Burn It Up’: New Details Emerge About New Janet Jackson Video

ThatOtherFan

The meltdowns over Janet not having a traditional campaign :lmao: 

The seething because you don't know what's coming :lmao:

Again, the issue is the fact that she's not following the traditional roll out for an album. She's building toward sustained success for the project, not a project that comes and goes within months after it's release (the case for most pop acts these day). She's taking it back to when an artist could work an album for years.

1st - Why didn't Janet do any promo prior to and now just the albums release? Look no further than Madonna.... she went on a major promo tour. Money for that promo tour either came out of Madonna's pockets and/or Live Nation footed the bill. Madonna performed on major award shows and talks shows worldwide. What were the results? She did better than Janet worldwide, but in the US, they literally sold the same amount first week (and overall Janet is about to surpass her, if she already hasn't) . Hundreds of thousands, it not, millions of dollars spent on promotion, and outside of the tour, no one cares about "Rebel Heart" at this point. 

The hype around Janet's 1st project in seven years has carried the project initially, along with a brilliant choice for the 1st single. She went for the Urban AC market, and they ate it up. "No Sleeep" is still in the top 3, and continues to do so well, it just may go back to #1 for a 10th week on that chart. The "Unbreakable" single is close to breaking the top 10 on Urban AC.... without any promotion. <---- I.E Millions of promo dollars NOT spent.  

Also, with her being an independent artist, she can sell albums (tied to merchandise) at the tour, and still garner decent numbers and placement on Billboard each week..... again, without any promotion. <---- I.E Millions of promo dollars NOT spent.  

That sets her for all of 2015 without having to give a single interview or performance (besides the tour), and still have one of the best selling albums of the year. 

Which sets up her and "Unbreakable" up for the 2nd year into the project (2016). Now when she gives that first major interview, whenever she gives that first major performance, it's still going to be a big deal, because the general public has still yet to hear from her or see her.... <---- Well, look at what we have here.... An effective non-traditional roll out for an album that has sustained success. :excited:

2nd - Why no BIU video immediately upon release of the single? Janet and Missy are piggybacking off of each others success. Increased visibility by putting things out around the same time. Janet is nearly 50 and Missy is over 40. Mainstream radio isn't going to jump at playing them. 

BIU was initially used to push preorders for the album. It was also the first dance track that Janet released from this project. That buzz benefited Janet and Missy, and Janet's team has kept the momentum going by having fans and dancers make videos dancing to BIU. 

Next, Missy releases the "WTF" video, and it immediately takes off. The single is the top 5 on iTunes and the video already has 10 million views on Youtube. Radio may or may not, give it major spins, but they are definitely going to spin it thanks to the success it's had. 

Finally, Janet comes behind that with the BIU video, her first major dance video in seven years. Heavy buzz for that reason alone, and with Missy being a "factor" again, that's going to create even more hype around the video and single. A single that's still going to be fresh to the majority of the public, btw.  Which gives it more of a chance on radio. Especially on urban stations if we get a more Urban remix.   

If some of you would just think (and be patient) instead of getting caught up in the album not having a traditional roll out......... :coffee:

Don't waste your time trying to convince these kids that Janet has a plan cause they will still bitch and moan that they want it "all" right now and that she is missing big opportunities by not promoting.  Then they will tell you that you are policing their feelings and opinions.  It's like shut up already.  :lmao::lmao:  Janet is cracking me up with her "I've been listening" approach because she fails to say "but I'm going to do things my way regardless". :clapping:Come through Janet! 

• Upvote 3

Don't waste your time trying to convince these kids that Janet has a plan cause they will still bitch and moan that they want it "all" right now and that she is missing big opportunities by not promoting.  Then they will tell you that you are policing their feelings and opinions.  It's like shut up already.  :lmao::lmao:  Janet is cracking me up with her "I've been listening" approach because she fails to say "but I'm going to do things my way regardless". :clapping:Come through Janet! 

5w03zn.jpg

Edited by ThatOtherFan
  • Upvote 1

Again, the issue is the fact that she's not following the traditional roll out for an album. She's building toward sustained success for the project, not a project that comes and goes within months after it's release (the case for most pop acts these day). She's taking it back to when an artist could work an album for years.

1st - Why didn't Janet do any promo prior to and now just the albums release? Look no further than Madonna.... she went on a major promo tour. Money for that promo tour either came out of Madonna's pockets and/or Live Nation footed the bill. Madonna performed on major award shows and talks shows worldwide. What were the results? She did better than Janet worldwide, but in the US, they literally sold the same amount first week (and overall Janet is about to surpass her, if she already hasn't) . Hundreds of thousands, it not, millions of dollars spent on promotion, and outside of the tour, no one cares about "Rebel Heart" at this point. 

The hype around Janet's 1st project in seven years has carried the project initially, along with a brilliant choice for the 1st single. She went for the Urban AC market, and they ate it up. "No Sleeep" is still in the top 3, and continues to do so well, it just may go back to #1 for a 10th week on that chart. The "Unbreakable" single is close to breaking the top 10 on Urban AC.... without any promotion. <---- I.E Millions of promo dollars NOT spent.  

Also, with her being an independent artist, she can sell albums (tied to merchandise) at the tour, and still garner decent numbers and placement on Billboard each week..... again, without any promotion. <---- I.E Millions of promo dollars NOT spent.  

That sets her for all of 2015 without having to give a single interview or performance (besides the tour), and still have one of the best selling albums of the year. 

Which sets up her and "Unbreakable" up for the 2nd year into the project (2016). Now when she gives that first major interview, whenever she gives that first major performance, it's still going to be a big deal, because the general public has still yet to hear from her or see her.... <---- Well, look at what we have here.... An effective non-traditional roll out for an album that has sustained success. :excited:

2nd - Why no BIU video immediately upon release of the single? Janet and Missy are piggybacking off of each others success. Increased visibility by putting things out around the same time. Janet is nearly 50 and Missy is over 40. Mainstream radio isn't going to jump at playing them. 

BIU was initially used to push preorders for the album. It was also the first dance track that Janet released from this project. That buzz benefited Janet and Missy, and Janet's team has kept the momentum going by having fans and dancers make videos dancing to BIU. 

Next, Missy releases the "WTF" video, and it immediately takes off. The single is in the top 5 on iTunes and the video already has 10 million views on Youtube. Radio may or may not, give it major spins, but they are definitely going to spin it thanks to the success it's had. 

Finally, Janet comes behind that with the BIU video, her first major dance video in seven years. Heavy buzz for that reason alone, and with Missy being a "factor" again, that's going to create even more hype around the video and single. A single that's still going to be fresh to the majority of the public, btw.  Which gives it more of a chance on radio. Especially on urban stations if we get a more Urban remix.   

If some of you would just think (and be patient) instead of getting caught up in the album not having a traditional roll out......... :coffee:

what does this have to do with being bored?

And that's coming in time. Which will give the project itself, and the era as a whole, sustained success (what Janet and team cares about lol). 

Give it time and let the pieces come together. It's coming in due time. 

in the meantime this era is boring. Like...are you the Janet fan police?

who said they wanted it all right now? Outside of like maybe 1 person. Stop talking out of your ass and get of your feelings. 

Next, Missy releases the "WTF" video, and it immediately takes off. The single is in the top 5 on iTunes and the video already has 10 million views on Youtube. Radio may or may not, give it major spins, but they are definitely going to spin it thanks to the success it's had. 

THANK YOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

GOTDAMNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

WHAT ARE they not getting??????????

My GOD. 

• Upvote 1

Would u guys rather have things to "talk about now" (which in a traditional sense would last only another year before an era would be over )  .....OR have shit to talk about for the next 2-3 years???????

Do the math.. which on is greater?

Which one is longer?

Which one ultimately sounds more pleasing.?

Okay.And Thank you. 

And BTW...let's please keep it real up in here. This board started "dying" right after Janet's return was announced ODDLY. Lets not act like shit was popping on here then it started to fizzle out due to Janet's "lack of promo". Lest we forget i had made a thread talking about why is seemed dead on here and how alot of members/activity seemed to stall at the time of Janet announcing her return. NOW THAT SHOULD BE the question. 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 2

Boy please. YOU like to troll people with your negativity. We were stating opinions. And don't quote me anymore, because you never make sense

Not when it comes to Janet.. But go on.. Keep complaining and bitching tho.. Bc it has gotten you this far :coffee:

The report button is just a click away

What did I miss?

A bunch of "fans" are bitching that Janet didn't release 8 videos in the last 6 months (JWeezy) and the fact that she's not promoting, (Jodi) while Some aren't appreciating the music but the charts (Austin) and then there's Joe.. Bandwagon jumping on whoever fails to come for me 

Then there's ThatMainFan who is putting each and everyone in his or her place

there. Now you're caught up

• Upvote 2

A bunch of "fans" are bitching that Janet didn't release 8 videos in the last 6 months (JWeezy) and the fact that she's not promoting, (Jodi) while Some aren't appreciating the music but the charts (Austin) and then there's Joe.. Bandwagon jumping on whoever fails to come for me 

Then there's ThatMainFan who is putting each and everyone in his or her place

there. Now you're caught up

just shut the hell up. You're pressed as there was no reason to mention my name. Why would I be worried about whether someone comes for you or not? Jodi came for you and it was funny so I laughed. What else?

who said they wanted it all right now? Outside of like maybe 1 person. Stop talking out of your ass and get of your feelings. 

You are the one making this personal now.....my feelings have nothing to do with my comments on what is going on this board with half of you.  So this is all about being bored?  Wow......Janet can never win with some of you. 

• Upvote 1

AND THAT's 110% TRUTH.ORG! Like I been saying I get wanting more at the moment, hell I'm there too, but geeze "why complain, nobody cares" We had a thread that voiced our opinions, wants and concerns, and expectations and wishes, but  why does that need to be some of your every single response like we don't know....or care. I don't mean it in a mean or shady way, but for alot of us the era isn't dead, and it seems the ones who think it is are trying to make it for those who don't feel the same. Maybe it's a 2 way pull, the ones who think it's dead are trying to convince us who know better it's not, and we're trying to pull them into the light.

• Upvote 2

You are the one making this personal now.....my feelings have nothing to do with my comments on what is going on this board with half of you.  So this is all about being bored?  Wow......Janet can never win with some of you. 

what did I say that was personal?

and you and Game are still talking out of your asses. "Everyone wants everything all at once! Janet can never win with some of you! 7 videos in one month!"

And if you could see past the fumes and stop generalizing...you would know that the general consensus is that some are bored.

and all of what? A couple of threads? Most of you just keep bringing it up looking for a response

Edited by J. Weezy