Beyonce - Lemonade [NEW ALBUM ON ITUNES NOW]

bu.

the idea here about appropriation is jumping on to a scene and being in it but not about it.....taking....damn near stealing...because others find this appealing, so Ima take it and then Ima be appealing too, even though I aint about that life :filenails: the gays embraced Beyonce ....long before miss Black Christian from Texas embraced them openly....its okay...bitch gotta know where them royalty checks coming from -_-...white folk they have fancy words, they call that shit "demographic" <_< it be like who buying yo shit :unsure: "Each One Teach One"

To be fair.. Her opinion on gays have evolved over time. Like Obama's 

• Upvote 2

Huh?? Is that what you think appropriation is? That is one facet of what it could be. What seriously are you talking about? You definitely seem confused. 

sis explain because you are just throwing this appropriation word around with no explanation?

explain what part of the video is appropriation and the consequences of it. I'm genuinely confused?

unless you were just talking out the ass :lol:

To be fair.. Her opinion on gays have evolved over time. Like Obama's 

I mean its cool doe, she dat  bitch....she took Janet spot :whistle:  who was shaking that before the SB? :unsure: Okay Okay :lol: she was the next Black female entertainer to be HUGE after Janet, Janet is still Janet, no one replaces her.....they just come up and shit :filenails:

Edited by Stealth

sis explain because you are just throwing this appropriation word around with no explanation?

explain what part of the video is appropriation and the consequences of it. I'm genuinely confused?

unless you were just talking out the ass :lol:

Lyrics, vocal sample 

• Upvote 1

Big Freedia is excited to be featured on the sangle.  This will get her access to a bigger audience,  Bet she doesn't feel exploited at all

Exclusive: Big Freedia Describes Working With Beyoncé on "Formation"

"It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I was beyond honored to work with the original Queen B," the Fuse star says
Edited by kidfresh832
  • Upvote 1

Lyrics, vocal sample 

Give me some lyrics sis 

and the Messy Mya + Big Freedia sample aren't exploitive at all

She obvs commemorated Messy Mya who was a big personality in NOLA before he died. And she has met freedia and I'm sure she is very excited that Beyoncé did that.

And while you say its "exploiting" black gay culture but those two personalities are apart of the culture of New Orleans which she is definitely apart of.

so again? The problem?

Give me some lyrics sis 

and the Messy Mya + Big Freedia sample aren't exploitive at all

She obvs commemorated Messy Mya who was a big personality in NOLA before he died. And she has met freedia and I'm sure she is very excited that Beyoncé did that.

And while you say its "exploiting" black gay culture but those two personalities are apart of the culture of New Orleans which she is definitely apart of.

so again? The problem?

I never said it was a lot. It's mainly the slay part and stuff associated with that. Beyoncé does not associate with that culture at all, or celebrate it. The fact she does it now seems forced. Gay people obviously support her but she doesn't really embrace that. Til now. Like I said it seems put on and phony and like she's trying to get some type of new cred.

Also, I wasn't being 100% serious that she's "appropriating" it's just a buzz word and everything is about that so I bring that up a lot. But I do think she's taking cues from a culture she hasn't necessarily supported or been a part of. Like I said it seems inauthentic. 

Also so all that other Nola connection stuff is irrelevant cus that's not what I'm talking about. That stuff obviously pertains to her.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I mean its cool doe, she dat  bitch....she took Janet spot :whistle:  who was shaking that before the SB? :unsure: Okay Okay :lol: she was the next Black female entertainer to be HUGE after Janet, Janet is still Janet, no one replaces her.....they just come up and shit :filenails:

uhh Janet has nothing to do with this video

On a fan group on FB someone compared this to TGF 0_o stating that Beyonce stole this from Janet bc In TGF Janet is calling out her haters 0_o I called her petty :asham: 

I also heard her talking about getting fucked good and then going to red lobster in the same song. She got problems

I mean I'm from the UK so I don't know quite know about Red Lobster. Is it not a nice place?

• Upvote 1

I mean I'm from the UK so I don't know quite know about Red Lobster. Is it not a nice place?

Its a chain restaurant of sea food fare, its not bad, its decent, its not a McDonalds but its not top of the food chain dining either. If you took someone on a date there that would be considered acceptable for the most part, if not lacking in originality. The food is good, somewhat pricey I had lobster linguine just last week from there and that was 30 bucks.

Its a chain restaurant of sea food fare, its not bad, its decent, its not a McDonalds but its not top of the food chain dining either. If you took someone on a date there that would be considered acceptable for the most part, if not lacking in originality. The food is good, somewhat pricey I had lobster linguine just last week from there and that was 30 bucks.

Aah ok :asham:. I've never eaten lobster or crab before tbh

I never said it was a lot. It's mainly the slay part and stuff associated with that. Beyoncé does not associate with that culture at all, or celebrate it. The fact she does it now seems forced. Gay people obviously support her but she doesn't really embrace that. Til now. Like I said it seems put on and phony and like she's trying to get some type of new cred.

If this was in 2007, almost 10 years ago, maybe I would say you have a point?

But Beyoncé and gay culture have been *obviously* intersecting since Single Ladies when a Ja'Quel choreographed her video and alot of that era. Beyoncé and gay culture mutually benefit from each other and if you say otherwise you are, again, just talking out your ass :lol:

I mean unless you can pinpoint when she wasn't supportive of the gays 

Also, I wasn't being 100% serious that she's "appropriating" it's just a buzz word and everything is about that so I bring that up a lot. 

So you were talking out of your ass. Figured. :lol: 

Also so all that other Nola connection stuff is irrelevant cus that's not what I'm talking about. That stuff obviously pertains to her.

No, I was saying the sound bites are more importantly apart of new orleans culture (two major bounce artists) than it is black gay culture so she has every "right" to use those sound bites 

If this was in 2007, almost 10 years ago, maybe I would say you have a point?

But Beyoncé and gay culture have been *obviously* intersecting since Single Ladies when a Ja'Quel choreographed her video and alot of that era. Beyoncé and gay culture mutually benefit from each other and if you say otherwise you are, again, just talking out your ass :lol:

I mean unless you can pinpoint when she wasn't supportive of the gays 

So you were talking out of your ass. Figured. :lol: 

No, I was saying the sound bites are more importantly apart of new orleans culture (two major bounce artists) than it is black gay culture so she has every "right" to use those sound bites 

Wasn't one of the dancers a T? Or was that in the B'Day era?

She doesn't always have gay back up dancers. Gave you a negative for not embedding the video

Anywho, Beyonce knows who her demographic is and that's what important.. Women, gay men, and Black Americans.. Lower and upper class. Millenial generation (18-34) despite her being 42 years old 

• Upvote 3