The "VENTING" Thread!! (No rebuttals PLS!)

Dal

so I was reading in the "Secret Video Filmed?" thread how everyone was suggesting there should be a separate thread dedicated strictly to those of us who love/admire/appreciate/worship Janet but feel the need to express our opinions without worrying about our thoughts getting thrown back at us in a not-so-friendly way..

This is that thread folks!

Here, we should able to express our not-so-popular (among certain members) points of views.. Hopefully those certain members will leave their rebuttals and opposing opinions out of this, so as to not create another revolving door of arguments/debates/etc..

To start this off, I'm going to re-post my most recent post I made in the aforementioned thread (if you've read it already, feel free to skip ahead and post your own rant):

(This is a looong post but it has a point!)

We're all YUUUUGE fans of Janet, otherwise we wouldn't be computer nerds and typing away on some internet messageboard stating how much we wish we (and everyone else we know) could see her more in the public spotlight.. 

I get that she wants/has to do things differently.. I get that.. I really do get that.. I totally get that..

My only legit question regarding the roll-out of this album/era is why isn't she able to do any type of formal promo? I get that she's not signed to a huge record company anymore...but ultimately she's a Jackson... A legend in the industry.. Someone who could still be a force to reckoned with..

Some think that she wouldn't be able to do a TV performance (Ellen, Kimmel, Fallon, etc) because she would have to pay for her dancers/crew and flights and hotels and all that.. But it's my understanding that these types of shows (the Ellens, Kimmels, Fallons, etc) that would actually be the ones paying the bill.. Whatever performance she did would be for their show, therefore, they would pay the expenses.. Hell, even guests that go on these talk shows for a 7 minute segments promoting some random cable show they're on get paid! Nobody does those shows for free...

And just to play devils advocate for a minute, even if Janet were the one who would have to pay the expenses of her crew/dancers/band/etc to perform on TV, wouldn't the return she would get most likely be worth the expenses? Meaning, if she went on Ellen to perform Dammn Baby and Ellen was all "nah Jan you pay for it all and we'll just broadcast it," the expectation would be that her performing would garner more public interest, therefore resulting in more album sales, therefore putting more money into Rhythm Nation Records'/Janet Jackson's pocket (therefore making said performance/expenses worth it)..

I know damn sure Janet Jackson didn't pay for anything that BET awards did for her when they gave her that award last year.. You know BET picked up the tab on that..

So, in the end, I can't help but wonder why she is refusing (if that's the case) to do any sort of promo.. It can't be for financial reasons as some have pointed out before.. I get the no interviews thing, although I'm sure people like Ellen or Fallon wouldn't start asking if she's Muslim or if her mom was kidnapped or if she hates the MJ Estate or whatever, so I guess I almost don't get the no interviews thing..

I think it all boils down to the fact that she isn't hungry anymore.. She point blank doesn't want to do any of these things anymore to help her brand.. She's over it.. She's only doing the tour to please her fans (and just that is a lot of work, I'm sure).. She put out her best album since TVR, but unfortunately it's most likely going to be one of those albums that are discovered by accident far down the road by most of the general public.. And I feel that's just too bad.. 

Still excited for the new video though.. Maybe once that comes out, she will try to relaunch this era and do things the old-fashioned way (at least a little).. 

FINGERS CROSSED!!

• Upvote 4

Honey, the era is still young!

i still actually dont care how things go. Once my tour got cancelled (which i would have been seeing today), i tuned out. If it gets rescheduled or I get to hear her say something interesting, I'll be bothered again. I only come here for tales of your exploding pussy :lol:

• Upvote 1

i still actually dont care how things go. Once my tour got cancelled (which i would have been seeing today), i tuned out. If it gets rescheduled or I get to hear her say something interesting, I'll be bothered again. I only come here for tales of your exploding pussy :lol:

she can keep the tour at this point. I was done after she cancelled twice....I mean "postponed".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol I'm just saying folks.. Obviously you can do whatever you want and post where ever you want.. But reading the suggestions that we need a venting thread led me to create this one.. 

I've already posted my feelings about the lack of promo.. it clearly shouldn't be any financial reasons that's stopping her from setting up a televised performance or interview, as some have suggested may be the case.. 

If Janet were slightly more transparent with her supporters then a lot of these feelings wouldn't be happening..

what are some other things that we (her fans) wish we could see her do?

• Upvote 2

You know dictator, Gameshia Trump is not going to be able to resist. I don't even mind rebuttals. The problem is, people like Game, who immediately get snarky, and start calling us "fake fans" for not loving everything about this perfect era.

well hopefully we won't get called "fake fans" or whatever in here.. Here's to hoping that certain members won't even click on this thread knowing it's just going to be complaining.. It's a two-way street.. 

• Upvote 2

She's destroying any of the remaining legacy in Europe by not addressing the cancellations properly. She's becoming a joke and that all could have been prevented. She needs to do some serious damage control before it's too late, and I ain't talking about posting Dubai, jewellery or vinyl shit news. One bad move after another, her team (and her attitude) is disastrous.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Lol I'm just saying folks.. Obviously you can do whatever you want and post where ever you want.. But reading the suggestions that we need a venting thread led me to create this one.. 

I've already posted my feelings about the lack of promo.. it clearly shouldn't be any financial reasons that's stopping her from setting up a televised performance or interview, as some have suggested may be the case.. 

If Janet were slightly more transparent with her supporters then a lot of these feelings wouldn't be happening..

what are some other things that we (her fans) wish we could see her do?

Some fan engagement would be nice...a Q&A with fans would suffice.

For ages I believed we would still get her transgender documentary...given the concept of the album it would be the perfect time for it, but doubtful it was ever made (did that ever come from her lips?) Any documentary around her life, the tour or the album process would be nice though, but again doubtful.

• Upvote 1

What I think would be amazing FREE promo on her part is to maybe make a 2 minute video of her talking to the camera about every track from the album... Basically a "mini-StoryTellers" about how each song came to be, the motivation behind it, etc etc.. She could put a new video out daily or weekly and really spark up convos about the album again..

it is beyond me why she hasn't done anything like this.. Instead we get 15 second videos of her saying how excited she is to perform for fans all over Europe and then....well....ya know already..

• Upvote 6