For Colored Girls opens with $20.1M

Kim

Link :mellow:

Chile... :rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101107/ap_on_en_mo/us_box_office

Lionsgate hopes "For Colored Girls" will have staying power at the box office and broaden its audience, which was mostly older black women, with 87 percent of the crowd over 25.

"You always want the biggest opening you can get, but the reality is, older-skewing films don't open as big, simply because older audiences don't flock to cinemas over opening weekend," said David Spitz, head of distribution for Lionsgate.

Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Final figures will be released Monday.

1. "Megamind," $47.7 million.

2. "Due Date," $33.5 million.

3. "For Colored Girls," $20.1 million.

4. "Red," $8.9 million.

5. "Saw 3D," $8.2 million.

6. "Paranormal Activity 2," $7.3 million.

7. "Jackass 3D," $5.1 million.

8. "Hereafter," $4.02 million.

9. "Secretariat," $4 million.

10. "The Social Network," $3.6 million.

he's right these are only estimates, remember how excerise resien or something was predicted to be number 1 but takers actually beat it , I have a feeling that the actual averages are going to be higer cause for colored girls was tracking higer than that, so something is off.

they don't like for me to be right :lol: they always try to make it seem like I don't know what i'm talking about. :coffee: