Janet UK tour postponed!

bu.

Oh please, I'm simply speculating. That's all we have this era. Yes, you guys being up great points, and it definitely seems like Janet is simply saying fuck you to the media, and all the shit they put her through. She can most definitely do that, AND deliver a great era to her fans. She chose to not even half ass it. The cancellations burried her further with the fans that are craving her. 

I don want you to believe that I these postponements/cancellations are cute at all. It's  certainly  a legitimate  concern in regards to her career and legacy. I just think that leg was too ambitious with her standing in Europe and the lack of promo didn't help.

Yes, #UnbreakableGame, I'm speculating... Isn't that what the forums are for? I didn't know I had to have a Master's degree in Janetology in order to voice my opinion here... ;) Just kidding ;) *all positive vibes* :)

You can call me King Game

Voice your opinion on the facts. 

FACT: She canceled Euro; Doing Dubai

OPINION: GRRR I'm mad even though this doesn't effect me in any way shape or form 

SPECULATION: Janet did this to piss off the fans / Joe is sick / She's sick

FACT: Janet likes to wear black

OPINION: GRRR why is she dressed in black. 

SPECULATION: Wissam makes her wear black bc she's black 

------

Forums are for discussing opinions.. Not making shit up. Leave that to American election politics  

Edited by #UnbreakableGame
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

You can call me King Game

Voice your opinion on the facts. 

FACT: She canceled Euro; Doing Dubai

OPINION: GRRR I'm mad even though this doesn't effect me in any way shape or form 

SPECULATION: Janet did this to piss off the fans / Joe is sick / She's sick

FACT: Janet likes to wear black

OPINION: GRRR why is she dressed in black. 

SPECULATION: Wissam makes her wear black bc she's black 

------

Forums are for discussing opinions.. Not making shit up. Leave that to American election politics  

FACT The Unbreakable era has been boring, and non-existent.

• Upvote 3

I really needed this laugh...thank you sis :lmao::lmao::lmao: Janet sure is a cocktease.

Look how busy this forum is with new members and the focus is around something so negative. Its sad and dissapointing that J should go out like this, no matter how much some members try to deny.

II can deal with the lack of videos and interviews, but the tour...ugh. Europe has not seen Janet in a stadium since TVR.

You ain't slick 

I criticize those who have unrealistic expectations

Janet is an independent artists.. and as long as she's an indy.. The things she did in the past are gone.

I don't care about charts.. I still loved Damita Jo for what it's worth.. I still love 20 YO.. I love Janet Jackson (the album)... And I appreciate Dread Street. 

Yes Jodi.. We know.. You've been repeating the same thing over and over and over again for the last 9 months.

Why do you care if it "costed" her fans "heartache blah blah blah"... Didn't you go to a concert in the States? I think Jodi should worry more about Jodi

you think an explanation or an apology is an unrealistic expectation?

liar. you're an ass kisser and you're bullshitting and everyone here knows it

• Upvote 1

Ok can we just stop blaming "her team?" Janet has been in the game long enough to call the shots. She simply dosen't give a fuck. She dosen't need her fans. She's married to a billionaire, she has her own money, therefore, she dosen't need us. This is play money for her. She's definitely not taking this era seriously, and she's not concerned with how it plays out. Maybe this is a big fuck you to some of her fans for the "Weekend" and "Superbowl 2004" outrage. 

She's not into it. Unfortunately, she dragged us and reeled us in, and pretty much is just laughing her way to the bank. This has ben the most pitiful era. Austin called this one out from the beginning. I really thought Austin and I were going to have our usual legendary wars through this era. Instead, Game is pulling any idiotic excuse for a crappy era, out of his asshole, and I'm at war with him. Oh how times have changed. :lol:

Ive always like you, and still do, but I completely disagree with that post. I believe Janet has stated and so has her team, how thankful she is for her fans. There isnt a fuck you being given to us by her nor her team, she's done the opposite, we've stood by her through thick and thin and made her feel wanted. This era hasn't been like previous eras, nor are the times, music sales are in the tank across the board for all but a select few. I will not accept the idea that Janet doesn't care she came back did an excellent album and gave us an arena size tour. I just dont believe everything is in her power to make things happen the way we want them too.

Edited by Stealth

I dont know where anyone in here is getting "facts" from? From what it sounds like Janet very much wants to tour Europe so why go and say she cancelled it? :unsure: Do we know Janet is the source? Has Janet even said anything official? There are no facts at the moment what we do have is a lot of speculation and emotions clouding judgment and thus making our own "facts" and "truths"

Edited by Stealth
  • Upvote 2

This is why I always stay optimistic. Anything can happen and my biggest hope is that this tour continues and the European fans get to see the show. I love all of the Janet family and I REALLY know in my heart that Janet and team will pull through. <3

• Upvote 3

Cant believe im agreeing with you on anything, but i agree :lol:. But not just through her current lyrics...yet literally, what else does she have left to talk about? We have arguably been delivered one of the best of her career after 7 years, touching on all those topics...what more can she say that she hasnt done? Go back to talking about being in love? She has given us alot and this was her final gift to the fans. Its a shame its panning out like this though (erawise, not album wise).

tumblr_mgipo7NtgC1qiaevfo1_r1_250_zps51a

but yeah true. You're right and like I said before. She should've taken advantage of all the love she was getting when she first released the album. Everyone was #teamjanet

Smh at some people acting as if the cancellation of the entire European tour is no big deal. Unless Janet goes into serious damage control mode SOON she can kiss any kind of even moderate success here goodbye. A lot of people here already saw her as a "flop" or "irrelevant" or whatever, obviously not true, and this mess will only further that feeling here. The blame lies with both LN and Janet. Were they even communicating? LN should have told Janet, at the start of the year say, that the ticket sales are still slow and you need to help us help you shift tickets by doing some form of publicity for the tour (maybe they did, but ten second video's on her Twitter/Facebook page that the public aren't even going to see doesn't cut it) and LN should have either booked smaller venue's and put on extra shows where appropriate ala UCAP or released limited amounts of tickets and increased them as demand dictated. Janet's tour was not any less promoted than anyone else's. However, LN have done a shitty thing here and I hope Janet hauls through the coals for it.

Janet thinking she was above proper promotion over here and still be able to sell the tour was quite (unintentionally) arrogant if you ask me. She did good in America, but here not only has she a tour/album to sell in countries where she hasn't had any major success in for years, but she also has a record label to finance. I don't get why someone with such a business venture doesn't want to sell her products appropriately. How's she making money from cancelled shows and dismal record sales? Unbreakable is good enough that with the right push it could perform much better than it has, at least outside the States. It's non existent here, and BBC Radio 2 have just dropped TGF from their playlist, a week after it went for official adds. People using Madonna as an example are correct, yes the tons of promo she did didn't do much for sales (that's party cos the music is rubbish) but she's still going to hit a million WW and she's selling out arena's and stadiums the world over. Not shabby at all. No reason Janet, with a masterpiece of an album that has worldwide appeal and who is still a hundred times the performer of Madonna, can't do the same, yet she couldn't even half fill some arena's. It's not about her selling as much as or more than her peers or getting hits or number one's or whatever, it's getting her WW status improved so she can actually tour, which is where the money is now. She wouldn't be touring if she didn't want to tour, or make money, or sell the album.

Janet needs to decide whether she wants to be a pop star or not. If not, release albums whenever she feels inspired to do so, no publicity, no non existent conversations or movements, no getting fan's hopes up of seeing you live and being cancelled on, maybe do few shows here and there where she knows she'll sell well, and just let the music do what it's gonna do and retreat behind the scenes away from public view as she so desires, or she gets her arse into gear, sells her products appropriately to enable tours to go ahead and do well, make the coins for her business venture's and cements her legacy again as the legend she is.

(sorry for the stupid long post. Guess I just needed a vent lol)

I halfway wanted to choke your ass for this long ass post but I do agree. Even tho she tweeted today that she's gonna reschedule the Europe shows as soon as she can people are already gonna be like "hell naw I ain't buying no tickets just so she can cancel again." I think there's already as sour taste left in some people's mouths. I hope she is able to sell the dates out again.

Yes, #UnbreakableGame, I'm speculating... Isn't that what the forums are for? I didn't know I had to have a Master's degree in Janetology in order to voice my opinion here... ;) Just kidding ;) *all positive vibes* :)

Don't worry about his ass. That's why he's still on my ignore list. I ain't got time. 

• Upvote 1

If she is able to reschedule then I won't lie, I probably will buy tickets again, plus I also bought tickets for five family members as a Christmas present so I would buy the six tickets again (otherwise I'll have to think of new Christmas gifts in March!), but if this kind of thing happened again that'd be it for me, tours wise. It probably won't though, Janet wouldn't let it happen again. She'd have too much to lose if it did. She'll either promote them better or play smaller venues/ only bigger cities. The saving grace from this could be that it was LN who pulled the rug from under her, whether she promoted etc etc or not they screwed her over too. They could have gave her more notice and tried to fix the situation of the ticket sales instead of pulling the shows pretty much last minute, it seems, without much warning to Janet herself, or moved people closer to the stage/moved the stage up the arena or whatever. Some dates seemed to be sold quite decently judging by the seating charts on TM. Some were really bad though. I just hope she is ok. This whole mess must be stressful for her too.

Edited by CF86

Ive always like you, and still do, but I completely disagree with that post. I believe Janet has stated and so has her team, how thankful she is for her fans. There isnt a fuck you being given to us by her nor her team, she's done the opposite, we've stood by her through thick and thin and made her feel wanted. This era hasn't been like previous eras, nor are the times, music sales are in the tank across the board for all but a select few. I will not accept the idea that Janet doesn't care she came back did an excellent album and gave us an arena size tour. I just dont believe everything is in her power to make things happen the way we want them to

I disagree. As I've admittedly stated over, and over, until I even make myself sick; a few appearances, live performances, and or a few dance videos would have sufficed. I don't mind Janet doing things "differently" but this is not a good version of "differently." All we have gotten is hype. Other than the album, which I love, and the tour, this era has been extremely stale. Her huge announcements have lacked anything huge. I don't even give a shit about Janet's personal life, if she's Muslim, Christian, Atheist, Wiccan, Satanist, or otherwise.... I would have even been ok with zero interviews (althogh a play by play, or even a "Making of the Unbreakable album tv special would have given me life), at least performances, a video for Burnitup, would have kept up some interest. I have always been a Janet cheerleader, supporter, and haterbuster, but I do not stand with the direction she took with this era. It has completely sucked, has been boring, and she's been extremely distant. 

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 2