Anybody gonna watch Fresh Off The Boat Tonight?

jarrylf

For those of you unfamiliar with the show it's about a Asian American family and takes place in the mid 90's. The oldest son (who's the protagonist) loves black culture specifically hip hop, but he's VERY much a Janet fan, there's been GREAT mentions and a really great/hilarious That's The Way Love Goes moment.

And tonight, it's about him and his friends going to a Janet concert, and they're playing Dammn Baby in the trailer.

I LIVED for "This had to be Jimmy, Terry wouldn't do this to us" LOFL. I wasn't expecting it but I kinda thought the way she was promoting it it would've been the best surprise if she showed up dressed like she did for the tour for a lil cameo appearance and have lil Eddy going wild lol. Not disappointed it didn't happen but it would've been a great TV moment. But I enjoyed the episode and the fat kid friend ESPECIALLY!!! OMG HE HAD ME DYING, I WANT A RHYTHM NATION CARD NOW!!

I think the footage some of us were hoping was being looked at for a Janet tour DVD release was used in this episode. :(

I was concerned about this until they only showed a brief shot of her sholder, the clip they showed editing didn't match

Why are they playing Damnn Baby if the show takes place in the 90s? :umm: I'm not here for anachronisms. :coffee: 

That was a lil free promo during the credits lol, that was the kids just having fun to her song, not the characters in 95, the actors....leading me to think these kids are awesome.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

Why are they playing Damnn Baby if the show takes place in the 90s? :umm: I'm not here for anachronisms. :coffee: 

:lmao: 

Damn Baby certainly isnt all the way "current" ...it has a throwback feel with a dab of a modern sound.  It being placed in the 90s isnt that far off 

I can't tell if that's shade or a compliment 

MsWnkCVSXz73i_zpsqnwsb8f8.gif

Yea I do wish they at least got a clear face shot even if just for a sec, IDK, maybe they wanted us to feel his pain and see what he saw sitting behind the pillar lol....but then I'm like I'd be like fuck that shit and stand in front of that bitch, you don't let no pillar block yo ass from Janet LOL