Beyonce - Lemonade [NEW ALBUM ON ITUNES NOW]

bu.

Dancers are accusing Beyoncé of lifting her “Formation” tour choreography from Fuerza Bruta, a Cirque du Soleil theatrical group.

Choreographer Marilyn Ortiz, who has danced in Fuerza Bruta shows, said in a lengthy Instagram post that Queen Bey stole dance moves from the troupe’s De La Guarda show.

I'm sorry I don't bash artist! But I respect fellow creative artist…and don't like to use social media to promote some thing that can be perceived as negativity… BUT @beyonce you have the nerve to steal exact concepts n choreography from other real creative genius.. You stole from @breakingsurface you stole the stomping from #delaguarda @fuerzabrutanyc it's ok to be inspired but at least make the effort to make it your own.. Also crazyhorseparis_official the saddle scene!! Let's keep it real people!!! #hideyourideas #hideyoureightcount #hideyourwater #hideallfrombeyonce #respectartist #breakingsurface #fuerzabrutanyc #delaguarda @gwynethlarsen @wmulholland AND PROPS TO MY FRIENDS THAT DID THE AERIAL!! Thanks @craigsmithnyc for the edit! Loll

A video posted by Marlyn Ortiz (@marlynortiz) on Apr 28, 2016 at 1:17pm PDT

Ortiz captioned the video post of Beyoncé stomping in water on stage with her dancers:

“I’m sorry I don’t bash artist! But I respect fellow creative artist…and don’t like to use social media to promote some thing that can be perceived as negativity… BUT @beyonce you have the nerve to steal exact concepts n choreography from other real creative genius.. You stole from @breakingsurface you stole the stomping from #delaguarda @fuerzabrutanyc it’s ok to be inspired but at least make the effort to make it your own.. Also @crazyhorseparis_official the saddle scene!! Let’s keep it real people!!! #hideyourideas #hideyoureightcount #hideyourwater #hideallfrombeyonce #respectartist #breakingsurface #fuerzabrutanyc #delaguarda @gwynethlarsen @wmulholland AND PROPS TO MY FRIENDS THAT DID THE AERIAL!! Thanks @craigsmithnyc for the edit! Loll”

A dancer with the user name Cuchira backed up Ortiz’s claims, commenting, “Yup exactly the same to the tee … It’s unfortunate she doesn’t use her fame to bring love and attention to artists. As artists it’s important to respect each other and share. Much love.”

In 2009, Page Six reported that Bey attended a performance of Fuerza Bruta and literally attempted to learn some of the choreography while the dancers were performing. “Beyoncé took the interactive vibe of Fuerza Bruta: Look Up to heart Saturday night, trying to learn the choreography during the high-energy dance spectacle’s ‘murga’ section, where dancers stomp on large platforms.”

The following video is from a 2003 De La Guarda show in Tokyo. The dance moves are similar and the screaming sequence is nearly identical to Beyoncé’s “Formation” choreography.

Beyoncé has also been accused of stealing her “Single Ladies” and “Countdown” choreography, and copying visual ideas for her 2011 Billboard Awards performance from Italian performer Lorella Cuccarini.

Of course, art does inspire art, but the issue is when there’s no acknowledgement of the original inspiration.

Ortiz clarified her position in a comment on her video: “I just want say that This is Not a bashing of Beyoncé , I enjoy her music and her talent as a singer/ entertainer… She is a fierce woman! I just like to defend and credit the little guys.. Who create these amazing shows like #delaguarda and#FuerzaBruta That I had the honor To performer in for manny yrs.”

So instead of stealing music, she's taking choreography.. Ouch 

I think this person accusing Beyonce needs to not blame Beyonce and blame her choreographer 

Beyonce has been stealing choreography/performance concepts.. where have you been? 

And Beyonce IS to blame cus she sees things and gets "inspired" by it, then steals it and/or her team brings her footage of shit they ran across and she okays it. She is the boss.

• Upvote 1