Janet & Wissam Having a Baby

J.

Ok so I'll pose the same question that I asked on FB to people complaining and talking about business commitments. Say you're working for a company that you started with before your girl got pregnant, where the company is paying you wages, giving you vacation, and you in turn provide labor. A few months go by and a blessing comes along where you(r) girl gets pregnant. Congrats! At that point, the company you work for HAS to give you maternity/paternity leave by law. Now that company is stuck with one less worker, less productivity, less money. They've basically lost a lot more money on you for 1-2 months. My question is how would you react if that company said, "you should've thought about having kids before you came to work here"? #crickets #hypocrites Exactly!! 

#Edit...I know the law doesn't apply to Janet but the analogy does so don't come at me about that.

This is a world tour not a company. 2 different things. Janet ain't working no 9-5 job like most of us. She shouldn't of started a tour if she wasn't gonna finish it plain and simple. She's been gone for 7yrs. She couldn't plan a family in those 7yrs? She just had to do it right after going on tour? That don't make sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Ok so I'll pose the same question that I asked on FB to people complaining and talking about business commitments. Say you're working for a company that you started with before your girl got pregnant, where the company is paying you wages, giving you vacation, and you in turn provide labor. A few months go by and a blessing comes along where you(r) girl gets pregnant. Congrats! At that point, the company you work for HAS to give you maternity/paternity leave by law. Now that company is stuck with one less worker, less productivity, less money. They've basically lost a lot more money on you for 1-2 months. My question is how would you react if that company said, "you should've thought about having kids before you came to work here"? #crickets #hypocrites Exactly!! 

#Edit...I know the law doesn't apply to Janet but the analogy does so don't come at me about that.

The problem here is that this project has been dormant since the beginning. People were hyped, and didn't expect it, because when Janet made her initial announcement, we were all stoked that Janet was coming back. She kept making occassional online "hey you guys" appearances to say nothing. Jimmy Jam was the only person who talked minimally anout the project. We didn't get any visuals. When we heard how great the album was, we became even more excited, then boom. No dance videos. Boom, no iheart performance, boom, postponed US tour, boom, postponed European tour, boom. An announcement that the video for Damn Baby was being shot. Then the excitement reignited, boom. The rest of the tour on hold, and supposedly postponed because Janet is pregnant. At this point, of course people are going to be pissed off. We didn't get much from Janet, other than a video for no sleep, and low quality clips for the Unbreakable tour. Everything remained a mystery, and not in a good way. People got disgusted, frustrated, and sick of it. The only thing now is, we're not sure what the fuck happened, but there is nothing we can do about it. Her family has to come first. I've accepted it. But people who still support her, need to understand why people are pissed. We have been left this entire era with guessing, speculation, rumors, and empty expectations. Just when you think things are going to pick up again, we get fucked over! You guys can't be gullible and expect most fans to be supportive, not be pissed, and be done with her. The rest of the tour, which I doubt is going to happen, is not going to be the same. Too many people want their refunds, and are done with it. I hope she just grants these refunds. If she wishes to continue, shea going to have to do things VERY difderently. Lets just consider it a finished era, and move on. Lets also just be happy that Janet is ging to have a baby. I really wish she would stop with the promises though. She's just setting people up for more dissapointment, loss of money, and respect for her. We cant change it now. She HAS to put her child first. 

• Upvote 3

The problem here is that this project has been dormant since the beginning. People were hyped, and didn't expect it, because when Janet made her initial announcement, we were all stoked that Janet was coming back. She kept making occassional online "hey you guys" appearances to say nothing. Jimmy Jam was the only person who talked minimally anout the project. We didn't get any visuals. When we heard how great the album was, we became even more excited, then boom. No dance videos. Boom, no iheart performance, boom, postponed US tour, boom, postponed European tour, boom. An announcement that the video for Damn Baby was being shot. Then the excitement reignited, boom. The rest of the tour on hold, and supposedly postponed because Janet is pregnant. At this point, of course people are going to be pissed off. We didn't get much from Janet, other than a video for no sleep, and low quality clips for the Unbreakable tour. Everything remained a mystery, and not in a good way. People got disgusted, frustrated, and sick of it. The only thing now is, we're not sure what the fuck happened, but there is nothing we can do about it. Her family has to come first. I've accepted it. But people who still support her, need to understand why people are pissed. We have been left this entire era with guessing, speculation, rumors, and empty expectations. Just when you think things are going to pick up again, we get fucked over! You guys can't be gullible and expect most fans to be supportive, not be pissed, and be done with her. The rest of the tour, which I doubt is going to happen, is not going to be the same. Too many people want their refunds, and are done with it. I hope she just grants these refunds. If she wishes to continue, shea going to have to do things VERY difderently. Lets just consider it a finished era, and move on. Lets also just be happy that Janet is ging to have a baby. I really wish she would stop with the promises though. She's just setting people up for more dissapointment, loss of money, and respect for her. We cant change it now. She HAS to put her child first. 

this is just too much damn tea!!!!

Alyssa Milano sticking up for Janet on THE VIEW while Raven is seething mad that she can't see her perform.  I'm so done with these crazy fans.  Raven bitch you didn't even pay for your tickets! A baby and a family precedes everything....a scheduled tour, a vacation, a movie role!  Be at peace my friends.  Janet understands that you are disappointed and you will get your refund.  Let's move on. 

• Upvote 5

Janet done messed up. Ain't nobody worried about seeing her on tour no more. This is the 3rd time she's cancelled before even starting the 2nd leg. Fans are pissed and some are no longer fans. You can't just keep playing with people like that. I still love Janet but I am extremely disappointed. The backlash she's getting from fans is her fault and no one else's. You don't start a tour if you don't plan on finishing it. 

Her mind is somewhere else. The 90's janet would NEVER.  She won't be able to do big tours anymore because of this cancellation. People are fed up not just fans. 

This is why i think that she is going to quit it (not officially) as soon as the baby arrives.

She is happy and that's all we gonna have to hold on to.

• Upvote 6

This is a world tour not a company. 2 different things. Janet ain't working no 9-5 job like most of us. She shouldn't of started a tour if she wasn't gonna finish it plain and simple. She's been gone for 7yrs. She couldn't plan a family in those 7yrs? She just had to do it right after going on tour? That don't make sense.

Life doesn't make sense most of the time. Janet knows it's her fault and a risk she had to take to have a child.  And when you say why didn't Janet have her child during her "7 Year Hiatus" that is just insensitive. Janet might not have been ready or was dealing with medical issues that we as fans don't need to know what the exact reason was. Janet could have had a baby on her own through a donor but you know what, it's not the same experience than having a baby with who you are married to and completely in love with. It's a beautiful thing and it's something that I wish I had in my future. 

• Upvote 4

Not the same.  Most women continue working their jobs once they tell their employer they are pregnant.  They complete their task and take maternity leave once the baby is due and after and in between for doctors appointment.  That is not the case here. We are the company in this case here. apparently according to Kathy Ireland they decided to get knocked up in December.  During that time we were still being told that the show was still going to go on, nothing was wrong, janet was better than ever.  Meanwhile they knew it was a possibility that this may happen and did not disclose that to us "the company"  Remember toni braxton did not disclose to "the company" when she was in Vegas that she had an illness that may require her to miss shows or cancel.  When she was forced to cancel due to that illness she was sued by her "company" for not being honest.  Now the fans "the company' are upset because we were not told the truth and were misled to think the shows were going to go on.   Again no one would have an issue with a person wanting to start a family but just do it, be honest about it from jump.  

Not the same.  Most women continue working their jobs once they tell their employer they are pregnant.  They complete their task and take maternity leave once the baby is due and after and in between for doctors appointment.  That is not the case here. We are the company in this case here. apparently according to Kathy Ireland they decided to get knocked up in December.  During that time we were still being told that the show was still going to go on, nothing was wrong, janet was better than ever.  Meanwhile they knew it was a possibility that this may happen and did not disclose that to us "the company"  Remember toni braxton did not disclose to "the company" when she was in Vegas that she had an illness that may require her to miss shows or cancel.  When she was forced to cancel due to that illness she was sued by her "company" for not being honest.  Now the fans "the company' are upset because we were not told the truth and were misled to think the shows were going to go on.   Again no one would have an issue with a person wanting to start a family but just do it, be honest about it from jump.  

Oh dear.  I didn't know we were the company.  Where's my money? :lmao: 

Her credibility as a touring act has been tremendously tarnished. She may never be able to do a successful large-scale tour again.

And this has by far been the worst era of her career, because it's mostly been her fault. At least the previous three eras were mostly the label/blacklisting, but this was ALL her. And she hasn't acknowledged the fans' disappointment in a meaningful way.

I love her and always will, but I'm through with her shenanigans. She needs to take care of her future child, retire and be happy with her family.

I honestly wasn't even mad when she said the tour was cancelled. I'm immune to the bullshit and lost interest in the concert. It wasn't worth the drama. Just give me my $150.

Edited by J.
  • Upvote 7

I'm super curious to know how she feels now, about a lot of her past work

Does she regret or distance herself from tracks such as "discipline" and the performances of it?  or overly sexual songs on damita jo? etc etc - because it certainly doesn't sit comfortably with the new, somewhat more conservative Janet who has doubtlessly been influenced by her time in the middle east.

Nothing wrong with that of course, but as her life and situation has changed, I'd love to know how she now feels about her previous choices and work.

Edited by all4U
  • Upvote 1

First of all, I never said it was the same. It's what you call an analogy. Look it up. As far as women working with their employer until 1 month before their due date, remember we're talking about Janet as an entertainer and performer who not only has to stand on her feet and dance, but also sing. So I think as far as physical strain, it's a lot worse for her. Who's to say that Janet is being deceitful? Do you know her? Have you talked to her? Do you know something we don't? If so, you're point may be valid. However, this is PURE speculation.

Oh dear.  I didn't know we were the company.  Where's my money? :lmao: 

My point exactly! What "company" do you know of that will ask that question? "Hey, you should've thought about having a baby before working for us. Where are the wages we paid you?" Come on people. Be reasonable!

• Upvote 2

Her credibility as a touring act has been tremendously tarnished. She may never be able to do a successful large-scale tour again.

And this has by far been the worst era of her career, because it's mostly been her fault. At least the previous three eras were mostly the label/blacklisting, but this was ALL her. And she hasn't acknowledged the fans' disappointment in a meaningful way.

I love her and always will, but I'm through with her shenanigans. She needs to take care of her future child, retire and be happy with her family.

I honestly wasn't even mad when she said the tour was cancelled. I'm immune to the bullshit and lost interest in the concert. It wasn't worth the drama. Just give me my $150.

I rreally think that Janet simply knew that this is going to be her last project, so she didn't give a shit about any outcomes. She really just did it her way. Janet's heart isnt in her art anymore. Its all business, and she's in a position where she can take risks, because she's not really going to lose much.

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 4

Janet, if you are reading this....I love you and I support you. Do what you feel is best for you! You have given your fans and the world so much. I know that life can throw you curve balls and you probably have had many. I want you to be happy. So do what will make you happy. Yes, the fans or disappointed....but they will get over it. Life is too short. Do what makes you happy!! I love you and I will always be a Stan!

Edited by BlackCat1989
  • Upvote 2

Janet, if you are reading this....I love you and I support. Do what you feel is best for you! You have given your fans and the world so much. I know that life can throw you curve balls and you probably have had many. I want you to be happy. So do what will make you happy. Yes, the fans or disappointed....but they will get over it. Life is too short. Do what makes you happy!! I love you and I will always be a Stan!

She's definitely not. -_- 

• Upvote 4

^^^^ couldn't agree more.  Her touring days are probably done.  If she ever wants to return to stage ya'll better get your tickets to see her in a Vegas residency. 

yuuuuup agree 100%!! I predict that she will no longer be touring after this... If she were to ever take the stage again, at this point, with this many cancellations and postponements (at some cities/venues this is the 3rd time with the last year!!), it will most definitely have to be Vegas..

who are we kidding?

shiiiit who is Janet kidding??

unfortuantely she's no longer able to fill large venues/arenas if it's not LA, NY or SF.. At least not without promotion..

At least we got one of her best albums ever, and i did get to see her in concert for the first (and only) time.. I'll await my refund for the concord date and bid miss Jackson farewell....

(unless she announces another tour, in that case I would still buy tickets :ph34r:)

• Upvote 1

I fear that this is it(pun intended).  I don't see her just leaving the baby to go back on tour. I have so many thoughts going on in my head. But they are all jumbled.

Right. Janet's lying IMO. 

• Upvote 1