So I just wanna know, why y'all asses don't like "Greatest X"

LyricalLesson

So I'll probably regret  this shit in the morningz, cuz ya boy is real inebriated art the moment. I was listening to my mp3 player at work, on shuffle as per usual, and "Greatest X" pops up. I've always dug that shit, Janet sounds angelic up in that bitch! I remembewr when "Discipline" first dropped, it was a definitive highlight from day one for me/ but I've notoced over the years that y'all don't appreciate it like my ass does! I just wanna know..................WHYYYYYYY?! Like, give my clueless ass some legit reeeeasons why you ain't feelin' it. I legit have it as one of my 3 favorite JJ  ballads of all time, no joke (nahhh, it ain't the liquor talking, lol <_<<_<) I've BEEN wanting to ask y'all asses this specific question! Let's discuss this conundrum , a brutha REALLY  want's to know. Let me knoooowooowooow, let me knooooowooowooow..if you wan't it baaaabaaaayy, let me knowwwwww!

• Upvote 1

I think it's cute. It used to be my favourite ballad on the album but then I realised it's not as good as I thought. Never Letchu Go grew on me more 

Ohhhhhhhh, yikessss. See on the flip side, I think "Never Let'chu Go" is one of the WORST songs Janet's ever recprded lol. -_-

Janet hasn't had a solid ballad in years. Not sure why :unsure: even After You Fall is :ph34r: too soon

I would say Thinking Bout My Ex is the last solid ballad she did (if we are not including slow sexy jams). Now Lessons Learned holds the spot.

With U does not cut it for me...its harmless filler but nothing more.

Considering the subject of After You Fall, the the sparse production suits it well, but it does get a bit meh after awhile. Love the lyrics/vocals but I find it too sad so skip it usually.

Edited by vibeology

Funny.  After You Fall is the only song I skip on unbreakable.  The subject matter and lyrics are awesome and her vocals are good too.  But yeah it drags and kills my boner. Should have put that track at the very end 

• Upvote 3

I actually happen to really like Greatest X and Never Letchu Go too for that matter, but then I've always had a soft spot for soppy pop ballads. 

After You Fall on the other hand is a song I just can't get into. Vocally, it's probably one of Janet's strongest efforts but I find I tend to skip that song altogether when listening to the Unbreakable album.

• Upvote 1

Funny.  After You Fall is the only song I skip on unbreakable.  The subject matter and lyrics are awesome and her vocals are good too.  But yeah it drags and kills my boner. Should have put that track at the very end 

Nooooo! AYF is too melancholy to have at the end. Gonna Be Alright is perfect - finish on an optimistic note. I dont really know where best placed AYF should be...maybe before Lessons Learned?   The song is definetely needed though...

I would say Thinking Bout My Ex is the last solid ballad she did (if we are not including slow sexy jams).

With U does not cut it for me...its harmless filler but nothing more.

Considering the subject of After You Fall, the the sparse production suits it well, but it does get a bit meh after awhile. Love the lyrics/vocals but I find it too sad so skip it usually.

She didn't even write that song :cry: It's good.. Like ' With U', Thinkin is just good filler 

AYF had potential but Janet played it too safe towards the end.  

I actually happen to really like Greatest X and Never Letchu Go too for that matter, but then I've always had a soft spot for soppy pop ballads. 

After You Fall on the other hand is a song I just can't get into. Vocally, it's probably one of Janet's strongest efforts but I find I tend to skip that song altogether when listening to the Unbreakable album.

That's exactly what they are.. Soppy pop ballads.. Adult version but still (like Demi Lovato's Stone Cold). 

Never Letchu Go is ok...Greatest X is mmmm ehhh, but Thinking Bout My Ex was actually a really good song to me. I'll even play the first two songs from time to time. I kinda agree with everyone AYF is lyrically one of her deepest in relation to her life over the years & it really hits the points by being raw and transparent but I do usually skip it. It's too heavy some times, & vocally I think it's ok...but I wouldn't call it one of her best. I miss ballads like IGL, Where Are You Now, ATAP - even tho sexy it feels like a ballad. 

I want a ballad where Janet would sing it out like IGL. Don't know why it hasn't happened in such a long time. 

I don't hate it but it is very cheesy and not the kind of song I would've expected Janet to be singing at 40, I do like a bit of cheese every now and then though myself ha. 

On the other hand, I loved Never Letchu Go when I saw her perform it, u would definitely put that above Greatest X. 

You need help with that boner? :shifty:

You need help with that boner? :shifty: