Prince has passed away (age 57)

T.C

i cannot believe it, everybody is texting me out of the blue that he died. This is crazy...now we only have Janet Jackson and Madonna. 

I thought of you when I heard the news. 

I'm just in shock. A true musical genius in every sense. Wow. 

• Upvote 6

The shock hit me HARD, and for a hour it really really did, like the tears and having to actually SIT in it and be still with it....it hit, but it didn't last long ONLY because 'm dealing with the death of my grandfather who was THE male father figure all my life and like I'm in the early-middle stages of my entire life turning around in terms of my family.

BUT this mans music has been there for me for more yeas of my life than not, like I really grew into being such a fan in my early teen years and I just related to his freedom and expressions. A amazing man/artist, so I'm basically saying I'm feeling it with the rest of the Purple Nation, but it'd definitely be alot harder if not for my personal circumstances of the last month....I'm already kind of a wreck, and this definitely won't help really.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 3

its just so unbelievable this legend and genius is gone ...the cause of death still not determined. :unsure: and whats this about a plane incident?

There is now lots of talk about him dying from an overdose. This actually makes sense now, than the flu. Damn it to hell. Fucking drugs are taking our legends from us!

SMH too much death going on in this world. This has nothing to do with Prince but I saw this #RIPAmy trending right above #PrinceRIP

Fight in Delaware HS bathroom kills 16-year-old girl

Published April 21, 2016 

delaware hs 421

(Google Street View)

A 16-year-old sophomore died Thursday following a fight in a Delaware high school girl's restroom, city officials said.

The fight involved multiple people at Howard High School of Technology, said Alexandra Coppadge, a spokeswoman for Wilmington Mayor Dennis Williams.

Officers were called to the school as students were arriving for the day and the girl was flown to A.I. DuPont Children's Hospital in critical condition, police spokeswoman Sgt. Andrea Janvier said. She said police were expected to be at the school for several hours.

News media outlets quoted Police Chief Bobby Cummings as saying that two female students were taken to police headquarters for questioning. Howard isn't known as a violent school and Cummings said he did not know of any other problems in recent days.

"My heart bleeds for the family," Mayor Dennis Williams told a news conference.

State agencies will help provide support for those affected by the tragedy, Gov. Jack Markell said in a statement.

Students at the school were dismissed Thursday and officials had not determined yet whether classes would be held Friday, media outlets reported.

A mayoral debate on public safety scheduled to take place at the school Thursday night has been canceled.

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Downvote 1