, just maybe, part of the promo plan included Missy, and if Missy was busy trying to finish her own project, Janet couldnt move forward with the song without Missy too....thats just my lil theory....as for Missy's new single, the video works, as usual for her, the song is a grower.

Im not over the era yet.....Im giving them after the R&R annoucments and the second leg with new songs added before I judge this era ...its not done folks

I have to question what some people were expecting. Personally, nothing in the way this era is unfolding has been a surprise.

could you expand on that thought? I think folks may be comparing to previous major record label release Janet projects, all driven by high commercialization. Here its been basically an album and tour, not much else from this. I again still can't believe Ive seen the show, loved it, and I got a new Janet album in 2015......from where we were things are way better

I should clarify I'm talking about the singles/video strategy, or lack thereof. The fact Janet returned was certainly a surprise, as were the major announcements like RN Records and the tour.

I think it's an amalgamation of her age and releasing at this stage in her career which has made for a rather predictable outcome. Having grown up in the golden age of albums which spawned 5-6 singles has conditioned us to view anything less as incomplete. Comparing this era to recent ones from her peers I knew exactly what we would be getting.

Edited by TwistedElegance™
  • Upvote 2

I should clarify I'm talking about the singles/video strategy, or lack thereof. The fact Janet returned was certainly a surprise, as were the major announcements like RN Records and the tour.

I think it's an amalgamation of her age and releasing at this stage in her career which has made for a rather predictable outcome. Having grown up in the golden age of albums which spawned 5-6 singles has conditioned us to view anything less as incomplete. Comparing this era to recent ones from her peers I knew exactly what we would be getting.

and I agree -_-

What in the fiery gates, of motherfucking hell are you guys on? Why the hell would Janet wait for Missy's single to be out? Wha the hell is that? First of all, they are not releasing a joint album. Second of all, Missy has enough power to go out on her own. Third of all, unless Janet plans on releasing "Unbreakable Part Two" within three years, this is not going to get stretched out for three fucking years, unless Janet releases videos, and does live performances. This pace is also not good. As I stated before, if this pace was going to be so damned slow, then she should have released BIU first with a heavy dance video, and a hot dance break. Giving it either the "All For You" video treatment, or the "Doesn't Really Matter" video treatment. Not some chill video, with Joe in the background, leaning against a wall, sitting on a couch, walking up steps, holding a magnifying glass, and sitting there watching some rapper talk about "junk food" and "desert." Those bitches better bring it with this late ass video!!!

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 2

What in the fiery gates, of motherfucking hell are you guys on? Why the hell would Janet wait for Missy's single to be out? Wha the hell is that? First of all, they are not releasing a joint album. Second of all, Missy has enough power to go out on her own. Third of all, unless Janet plans on releasing "Unbreakable Part Two" within three years, this is not going to get stretched out for three fucking years, unless Janet releases videos, and does live performances. This pace is also not good. As I stated before, if this pace was going to be so damned alow, then she should have released BIU first with a heavy dance video, and a hot dance break. Giving it either the "All For You" video treatment, or the "Doesn't Really Matter" video treatment. Not some chill video, with Joe in the background, leaning against a wall, sitting on a couch, walking up steps, holding a magnifying glass, and sitting there watching some rapper talk about "junk food" and "desert." Those bitches better bring it with this late ass video!!!

Lmao at "Missy has enough power to go out on her own".. Ignoring the fact that she hired Pharrell but I think you meant "without Janet" and you are correct but with the tour going on.. Janet waited until Missy released her song so she wouldn't overshadow her solo "comeback"  

second of all.. You don't know.. Therefore your third "point" is moot

• Upvote 1

nnnnnnnnnnnn but sis.....I think it would be considered slow if the era was into 2016 now, but its not, the tour started late August that's 3 months ago, she's been all over the road now, and it just hasn't been like super long to dismiss the era. I agree with Matt, I think the expectations are out of line with the reality no one's doing multiple singles at a major level on an independent label.

• Upvote 2

What in the fiery gates, of motherfucking hell are you guys on? Why the hell would Janet wait for Missy's single to be out? Wha the hell is that?

Because Missy would want the public's first taste of her to be her lead single....not a Janet feature.

• Upvote 1

nnnnnnnnnnnn but sis.....I think it would be considered slow if the era was into 2016 now, but its not, the tour started late August that's 3 months ago, she's been all over the road now, and it just hasn't been like super long to dismiss the era. I agree with Matt, I think the expectations are out of line with the reality no one's doing multiple singles at a major level on an independent label.

eh...but Janet has the resources to do so. Most other independent acts don't.

It's clear some of you are still letting the point sail over your head like a ship across calm waters. The whole Unbreakable World Tour era has been a snooze fest and some of you just don't want to admit it. Fooling yourself into thinking you're getting your life from those 30 second tour clips on Twitter and reading Jimmy and Terry's interviews that Janet shoulda did. 

Given the last 10 years of Janet's career, people just want Janet to finally have a bit of success. Yes the legacy is in tact and she's got nothing to prove, but why not add a bit more icing on the cake? Her credibility with the media and the public increased from 2008 onward. The public and media were disappointed with Madonna and Mariah's releases, Whitney and MJ passed, Celine isn't a factor, and Prince is somewhere being a trans-man. So all eyes were on Janet to be the saving grace for the new legends of yesteryear. She formed her own label. Created her best album since TVR. The media and public were anxious for her. The planets were aligned. The platform for her to have a big return was set up. And what does she do? Not a damn thing. With prior eras, there were interviews, performances, magazines, etc all to keep us entertained. Sure the tour is going on, but once you've seen her, it's like, "what now?"She's done nothing to maintain interest. At least a few months prior to Janet's official announcement, Jimmy was trolling us regularly on Twitter building hype and leaving us with cliffhangers to keep our interest. That's why fans are losing interest in her. And if fans are losing interest, then you know the general public isn't giving two shits. She took a week off from the tour, the same week her album came out, and headed to Paris for fashion week. Like, could your lack of interest in your own project be any more obvious? :blink: That is why I said, and will continue to say, she is not looking to win this era. 

This is how it feels to be a fan right now:

Janet: Here's your album. *throws it at you*

Fans: Are you gonna promote it?

Janet: No.

Fans: Can we ask you questions about the the album and its creative process?

Janet: Ask Jimmy or Terry. I'm just here so I won't get fined.

Fans: What's the next single?

Janet: coffee2.gif

Fans: Will there be any performances, appearances, interviews, etc?

Janet: smiley-talk039.gif

Janet is a visual artist. Her videos, her performances, etc are what sells her albums and gets people to buy tickets to her show. She's not like Whitney who can sing on an album and people will buy tickets off of that. This explains why her successful tours were always preceded by a successful album. And again, you can keep pushing this 18 month plan thing. We're 5 months into the era. That means the era is over around this time next year, and she's booked on the tour through June. That leaves a 5 month window. What do you think is happening then? 

And VooDoo and Jodi are absolutely right. This video should have been out already. BIU obviously isn't going to UAC radio, and it's supposedly the international single. This should have been out when NS did nothing outside of the US. I'm not sure what strategy they're going for this era, but they could at least drop some hints or troll us a bit so we're not completely left in the dark as to what is happening, or will happen.

• Upvote 6

Better late than never I guess. Im sure Ill be entertained.

I cant with fans shading fans because they want Janet to get on her shit. That's garbage!

This tea right there tho

tumblr_inline_nf3octCgVu1qhzjz5.gif

They didn't want Janet to overshadow Missy's release. 

Missy's song is in the top 5 on iTunes right now. You think BIU was gonna sail up the charts? :lmao: 

No, we're saying things are coming. 

It's a bit much to say you're "over" an era a little over a month after an album release. That's ridiculous.

Especially when you know the project is not going to have a traditional roll out and you know things are coming.  

The era has been going on for 5 months now. Where you been bih? :lmao: 

"You know things are coming". :lmao: No we don't. We're about as clueless as Britney Spears with a microphone. :lmao: 

• Upvote 2

Is something wrong with your keyboard? Why are you always posting random letters? :umm: 

:lol: I never paid attention to it until you said something

We not gon do this tonight! :lol:

It's clear some of you are still letting the point sail over your head like a ship across calm waters. The whole Unbreakable World Tour era has been a snooze fest and some of you just don't want to admit it. Fooling yourself into thinking you're getting your life from those 30 second tour clips on Twitter and reading Jimmy and Terry's interviews that Janet shoulda did. 

Given the last 10 years of Janet's career, people just want Janet to finally have a bit of success. Yes the legacy is in tact and she's got nothing to prove, but why not add a bit more icing on the cake? Her credibility with the media and the public increased from 2008 onward. The public and media were disappointed with Madonna and Mariah's releases, Whitney and MJ passed, Celine isn't a factor, and Prince is somewhere being a trans-man. So all eyes were on Janet to be the saving grace for the new legends of yesteryear. She formed her own label. Created her best album since TVR. The media and public were anxious for her. The planets were aligned. The platform for her to have a big return was set up. And what does she do? Not a damn thing. With prior eras, there were interviews, performances, magazines, etc all to keep us entertained. Sure the tour is going on, but once you've seen her, it's like, "what now?"She's done nothing to maintain interest. At least a few months prior to Janet's official announcement, Jimmy was trolling us regularly on Twitter building hype and leaving us with cliffhangers to keep our interest. That's why fans are losing interest in her. And if fans are losing interest, then you know the general public isn't giving two shits. She took a week off from the tour, the same week her album came out, and headed to Paris for fashion week. Like, could your lack of interest in your own project be any more obvious? :blink: That is why I said, and will continue to say, she is not looking to win this era. 

Janet is a visual artist. Her videos, her performances, etc are what sells her albums and gets people to buy tickets to her show. She's not like Whitney who can sing on an album and people will buy tickets off of that. This explains why her successful tours were always preceded by a successful album. And again, you can keep pushing this 18 month plan thing. We're 5 months into the era. That means the era is over around this time next year, and she's booked on the tour through June. That leaves a 5 month window. What do you think is happening then? 

And VooDoo and Jodi are absolutely right. This video should have been out already. BIU obviously isn't going to UAC radio, and it's supposedly the international single. This should have been out when NS did nothing outside of the US. I'm not sure what strategy they're going for this era, but they could at least drop some hints or troll us a bit so we're not completely left in the dark as to what is happening, or will happen.

ain't nobody ask yo ass for no analogy. Just say what you gotta say and get to it:mellow:

I feel like she was doing a good job at maintaining interest up until the album dropped. She was feeding us morsels every couple of weeks...and then it stopped after October 2nd.

From then on...they dropped the ball IMO.

Theres only so much a billboard article and JJ/TL interview can do.

It's also the simple things that kind of annoy me....like the Grammy situation. I didn't understand why she couldn't submit to both r&b and pop. I think they were planning on an appearance that's why they wanted her to get a nomination in a televised category, but now she can't even attend. And I highly doubt she'll get nominated when the Grammys can't bank on her bringing ratings. She would've very easily won in the r&b category and she wouldn't have had to show up.

Is there a rule against submitting to both? Or?

Edited by J. Weezy

I just had a good hard belly laugh at that faux Janet interaction :lmao: 

It's not that serious. This is getting annoying.  The era is the album and the tour as far as I'm concerned.  Why can't some of you just be happy for her?   Videos will be released all through next year it seems with Joseph Kahn directing them and if you don't like Janet's pace then get off her dick. Janet is making some coins to pay for these videos. And again when will some of you get it through your thick heads that Janet is doing things differently.  She doesn't need instant gratification like some of you do.     

• Upvote 4