"Well Traveled" vs. "Curtains"

Kaleidoscope Eyes

Both tracks have been interpreted as farewell tracks, but now that theory has been debunked regarding Curtains since we saw the release of Unbreakable. I personally love Curtains and it has slowly become a top 10 Janet song for me. Those muffled horns, layered vocals etc. are just heavenly. Back in 08 the song used to get me so teary-eyed, because it was my freshman year of college and I had left all my old friends behind. 

Well Travelled is okay too but I usually skip it. I can see why some fans like it though maybe it grow on me in the coming years. 

I love them both. Curtains is sooooo sexy to me. It's one of the many Janet tracks on the :shifty: playlist for me. But between the two, I have to pick well traveled. I love that Janet wrote it; I love the slight nod to folk country; I love the lyrics, and the song just fits a lot of my feelings in life right now.

• Upvote 1

Curtains is a piece of turd melting in the sahara desert when compared to something as GOOD as Well Travelled. 

Never cared or even understood why some fans love Curtains so much. For me is just as barf indulging as Greatest X... But then again, every single slow "jam" on DC is really really BAD.

• Upvote 1

(1.) Curtains is a piece of turd melting in the sahara desert when compared to something as GOOD as Well Travelled. 

Never cared or even understood why some fans love Curtains so much. (2.) For me is just as barf indulging as Greatest X... But then again, (3.) every single slow "jam" on DC is really really BAD.

You just hurt my heart...3 times in 3 mere sentences. :o-_-

(1.) As previously stated, I dig "Curtains" a lot.

(2.) I LOVE "Greatest X" (which I know saying this yet again is akin to beating a dead horse). :lol:

(3.) You feel this way about "Can't B Good" ?!?!?!

You just hurt my heart...3 times in 3 mere sentences. :o-_-

(1.) As previously stated, I dig "Curtains" a lot.

(2.) I LOVE "Greatest X" (which I know saying this yet again is akin to beating a dead horse). :lol:

(3.) You feel this way about "Can't B Good" ?!?!?!

LMAO oops :lol: CBG is the only one ill give a meh but thats it -_- 

Well traveled by a looooooong mile.  It means something, is much better produced and much more of a vocal performance by Janet.  I get goosebumps every ime I hear it.  Just a great piece of music, honestly.

Curtains is just....bad.  Poorly sung and weak.  

• Upvote 2

Well traveled by a looooooong mile.  It means something, is much better produced and much more of a vocal performance by Janet.  I get goosebumps every ime I hear it.  Just a great piece of music, honestly.

Curtains is just....bad.  Poorly sung and weak.  

yeah, pretty much what i wanted to say but better worded :lol: 

Some parts of it remind me of wanderlust by Bjork.

Edited by Blue