Janet is included on Spin magazine's top 50 albums of the year

kaeh1213

Though it's obviously shitty placing.............................at least she made the list.....(cough) Rolling Stone Assholes (cough), so at least they give SOME credit...unlike RS....who can't bother reviewing the album nor adding it to the list where it belongs.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

Though it's obviously shitty placing.............................at least she made the list.....(cough) Rolling Stone Assholes (cough), so at least they give SOME credit...unlike RS....who can't bother reviewing the album nor adding it to the list where it belongs.

The fact that they didn't even bother to review it just clearly means they're pressed about something imo. Considering they reviewed a non-factor like Selena Gomez the following week. 

The fact that they didn't even bother to review it just clearly means they're pressed about something imo. Considering they reviewed a non-factor like Selena Gomez the following week. 

Having said that - they did post an article about it the week after with Jimmy? I dunno. It's weird they didn't review it. 

what I dont understand is why can't Janet and some other Black chick both be great in their own lanes? Why is it in the Black community we hate on each other like it can only be one? I get Beyonce is Tina Turner in 2015, but after all the respect she has paid Janet, why the hate? White folk dont discard their people and say Lady Gaga replaces Madonna...they dont....so why can't Janet just be Janet?  stop comparing....Janet is an artist/entertainer/businesswoman/philanthropist/actress in her OWN right

what I dont understand is why can't Janet and some other Black chick both be great in their own lanes? Why is it in the Black community we hate on each other like it can only be one? I get Beyonce is Tina Turner in 2015, but after all the respect she has paid Janet, why the hate? White folk dont discard their people and say Lady Gaga replaces Madonna...they dont....so why can't Janet just be Janet?  stop comparing....Janet is an artist/entertainer/businesswoman/philanthropist/actress in her OWN right

I'm sorry but that's factually incorrect, every race does that to their own,and we all do it to everyone with new generation artists, it's a pet peeve of mine the whole "we are the only race that does this to each other, and we don't ever like to give credit for this or that", that's the pop culture landscape of the last 60 years for female entertainers, hell Mariah's going through that right now with Ariana Grande an on a obvious & rather insulting level. The diva 30+'s attention and relevance will fade and they'll bing in a 16-20yr old who's supposedly what the Diva use to be, so lets pay more attention to her! They were doing that to Madonna & Gaga too, that's the business it's only about black artists & entertainers when it's what you pay the most attention to. The comparisons won't ever stop, they should be taken less seriously & literal, I for 1 definitely feel the comparisons too early on in the career (ala Ciara & Ariana) can do more damage than help if you don't live up to the artist's you're being compared to's legacy.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/20-best-r-b-albums-of-2015-20151216

Janet Jackson's comeback was one of music's most gratifying stories in 2015. Unbreakable was refreshing and sultry, a forward-thinking statement of purpose from one of pop's most important 20th Century figures. In some ways, the triumphs of Unbreakable were inevitable: Nipplegate was, thankfully, gone from pop culture's rearview mirror, and she was reunited with her golden-era collaborators Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis. But instead of simply rehashing the sighing bluster and booming beats of her biggest hits, Jackson applied her knowledge of what makes a great song and, more crucially, of what makes herself tick. The warm, expansive tracks, even as they took on the world's ills ("Shoulda Known Better") and questioned her own place in it ("Take Me Away"), felt invitingly lived-in. The triumphant closer "Gon' B Alright" caps off the album with a knowing nod in the form of a joyous group dance toward whatever trials life might bring next. M.J.

Nah they still fucked up for lumping it as simply R&B when they like every other publication and listener recognized it's so much more than R&B. It's her most eclectic album since AFY, it deserves to be recognized as such, but hey I guess its some recognition... that's cute for them:coffee:  

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

Nah they still fucked up for lumping it as simply R&B when they like every other publication and listener recognized it's so much more than R&B. It's her most eclectic album since AFY, it deserves to be recognized as such, but hey I guess its some recognition... that's cute for them:coffee:  

Lmao I know right but it's something?