[VIDEO] Coldplay ft Beyonce - Hymn For The Weekend

bu.

Is this going to cause a cultural appropriation uproar? :unsure: 

But Beyoncé looks STUNNING in that big flower crown getup with the dark lips and bushy eyebrows yes LÁWD.

It already did on Twitter :lmao: . I mean the 4 white guys were playing Holi and no one said anything to them but let the Black girl don some henna (which has roots in many countries) and a traditional Indian dress (even though she's worn similar before and has praised Indian culture since 2003) and all hell breaks loose. Plus they actually filmed in it India and had actual Indian people in it. The video showcased the beauty of India and I have no problem with it (since that's my culture too).

• Upvote 1

It already did on Twitter :lmao: . I mean the 4 white guys were playing Holi and no one said anything to them but let the Black girl don some henna (which has roots in many countries) and a traditional Indian dress (even though she's worn similar before and has praised Indian culture since 2003) and all hell breaks loose. Plus they actually filmed in it India and had actual Indian people in it. The video showcased the beauty of India and I have no problem with it (since that's my culture too).

What's Holi? 

It did kind of seem like the culture was used as an accessory/costume... 

What's Holi? 

It did kind of seem like the culture was used as an accessory/costume... 

Holi is a Hindu religious festival

Really? I don't think it is. I'm not offended anyway. I'm happy my culture was chosen and portrayed so beautifully tbh. It's a change from the "all brown people are terrorists" tripe that has dumbed people down in the last 15 years.

Ok I'm officially obsessed with this song, but only because of Beyoncé and Beyoncé in the video. :coffee: 

The video is gorgeous

Edited by Dammn Bu