Singles Rate: 2001 (Winner Announced!)

TwistedElegance™

I'm happy Lenny Kravitz got to the Top 20. Such a simple song but so charming.

Get the Party Started remains one of P!nk's worst singles and is the main reason I believe Linda Perry is overrated.

I love Lenny. Again is REALLY good. I agree: simple and charming. I'm a fan of "Get the party started," though. Not one of her best singles, but I remember liking the original and the Redman remix with the Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams" sample when it first came out. Shirley Bassey even has a nice (but different) take on it.

• Upvote 3

I love Lenny. Again is REALLY good. I agree: simple and charming. I'm a fan of "Get the party started," though. Not one of her best singles, but I remember liking the original and the Redman remix with the Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams" sample when it first came out. Shirley Bassey even has a nice (but different) take on it.

The Redman remix should have been the original!

• Upvote 2

The "Get The Party Started (Sweet Dreams Remix)" was...is...will ALWAYS be THE ILLEST remix of a Pink song, EVER! It was the last hurrah for my beloved 'R&B Pink' -_-:blush: I still think that her debut, "Can't Take Me Home" had some fantastic gems on it. The LP as a whole sounds very dated at this moment in time...but there are some songs that STILL get some burn from me. 

Vocally "Let Me Let You Know" and "Stop Falling" are quite possibly THE best vocals of Pink's career, IMO. Shit, a few more tracks off that album would make a "Pink's best vocals" list!

But this jibber jabber is meant for another thread lol.

Saddened by "Differences" departure. :( Good riddance to the original "Get The Party Started" :P

• Upvote 1

The "Get The Party Started (Sweet Dreams Remix)" was...is...will ALWAYS be THE ILLEST remix of a Pink song, EVER! It was the last hurrah for my beloved 'R&B Pink' -_-:blush: I still think that her debut, "Can't Take Me Home" had some fantastic gems on it. The LP as a whole sounds very dated at this moment in time...but there are some songs that STILL get some burn from me. 

Vocally "Let Me Let You Know" and "Stop Falling" are quite possibly THE best vocals of Pink's career, IMO. Shit, a few more tracks off that album would make a "Pink's best vocals" list!

But this jibber jabber is meant for another thread lol.

Saddened by "Differences" departure. :( Good riddance to the original "Get The Party Started" :P

Stop Falling is incredible.

• Upvote 1

I feel that "Don't Tell Me" could have lasted a bit longer. I like the song; it's probably the closest to country music I'll ever get.

As far as Madonna songs go, "Don't Tell Me" is easily one of my favorites from her. It would very easily make a top 10 list. I figured it would last longer as well. I love the slightly country vibe.

• Upvote 1