The "VENTING" Thread!! (No rebuttals PLS!)

Dal

Google Janet and lionsgate.  The headlines will pop up.  There are tons.  The MTV dance project I believe was for the discipline era....a group of dancers were picked to be/audition for Janet.  This was being shot in Vegas...thats all I can rememeber.  At the time Janet had just mended her relationship with MTV and she was featured in those mtv shorts if you recall.   Unbreakable confessions...gurl scroll up a page or 2 lol ;)

Nope i dont recall but then again im not in the US. The thing i recall is the spoof thing

oh okay...I'm sure the members here can shed some more light about that project.  Also when googling her past projects I couldn't help myself but to read the comments.  So many warm and positve things said about her, especially in regards to the Transgender documentry.  Currently the comments about her aren't so nice. 

Edited by msboz

u know who I feel really bad for? the dancers, especially the young ones, they were probably really excited to tour the world and had all these cancellations happen and they worked hard rehearsed hard and this comes along

They aren't getting the exposure either. Those 2 kids have found ways to keep their names out there though with their little videos. 

Can somebody refresh my memory about this "Unbreakable Confessions?" 

Was that the whole "I heard it from Janet" and "I told you" deal?

I thought it was going to be little clues she was going to give out to win stuff on that my vip site. 

I remember all those projects. I really wonder what was happening in camp Janet. Seriously. Her coming back with so much leverage on her side after being gone so long, but it wasn't fully capitalized. Let's give the benefit of the doubt, her health caused some setbacks, but if there was more promo in the pipelines set to come down...it would have made up for that time period. This album was toooooo epic, literally stands against her old work easily  

I so badly want her to come back & be strong & do well. I hold out the most hope for her even when it's not looking at its best. I keep saying there's one more strategy she can leverage & it would create buzz, and that's the turning of 50 for her. Especially with a song like Dammn Baby lyrically. 

I also said in another thread the dancers are being under utilized. Their talent surpasses anyone she's had in recent years. They could have choreographed things themselves for her. 

• Upvote 1

I honestly do not get why she isn't "hungry" anymore. Other stars her age still are and still want to be on top. I get that she's been there, done that but there is still a lot she could do and be. After The Velvet Rope she became this sex symbol and an icon globally (altho janet. was a huge hit that really made people notice her) but from AFY onwards you could see the musical decline. Just when you thought Janet was the queen of the world (musically speaking), things went down. I guess Super Bowl played a major part on it, I mean she was always considered to be the only "sane" Jackson, and after SB she became a joke. She tried many things, even gave her career to La Reid's hands but it didn't work. The MJ died and she disappeared. I guess she went from being the sensual, sexual icon to a topic of jokes and she wasn't used to that and had no idea how to handle it.

Looking back at Madonna's career and how much backlash she has had in the past, I think J could take a few pointers. I don't want her to become a pathetic granny trying to be cool, like M does but how Madonna handles and manipulates the press is something J could learn from.

Also, it's becoming painfully obvious that the men in her life have a lot of control over what she does. Fans used to get upset when people said her musical style went downhill after Rene left. But look at what JD did to her career. And now look at her being covered up, and not having any male dancers on stage. Singing about Palestine, being all spiritual and using islamic symbols in her work. I wonder what her career would be like if she just stayed single. I am happy for her though, just curious.

• Upvote 1

I honestly do not get why she isn't "hungry" anymore. Other stars her age still are and still want to be on top. I get that she's been there, done that but there is still a lot she could do and be. After The Velvet Rope she became this sex symbol and an icon globally (altho janet. was a huge hit that really made people notice her) but from AFY onwards you could see the musical decline. Just when you thought Janet was the queen of the world (musically speaking), things went down. I guess Super Bowl played a major part on it, I mean she was always considered to be the only "sane" Jackson, and after SB she became a joke. She tried many things, even gave her career to La Reid's hands but it didn't work. The MJ died and she disappeared. I guess she went from being the sensual, sexual icon to a topic of jokes and she wasn't used to that and had no idea how to handle it.

Looking back at Madonna's career and how much backlash she has had in the past, I think J could take a few pointers. I don't want her to become a pathetic granny trying to be cool, like M does but how Madonna handles and manipulates the press is something J could learn from.

Also, it's becoming painfully obvious that the men in her life have a lot of control over what she does. Fans used to get upset when people said her musical style went downhill after Rene left. But look at what JD did to her career. And now look at her being covered up, and not having any male dancers on stage. Singing about Palestine, being all spiritual and using islamic symbols in her work. I wonder what her career would be like if she just stayed single. I am happy for her though, just curious.

The thing I will give to M is that she is not afraid to be vulnerable for her fans. Visually she gives them everything...documentaries, intimate shows, engagement...always changing it up. That Tears of a Clown thing, she looked silly, but she put herself out there at a crazy time in her life. Its probably all for her own gratification, but the fans still benefit. Its probably why they are so obsessed with her. M & J are two completely different characters though...

With regards to Janet and her men, I think its inevitable that whoever you are, your partner is going to have some influence on your craft, especially when your from the same industry. The energy and environment you find yourself in. Shit even Patty was influenced by Gavin in WDIGM :lol: Doesnt necessarily mean she is being controlled.

She is currently respecting her partners faith it seems...is he forcing her to? Maybe its her choice. Her being spiritual isnt new, but if she is at a higher point, good for her and us if we get this quality of music.

• Upvote 1

it went down after Rene and Tina.  The Super Bowl stunt does not happen with Tina in the picture.  As far as Madonna goes she is a white women. The rules are different. Janet could not manipulate the press like that in any lifetime.  As far as her men this is the worse case scenario. Wissam has done more interviews and photo shoots this era than she has with his body showing by the way. The whole religion is just insecure men who try and excuse the behavior by falling back on the Koran the same way Christians do with the bible 

• Upvote 1

it went down after Rene and Tina.  The Super Bowl stunt does not happen with Tina in the picture.  As far as Madonna goes she is a white women. The rules are different. Janet could not manipulate the press like that in any lifetime.  As far as her men this is the worse case scenario. Wissam has done more interviews and photo shoots this era than she has with his body showing by the way. The whole religion is just insecure men who try and excuse the behavior by falling back on the Koran the same way Christians do with the bible 

Oh please. Don't use Janet being black as an excuse. That's so weak. Chris Brown got over beating up Rihanna ffs. Janet could have gotten over the Super Bowl. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh please. Don't use Janet being black as an excuse. That's so weak. Chris Brown got over beating up Rihanna ffs. Janet could have gotten over the Super Bowl. 

whoa whoa bruh.. That's obviously dude's personal opinion.. Whether he's right or wrong we're not trying to start any kind of debates in here.. Just letting folks get shit off their chest.. ?

lol this is not really the place but it not quite the same. I often see people say that  but it's just not true. Christianity has been through a reformation and is streaks ahead. 

I feel janet didn't handle the SB fiasco in the right way. She never explained clearly what was 'suppose' to happen. It's like David Letterman. The only reason why he pestered her was because she wouldn't give a straight answer. She tried to flirt her way out of it instead of answering the question. 

But tbh I never understood why she never got the SB show to herself, where she could've performed a new song. 

• Upvote 1

whoa whoa bruh.. That's obviously dude's personal opinion.. Whether he's right or wrong we're not trying to start any kind of debates in here.. Just letting folks get shit off their chest.. ?

So people can't reply to one another? :coffee: 

So people can't reply to one another? :coffee: 

sure they can! ? But it'd be nice if this thread could remain argument-free basically.. Just letting people vent and get their feelings out ya know ?

Janet could've handled it better....but being a BLACK WOMAN in America is a completely different ball game than any other example. Not to mention being a Jackson

if it was Madonna it would have been a different reaction from white conservative men. black female sexuality has a completely different history in America..

Edited by J.
  • Upvote 4

I'll put it this way. If Madonna were black and that happened to her, she would have said fuck you all it's just a tit. That's just who Madonna is and it has nothing to do with her skin color. 

That was my own opinion. :coffee: 

• Upvote 1

I'll put it this way. If Madonna were black and that happened to her, she would have said fuck you all it's just a tit. That's just who Madonna is and it has nothing to do with her skin color. 

That was my own opinion. :coffee: 

You wouldnt understad becus of ....well lets face it. Youre not one of us. So....yeah