everyone hates 20 y.o

all4U

I'm sorry but how can you not dislike that album? So Excited? What the hell was that crap? COM? Enjoy is the only song I like off that album and even that is so obviously made to sound like "Classic Janet", so the whole album wouldn't be crappy hip hop. Even her debut album is far superior to 20 yo. When Janet's Damita Jo flopped, she said she thinks the fault was at the music, not promotion. But boy did the music that followed suck even more.

Did she actually say that? Where?

I agree that her debut is a better album. Though its always bugged me that people seem to limit her to one set of producers. I think the DJ album was an example of it working, as was Feedback, RWU. 20 Y.O, not so much. To me, not everything has to be "Classic Janet". Isnt part of being an artist trying different things? If it works, it works.

• Upvote 2

I LIKE this album, I don't love it.

I still stanky leg to "Roll Wit Chu".

"So Excited" still makes me attempt the choreography.

"With U" is still one of my personal favorites.

"Call On Me" brings me back to being 18 again.

"Enjoy" still sounds refreshing.

"Take Care" is my jaaaaam!

• Upvote 1

I LOVE "20 Y.O." !!!

In fact, it bounces back and forth with "Damita Jo" & "Rhythm Nation 1814" as my FAVORITE Janet Jackson album.

At the moment, I can say that it IS my current favorite. The ONLY song on this album that I'm not particularly fond of is 'So Excited'

I am a fan of EVERY OTHER track. I can listen to the album from top to bottom without even thinking of skipping a track. There's

not another Janet album in existence that I can honestly say that about.

From 'Do It 2 Me', to 'Get It Out Me', to 'Call On Me', to 'Show Me' (DAMN JANET...it's always gotta be about you, huh?)...

From 'Love 2 Love', to 'Enjoy', to 'Daybreak', to 'With U'...

'Take Care' & 'This Body'...this entire album is an underappreciated GEM in my humble opinion.

Even the bonus/gift material 'Days Gone By', 'Weekend' and (quite possibly THE absolute hottest non-standard-album Janet track) 'Roll Wit'chu'

are top notch to me. I'm in the minority here, but I truly and wholeheartedly dug the "20.Y.O" era.

Guess I'm a glaring exception to the Everyone-Hates-20-Y.O. hatefest. This album is my sheeeeeeit. :excited:

• Upvote 2

I LOVE "20 Y.O." !!!

In fact, it bounces back and forth with "Damita Jo" & "Rhythm Nation 1814" as my FAVORITE Janet Jackson album.

At the moment, I can say that it IS my current favorite. The ONLY song on this album that I'm not particularly fond of is 'So Excited'

I am a fan of EVERY OTHER track. I can listen to the album from top to bottom without even thinking of skipping a track. There's

not another Janet album in existence that I can honestly say that about.

From 'Do It 2 Me', to 'Get It Out Me', to 'Call On Me', to 'Show Me' (DAMN JANET...it's always gotta be about you, huh?)...

From 'Love 2 Love', to 'Enjoy', to 'Daybreak', to 'With U'...

'Take Care' & 'This Body'...this entire album is an underappreciated GEM in my humble opinion.

Even the bonus/gift material 'Days Gone By', 'Weekend' and (quite possibly THE absolute hottest non-standard-album Janet track) 'Roll Wit'chu'

are top notch to me. I'm in the minority here, but I truly and wholeheartedly dug the "20.Y.O" era.

Guess I'm a glaring exception to the Everyone-Hates-20-Y.O. hatefest. This album is my sheeeeeeit. :excited:

What you said... Every other track is just awesome to me. It makes up a lot of my gym playlist (or did before Unbreakable came out :D)

• Upvote 1

What you said... Every other track is just awesome to me. It makes up a lot of my gym playlist (or did before Unbreakable came out :D)

what songs from unbreakable do you use in the gym?

coz there's nothing on that album with enough tempo for me

what songs from unbreakable do you use in the gym?

coz there's nothing on that album with enough tempo for me

Burnitup, Dammn Baby, Shoulda Known Better, Dream Maker, 2 B Loved, Take Me Away, Gon' B Alright, plus pretty much the rest for cool down and resistance. I don't run, I do bike and cross trainer so the tempo is enough for me.

• Upvote 1