Janet & Wissam Having a Baby

J.

She doesn't hate promoting. That's silly speculation.. The budget didn't have room for it

She would still have 

Assuming is a dangerous Game

I didn't say she hated promoting...simply that she doesn't like it.. How can that be any less obvious at this point?

and you believe there was a budget for a full tour production, but there was none left to tell people about it?? ?

For the umpteenth time, it would cost almost zero dollars to have had her go on Ellen and promote the tour (and I'm not talking about performing).. And she would've made a return on her "investment" just from appearing.. Hard to believe a "budget" had anything to do with why there was zero promo..

her actions have spoken far louder than anything that's come from her lips.. No assumption required ?

• Upvote 3

I'm going to try and be brief as possible.  The timing from December through now makes sense to me.  Janet is probably about 3/4 months pregnant and she probably found out about it during December when she made the announcement about taking 3 months off.  The 3 months went by and Janet felt comfortable enough to do one last show at Dubai and had to cancel the shows. 

I'm sure Janet still felt hesitant to release the news as I'm sure there could have been doubt to announce the news as well as knowing that if the pregnancy took she would have to be on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy.  We just don't know what Janet was up against as far as her trying to conceive but I do know you can't plan it or cater it around a time frame....simple as that.

As far as whether Janet should have shared this with her fans is pretty ridiculous.  Women don't like announcing their pregnancies until after about 3 months cause a lot of complications can happen even with younger woman.  And as far as why she chose to go on tour if she was planning to have a baby we don't know how long Janet has been trying.  Janet was against having children for a while I think because she never found the right man and now she has. And maybe Janet realized she made a lot of sacrifices on having children over her career.

What really is bothering me is some of you dictating how Janet should have gone on about this...."Well she should have adopted......well she should have done this through a surrogote".....really people?  And worst of all suggesting that Janet is setting us up for a miscarriage is just cruel and ignorant.

I'm beyond happy for Janet......and I truly hopes that God will see this pregnancy through and that Janet will have a healthy baby with no complications. :wub:

• Upvote 8

watching the video again I kinda feel bad for her, as I said earlier, starting a family is a happy decision for them both and if she wants a child nobody can deny her that.

she asks that we "please understand" - she knows she's let us down big style this area - she says she will "continue the tour as soon as she possibly can" - which doesn't really tell us anything and she avoids telling us whether that will include Europe or not. 

I hope she does continue the tour at some point, after recording herself saying she will, if she doesn't, the backlash will be bigger than if she just say it's over. at least then people will know to move on.

Comon guys even if she will never continue the tour is not the end of the world. . .  Some of you seems obsessed with that tour. . .  Don't take it personal...

Just be happy for her and be positive. She's trying something that most of us want  (a family ).

I could do anything for my family even kill... we are all the same. so yeah she let the Unbreakable era on a side for the moment. 

And I understand 100%. ...

• Upvote 4

Comon guys even if she will never continue the tour is not the end of the world. . .  Some of you seems obsessed with that tour. . .  Don't take it personal...

Just be happy for her and be positive. She's trying something that most of us want  (a family ).

I could do anything for my family even kill... we are all the same. so yeah she let the Unbreakable era on a side for the moment

And I understand 100%. ...

Don't kid yourself. It's over.

she is superior to him so the kid should have her name. 

also interesting to know is whether the child will be raised in Dubai as a muslim, and whether she will turn her back on her own cultural background in the U.S in favour of her husbands.

• Downvote 2

also interesting to know is whether the child will be raised in Dubai as a muslim, and whether she will turn her back on her own cultural background in the U.S in favour of her husbands.

I don't have an issue if she raises Muslim but if they get into it and things turn south and that kid is not US or European born she will lose custody. If she divorces him over there the child will be his with full custody over there. Look up the not without my daughter movie.  Things started off cool at first but once he got around his family in a more strict environment shit changed.  

I don't have an issue if she raises Muslim but if they get into it and things turn south and that kid is not US or European born she will lose custody. If she divorces him over there the child will be his with full custody over there. Look up the not without my daughter movie.  Things started off cool at first but once he got around his family in a more strict environment shit changed.  

:mellow:

See this is what irks me, ans why I like Janet to keep her personal life private, and also why I don't give a shit about interviews. People are already speculating about the child's last name, religious status, and trying to dictate what Janet should do. If she wants to take the risk of natural birth, then so be it. She's a grown ass woman, she's not stupid, and has the means to do so. I actually prefer for Janet to forget about the damned tour, and be happy with her family. If she decides to continue with her tour, good for her. (I will not buy another ticket). If she retires, which I believe she will, I will be ok with that also. This is a child we're talking about. This changes everything. Her child comes first.

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 11

WTF?!

That's sort of what I mean, whether she raises the child as muslim or not doesn't really matter too much, though I think he/she should certainly be brought up familiar with janet's cultural background and have a good knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Will the child become a U.S citizen like his or her mother? 

I get the feeling that Janet becomes very influenced by the man she is with at the time, and I hope she doesn't turn her back on her U.S roots, like you say, all power of custody would go to him in their current country of residence.

I feel sad. This should be the happy news for all janet fans. We've followed her all these years and now finally she could be giving birth to not an album but a child. THIS SHOULD BE THE HAPPIEST TIME OF ANY FOR A JANET FAN!!

Instead with the circumstances it doesn't feel celebrated. I guess janet was stuck in a hard place as to how to handle it. 

• Upvote 1

Please...

• Upvote 1

That's sort of what I mean, whether she raises the child as muslim or not doesn't really matter too much, though I think he/she should certainly be brought up familiar with janet's cultural background and have a good knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Will the child become a U.S citizen like his or her mother? 

I get the feeling that Janet becomes very influenced by the man she is with at the time, and I hope she doesn't turn her back on her U.S roots, like you say, all power of custody would go to him in their current country of residence.

defo get that vibe

Well her US roots are scarier than anything else.  They are probably plotting right now on how to get in on the jackpot. She is very co dependant but having a child will change that.  She will become a protector and whatever influence he has if any will be muted.  

Please...

That's truth though.  Check out the Taken from Me movie with Taraji P henson.