The "VENTING" Thread!! (No rebuttals PLS!)

Dal

I'm still gonna stick my dick in every thread and leave my jizz stains ;)

Still love you boo boo :)

LOL you could never get away with talking like this at the Xone haha!

well hopefully we won't get called "fake fans" or whatever in here.. Here's to hoping that certain members won't even click on this thread knowing it's just going to be complaining.. It's a two-way street.. 

I actually have a thread called "Fake Fans" lol. It's more than a few pages long already

Finally a place that I can call home.

Oh I thought trickin' on the corner of 3rd and Morris was 

alexis4.gif

Personally I liked the dancing I got in FB I liked the build up to it & the end. RWU the dancing was classic to most people and really dope. 

But I think Janet could have made this era work without public performances, if she would have engaged fans by talking to them and doing in studio interviews discussing the process and the lyrics. If she would have done a documentary to raise money for her charity affiliations with SKB, if she would have done periscope. Just minor changes that make her more visible. 

The only hope is this videos being epic & her playing off her 50th birthday & the symbolism of that milestone for her as the next and last biggest Jackson. 

Lastly BET awards would have been dope if she performed Rhythm Nation with the new generation of celebrities backing her up. She would have looked like a true leader in the game, and it would have promoted her label

Edited by FreelovesJJ
  • Upvote 3

Personally I liked the dancing I got in FB I liked the build up to it & the end. RWU the dancing was classic to most people and really dope. 

But I think Janet could have made this era work without public performances, if she would have engaged fans by talking to them and doing in studio interviews discussing the process and the lyrics. If she would have done a documentary to raise money for her charity affiliations with SKB, if she would have done periscope. Just minor changes that make her more visible. 

The only hope is this videos being epic & her playing off her 50th birthday & the symbolism of that milestone for her as the next and last biggest Jackson. 

Lastly BET awards would have been dope if she performed Rhythm Nation with the new generation of celebrities backing her up. She would have looked like a true leader in the game, and it would have promoted her label

I agree that there were avenues she could have utilized without making public appearances or spending money. Her core fans can only get her so far.

Janet didn't even have to go on a talk show (even though I want her to). All she had to do was post videos talking about the album process and answering some fan questions. There's no reason she couldn't do that...if this era was truly about the fans.

• Upvote 5

BET kind of messed that up too by making it an ultimate dance icon award. It should have just been an Icon award and there should have been a live band with live singing.  Jimmy and Terry were there and the rest of the Time members were not busy.  Gil doesnt know the BET audience so none of her R&B music was represented during that tribute.  Control was not performed.  All the celebs were tweeting before she came out thinking she was about to tear the stage up. Taraji even tweeted before she came on stage Janet is about to show the children how its done.  and she didn't 

• Upvote 1

I think everything was right up to the BET awards. I knew when janet didn't perform, that she was not really interested. And I knew it was going to be a mess when she spelt 'Sleep' with 3 e's. It was such a dumb idea that only confused people and gave DJs ammo to make snarky comments. 

For me, the perfect idea would have been Damn Baby as the lead single.

I agree with No Sleep being the launch single. It was a great way to come back smooth like TTWLG, but Damn baby should have come out not long after as the lead, and performed at the BET awards. 

I think it was a clever move to launch the tour before the album in the U.S. but there should have been properly scheduled breaks to promote. The Europe leg should not have been as big and it should have been fully promoted. Even the no.1s tour had more promo in Europe. 

But ultimately, I would appreciate having a few interviews about the music and some videos of janet in depth and not 15 second clips of her lying on a bed. 

• Upvote 1

You know something quite interesting , I decided to just give up on commenting of Janets career decsions after the europde dates were cancelled and fans were always being attacked for "disagreeing" with her approach this ERA. . They were told to shut and be grateful for an ERA no one thought we would even get in the first place.

What i aways found amusing though is that fans that lived in the states mostly were always harshest at fans in Europe for being mad at janet for the lack of promotion .

What they didnt get is that I , like most fans that were following ticket sales in the tour section of janet.club could see that the tour dates were going to be cancelled . It really wasnt rocket science , I really have no idea what she and her team were thinking , They probably over estimated her her demand , or mistook her for michael jackson .

Her music has barely been played on international airwaves since ALL FOR YOU  and to some extent Call on Me .

On top of that Janet is rarely in the public eye . She is black and over 45 in a very racist and ageist industry .

Her return  one of the biggest music markets in the world to  tour was commerated  was by LYIIN IN BED TAKING SELFIE VIDEOS . When ticket sales were colder than antartica . No appearance on any show, no performance , NOTHING !

As if Live nation was going ti let her perform in half empty arenas. Laughable  indeed .

While we are at it , can we ADMIT , how Nobody outside the fanbase thought BURN IT UP was a hot song . I mean I tried but KITY CATT MEOW MEOW not so cute on a song by two very mature women 

Edited by Idrag4mj
  • Upvote 3

You know something quite interesting , I decided to just give up on commenting of Janets career decsions after the europde dates were cancelled and fans were always being attacked for "disagreeing" with her approach this ERA. . They were told to shut and be grateful for an ERA no one thought we would even get in the first place.

What i aways found amusing though is that fans that lived in the states mostly were always harshest at fans in Europe for being mad at janet for the lack of promotion .

What they didnt get is that I , like most fans that were following ticket sales in the tour section of janet.club could see that the tour dates were going to be cancelled . It really wasnt rocket science , I really have no idea what she and her team were thinking , They probably over estimated her her demand , or mistook her for michael jackson .

Her music has barely been played on international airwaves since ALL FOR YOU  and to some extent Call on Me .

On top of that Janet is rarely in the public eye . She is black and over 45 in a very racist and ageist industry .

Her return  one of the biggest music markets in the world to  tour was commerated  was by LYIIN IN BED TAKING SELFIE VIDEOS . When ticket sales were colder than antartica . No appearance on any show, no performance , NOTHING !

As if Live nation was going ti let her perform in half empty arenas. Laughable  indeed .

While we are at it , can we ADMIT , how Nobody outside the fanbase thought BURN IT UP was a hot song . I mean I tried but KITY CATT MEOW MEOW not so cute on a 50 year old

No I cant admit that and Missy is the one saying meow meow not her.  Once the song begins the lyrics are on point as far as her opening the show explaining where she has been.  No one outside the fanbase knows about burn it up to even critique it.  Im sure the people at janet club could see the seats were not selling but they cant discuss that over there because the site is run by a communist.

• Upvote 1

I agree, it would have been great.

With the following lyrics it would have made more sense to the public what she meant with the movement and conversation:

"A brand new movement That started with a Conversation in a cafe It's all about love ....  You wanna show me love Let's keep that conversation going honey"

But I guess NS was more safe and classic Janet.

I feel that NS was a bad way to begin the era. I like the song, it was nice, but its sound is not appealing to the general public. It only found any real success on the AC charts (in America), but I guess it would have been impossible to do well on the Hot 100 seeing as how they tend to not play new songs by older artists.

u know who I feel really bad for? the dancers, especially the young ones, they were probably really excited to tour the world and had all these cancellations happen and they worked hard rehearsed hard and this comes along

Yup and then J's team makes them lie to make her not look as bad.  That's show business for ya

Edited by msboz
  • Upvote 1

Oh yeah.......damn forgot about that...what did happen to that. Smh....man, this made me a little disappointed.

Lord.  Janet should get an award for all projects she and her team have promised us yet never saw the light or  never really evovled into anything.  We should play a game and try to name them all. 

The Lingerie Line

Becoming T

That MTV Dance Project Show

Her movie deal with Lionsgate

Unbreakable confessions

2 promised new songs she said would add on the tour.  (She tweeted Hawaii would get 2 new songs, however she onlg did 1 which was Night)

Tennessee

The Rn and Janet tours ( she has been teasing this for years)

Rescheduled tour dates  (TBD)

hmmm what else?

Edited by msboz
  • Upvote 3

Damn bruh... When you lay it all out like that it's just like wtf Janet!? ?

Besides the new album being dope as shit and the tour having moderate success here in the states, this past decade has not been good to Miss Jackson whatsoever...

heres to hoping he DB video will breathe new life into this era and make the general public wake up (at least a little) to the magic of Janet Jackson!

• Upvote 1

Lord.  Janet should get an award for all projects she and her team have promised us yet never saw the light or  never really evovled into anything.  We should play a game and try to name them all. 

The Lingerie Line - hmm pictures and all then BANG nothing!

Becoming T - This is the biggest mystery to me?! Did Janet ever talk about this? I saw quotes but never saw anything from her lips

That MTV Dance Project Show - I dont remember this?

Her movie deal with Lionsgate - or this...

Unbreakable confessions - ...or this

2 promised new songs she said would add on the tour.  (She tweeted Hawaii would get 2 new songs, however she onlg did 1 which was Night)

Tennessee - at least we got an explaination of sorts. I mean the film was never made so that coulda been due to anything

The Rn and Janet tours ( she has been teasing this for years) - i dont care that much about this but i believe it will happen

Rescheduled tour dates  (TBD)

hmmm what else?

Edited by vibeology

Thanks. I couldn't find that trailer anymore and thought I was crazy for a min. I was excited when it was first announced and proud she was bringing light to an important issue that (at the time) the mainstream gay movement didn't even want to talk about too much.

Google Janet and lionsgate.  The headlines will pop up.  There are tons.  The MTV dance project I believe was for the discipline era....a group of dancers were picked to be/audition for Janet.  This was being shot in Vegas...thats all I can rememeber.  At the time Janet had just mended her relationship with MTV and she was featured in those mtv shorts if you recall.   Unbreakable confessions...gurl scroll up a page or 2 lol ;)

• Upvote 1