everyone hates 20 y.o

all4U

Disappointment is her worst mixtape album. I still can't listen to the second half of that trainwreck 

Again I do love it though it's her worst, but I'll never forget it's honestly the ONLY Janet album that after 1st listen.....I really had no desire to replay right after, certain tracks I did, but normally it's the whole album, I was so..Disappointed. And like yea I liked it but I didn't fall in love with it right away, that took until like Summer, honestly it made me like 20 Y.O. considerably more LOL.

Again I do love it though it's her worst, but I'll never forget it's honestly the ONLY Janet album that after 1st listen.....I really had no desire to replay right after, certain tracks I did, but normally it's the whole album, I was so..Disappointed. And like yea I liked it but I didn't fall in love with it right away, that took until like Summer, honestly it made me like 20 Y.O. considerably more LOL.

The uptempo tracks are really good but the slow ones are really AWFUL. Greatest X is the worst thing she's ever recorded, even French Blue >>>>>>>>>>> it .

• Upvote 1

The uptempo tracks are really good but the slow ones are really AWFUL. Greatest X is the worst thing she's ever recorded, even French Blue >>>>>>>>>>> it .

Yup, and French Blue is a mess, but damnit I remember it and know how it goes lol. I do like the song Discipline, and thanks to the tour Never Letchu Go

Have to say, this is the CD of Janet's that I play the least, however, if I were head of releasing singles from this CD in 2006-07, it would have gone like this:

1. Call on Me(R&B radio)/Daybreak (Pop radio)

2. Get it Out of Me

3. Do It 2 Me (Great song)

4. Enjoy

I also thought that This Body of Mine was a decent song as well.   

• Upvote 1

To me similar to a previous post if it was someone else's album it would be a good album, compared to her back catalogue it doesn't shine. Although I far from hate it, I couldn't tell you the last time I listened to it but I don't hate it at all. 

I can't believe that no one has mentioned Take Care. That and Enjoy are by far my favourites from the album. 

I think I best of 20yo and Discipline could have been combined to make a great album. 

• Upvote 2

To me similar to a previous post if it was someone else's album it would be a good album, compared to her back catalogue it doesn't shine. Although I far from hate it, I couldn't tell you the last time I listened to it but I don't hate it at all. 

I can't believe that no one has mentioned Take Care. That and Enjoy are by far my favourites from the album. 

I think I best of 20yo and Discipline could have been combined to make a great album. 

The songs Enjoy, Take Care, & Do It To Me I'd rather listen to on a loop than Discipline lol. But yea that's exactly my thoughts, if it weren't Janet I'd probably like those albums more, I mean hell if they were done by Ciara they'd be the highlights of her career (that's not saying much though)

And I've been saying that FOREVER, the slow jams of 20 mixed with the dance songs of Discipline would be damn near classic (no Unbreakable still) but better than both albums as a whole.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry but how can you not dislike that album? So Excited? What the hell was that crap? COM? Enjoy is the only song I like off that album and even that is so obviously made to sound like "Classic Janet", so the whole album wouldn't be crappy hip hop. Even her debut album is far superior to 20 yo. When Janet's Damita Jo flopped, she said she thinks the fault was at the music, not promotion. But boy did the music that followed suck even more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1