Janet & Wissam Having a Baby

J.

In hindsight, I can believe she was trying to get pregnant and maybe can announcement at the end of the Europe tour. Under the original schedule, she would have been done with the US and in Europe by now. Maybe all that blew up when she had to have that (fertility?) procedure and rescheduled. Then her attempt to do both at the same time kinda blew up.

In hindsight, I can believe she was trying to get pregnant and maybe can announcement at the end of the Europe tour. Under the original schedule, she would have been done with the US and in Europe by now. Maybe all that blew up when she had to have that (fertility?) procedure and rescheduled. Then her attempt to do both at the same time kinda blew up.

but why do that when she of all people knows anything can happen on your. Why plan right now or even at the start of the tour. I just wish she would be honest on this because this is the end of her career. She is going to go back to the desert and never leave. Hopefully she has this kid state side or in Europe 

Bittersweet but like fine wine.. Janet will return in time to slay the masses once again ^_^ 

I don't like the timing but the surgery and such would make sense. For all we know, Janet could have been preggers during her Dubai tour date 

I may also add, you mentioned some screen shot of ONE date in June. I don't think ticket sales has anything to do with her US tour 

I really hope she does return.. That would be the ultimate apology/thank you to those who have been effected by all this, yourself and myself included.. But if Janet doesn't like touring/promoting now, we can only hope she'll be wanting to do it in her 50's with her first born child at home..

and to be real, you're right.. I have only seen that 6/6 date that was posted in another thread, missing a TON of seats.. But I can't help but wonder.. what if all the dates had completely sold out already? Would we be seeing the same chain of events? If she truly is with child, then possibly so...

But I just can't help feeling there's far more going on behind the scenes than what has come from her lips..

• Upvote 3

Hmmmm if this was even on the RADAR, why would she form this partnership with BMG and release this major project that has a "three year plan" with a world wide tour?  The more she canceled, the more flakey it seemed.  Love Janet and wish her the best, but surprised by this path and her timing with everything, especially considering that it seems more planned than any kind of surprise.

• Upvote 4

I'm absolutely happy for Janet. 

It's just a shame that the silence, postponements, and cancellations have occurred, because a lot of people don't seem to be happy to hear this news. All they're concerned about are the shows being canceled or a music video and all they can bring up are low ticket sales.

There's more to life than concerts and I'm sorry that you didn't get to see the tour (I SINCERELY have faith that she'll be on stage again down the road) or the promo that you wanted, but how much more do you want from Janet?

She's given us a lot. It hasn't been perfect in the last decade, but I'm always going to have love for her and wish her the best in health and happiness, which comes first before her career.

Edited by Kishi
  • Upvote 2

first off, pregnancy or surrogacy or whatever, that is happy news so congratulations.

but, wtf!? She took a fair amount of time and planning and effort, organsied a tour, dates, dancers etc in a professional capacity - she put aside a set amount of time for her work, her tour, 

now she's just doing something else bang in the middle of it all!?  I mean, who does that!? Most people are not able to do that because their job simply would not allow them to start "planning a family" in the middle of a project, which also affects people like the dancers etc.

Good for them if they want children, but this decision cannot have literally just occurred to them in the past few weeks, having a child is a conversation that lasts a fairly long amount of time before a decision is reached.

Why is she so vague? "planning a family" what does that even mean? Why has she still not bothered to address the massive disappointment caused to fans in Europe?

I honestly believe she will NEVER return to Europe on tour, and I am also fairly certain this is more or less the end of her touring in the states as well. If a baby comes along, the walls are going straight back up.

It is certainly a more mature age to be having children at - when her son or daughter is 20 she will be 70!!!

Good luck to her, but, I mean, terrible organisational skills!

Edited by all4U

Wow!! It surprises me how soo many fans are fuckin disappointed!! Really?! Whether you got the chance to see her or not, it's HER LIFE! For those who didn't, you're getting your money back. For those who did, but are skeptical of the announcement really need to get a life! Another really?! Who cares if she's lying or not? That's the hole she's dug for herself.

I, for one, am ecstatic!! I literally screamed when she said "expanding the family." At first, my heart was beating 100 MPH because I thought she was gonna say something terrible about her health or her family. But I'm relieved and extremely happy.

I'm not dissappointed that she's pregnant, and I'm not dissappointed that she cancelled the tour because of it. I'm dissappointed that she gave us the bigfest piece of shit era ever. Yet the album was so good. 

Edited by Jodienda76

I'm betting we will never see the alleged Dammn Baby video. 

naah I'm pretty sure that'll actually materialized ..Dave Meyers already stated its coming soon and to "hang tight".. And since it's already in the can, no reason not to release it (especially since it has the word "Baby" in the title lol)..

Just want to throw this out there, my bad if I rubbed folks the wrong way with the "miscarriage" theory I threw out there.. Probably shouldn't have put that on blast like that..

But like someone else said already, I never pictured Janet with kids, and if that is the end result from all of this, then I'm sincerely happy for her and I look forward to seeing glimpses of her kid once every few years...and possibly hearing from her own lips how motherhood has changed her life.. Not holding my breath tho..

But like I already said, I can't help but wonder if the tour had sold out would all this be happening?

who knows tho.. 

I really hope she does return.. That would be the ultimate apology/thank you to those who have been effected by all this, yourself and myself included.. But if Janet doesn't like touring/promoting now, we can only hope she'll be wanting to do it in her 50's with her first born child at home..

and to be real, you're right.. I have only seen that 6/6 date that was posted in another thread, missing a TON of seats.. But I can't help but wonder.. what if all the dates had completely sold out already? Would we be seeing the same chain of events? If she truly is with child, then possibly so...

But I just can't help feeling there's far more going on behind the scenes than what has come from her lips..

I think a lot has been going on with her since she announced her comeback.  She is not the same and it is not in a good way. 

I'm absolutely happy for Janet. 

It's just a shame that the silence, postponements, and cancellations have occurred, because a lot of people don't seem to be happy to hear this news. All they're concerned about are the shows being canceled or a music video and all they can bring up are low ticket sales.

There's more to life than concerts and I'm sorry that you didn't get to see the tour (I SINCERELY have faith that she'll be on stage again down the road) or the promo that you wanted, but how much more do you want from Janet?

She's given us a lot. It hasn't been perfect in the last decade, but I'm always going to have love for her and wish her the best in health and happiness, which comes first before her career.

Why are you asking people what more do they want.  I hear what you are saying but if there is more to life than touring don't make a comeback.  Go live life.  She is the one who told us this was a new movement, new this new that,  then to bail in the middle of it and wonder why some are upset.  At the end of the day she should just be honest just for once.  I think that would have went over better than all of these cancellations and illnesses.  She doesn't want to do this anymore and that's fine but just say it.  Don't have Kathy tweet out nonsense about holding on to our tickets when you know damn well you aren't touring and we wont be seeing you anytime soon.  She has given a lot yes but we have given a lot too. 

• Upvote 1

I think a lot has been going on with her since she announced her comeback.  She is not the same and it is not in a good way. 

Why are you asking people what more do they want.  I hear what you are saying but if there is more to life than touring don't make a comeback.  Go live life.  She is the one who told us this was a new movement, new this new that,  then to bail in the middle of it and wonder why some are upset.  At the end of the day she should just be honest just for once.  I think that would have went over better than all of these cancellations and illnesses.  She doesn't want to do this anymore and that's fine but just say it.  Don't have Kathy tweet out nonsense about holding on to our tickets when you know damn well you aren't touring and we wont be seeing you anytime soon.  She has given a lot yes but we have given a lot too. 

I wrote what I wrote...and I'm not changing it. *hugs* <3

To me, it sounds like she herself may be carrying the baby but I could be wrong. If she is, I really don't think it's anyone's place to dictate what her physical state should be while pregnant and if she can perform or not. Personally, as a woman who has never been pregnant, I find that very off putting. Speculate the other stuff but don't get into critiquing a woman's body like that, please. 

• Upvote 12

To me, it sounds like she herself may be carrying the baby but I could be wrong. If she is, I really don't think it's anyone's place to dictate what her physical state should be while pregnant and if she can perform or not. Personally, as a woman who has never been pregnant, I find that very off putting. Speculate the other stuff but don't get into critiquing a woman's body like that, please. 

THE VOICE OF REASON, YAS HENNY!!!!

I get that people want answers to have closure and you're free to believe what you want, but the conspiracy theories aren't helpful and won't resolve anything. 

Happy for her.

However,  I wish she was more straightforward from the beginning of her intentions -- Like someone said, you just don't start "planning a family" in the middle of a world tour. Especially after many years of hiatus. Again, I'm glad she's going to be a mother. That's one lucky child.

• Upvote 1

Janet seriously needs to throw the tour in the trash, release it on DVD, and take care of herself now. The non-era, era is done and over with. She is a high risk. Her baby is the priority now! 

exactly 

she prob got artificially inseminated in December, which is why she had to cancel 

i wish her the best 

• Upvote 1

Perhaps her doctors told her shortly after the tour started that she can't wait any longer. Maybe the surgery was a woman issue and that's when it came up. 

I am gauging from the video that she is already pregnant and that's why she waited and has been quiet before officially saying anything. I hope it's true. 

I hope we atleast get some sort of footage of the tour in HD and we get the dammn baby video. 

Edited by Freexone1

if she is or isn't carrying a newborn can be very time consuming either way.... Janet still needs to rest 

ppl need to just be happy she released new music 

Happy for her.

However,  I wish she was more straightforward from the beginning of her intentions -- Like someone said, you just don't start "planning a family" in the middle of a world tour. Especially after many years of hiatus. Again, I'm glad she's going to be a mother. That's one lucky child.

Valid point. I think she started when she took time off to prepare for the planning. And maybe she was afraid of it not happening so she kept it vague but I do think she did some damage to herself with the secrecy. It's hard to maintain good will and trust when people can't understand what's going on. 

I really wanted to see her again in May but this is more important. So congrats to her. I honestly never thought she'd be a mom and maybe she thought the same thing too and a had a change of heart. 

Edited by Angela
Typo
  • Upvote 3

Happy for her.

you don't, but if she is carrying... Then it's never a sure thing that she'd make it through a full term, maybe this was when it finally happened for her. 

• Upvote 1