Prince has passed away (age 57)

T.C

I loathe "Betcha by Golly Wow" but I'm actually really fond of Emancipation. It's largely inessential but it's a solid listen and has a lot of overlooked gems. "Jam of the Year", "Somebody's Somebody" and "Courtin' Time" come to mind; and that's only the first disc.

• Upvote 1

He has no will :mellow:

That is just ugh.  I mean I know he wasnt currently married or had living children.  But damn.  You have no say in where you want your legacy to go or who gets your coins?  In this day and age its silly to not have a living will.  If you have ANY assets or possessions you should have measures in place to make sure who you wan gets them does.

He has a full sister and like 5 half siblings and now the fight is on cause he gave no direction.  Its like they just won the lottery and he may have hated one or more of them we dont know.  his songs might end up on Mc Donald's commercials even though he never would have allowed it in life.

Emancipation, although incredibly long-winded, has some brilliant songs. His version of Betcha By Golly Wow is beautiful.

I'm intrigued that he made each of the 3 discs exactly an hour long. Ultimately I plan to listen to the whole thing, but have yet to set aside enough time lol.

The ending of Night does recall "Sexy Dancer" and maybe Prince could make a case but I don't think it's a direct sample.

it's a sample non the less 

I KNOW there is no sample in ANY song in Unbreakable. Samples HAVE TO BE LISTED. They MUST BE listed in the booklet NO MATTER WHAT. 

Not everyone knows every Prince song and even if that were true, JANET JACKSON WOULD HAVE TO ADD PRINCE's NAME TO HER ALBUM BOOKLET 

I'm not understanding what you don't understand by that 

Proof Janet didn't Sample Prince: is on the ASCAPs website

I am a member of ASCAP.  Show me the proof. You still have not produced anything that says it is mandatory for names to be listed in the booklet.  Bizzy bone did not list Prince on thugs cry in his cd book. He listed the recording studio. That's obviously a prince sample he used 

Edited by DasSad

That is just ugh.  I mean I know he wasnt currently married or had living children.  But damn.  You have no say in where you want your legacy to go or who gets your coins?  In this day and age its silly to not have a living will.  If you have ANY assets or possessions you should have measures in place to make sure who you wan gets them does.

He has a full sister and like 5 half siblings and now the fight is on cause he gave no direction.  Its like they just won the lottery and he may have hated one or more of them we dont know.  his songs might end up on Mc Donald's commercials even though he never would have allowed it in life.

he has a crap load of half brothers and sisters and one full blooded living sister and they are all making a claim for his money so :sigh:

I usually skip it because I have no desire to go through 36 songs jonny_zpsc73391c5.png

It's taxing but ultimately worth it.

I loathe "Betcha by Golly Wow" but I'm actually really fond of Emancipation. It's largely inessential but it's a solid listen and has a lot of overlooked gems. "Jam of the Year", "Somebody's Somebody" and "Courtin' Time" come to mind; and that's only the first disc.

:o But it's so dreamy. -_-:lol:

I'm intrigued that he made each of the 3 discs exactly an hour long. Ultimately I plan to listen to the whole thing, but have yet to set aside enough time lol.

Start with the covers from it and ease your way in. :lol:

Semi-shade but Emancipation is really not the kind of album that requires your full and undivided attention while you listen to it. Just let it play in the background and enjoy whatever sounds good to you and forget what doesn't; the time will fly.

But anyway, "She's Always in My Hair" :wub: 

• Upvote 1

Prince's Betcha By Golly Wow is my favorite rendition of that song (and I done heard a many).

Today I started listening to his sister Tyka's work...............her voice is very Janet related....like WOW, she gives me JJ&DS vocals, like I can dig her, it's kinda cute sis lol. She got some jams on the 1st album (it's as far as I got), I feel like she has the Rebbie effect where she had potential if she was with the right people, but apparantly she tried to be Janet (in she wanted NO help from Prince or his people, she wanted her own name and fame) and it didn't work for her, but she got bops though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWfIaVCl8t4

Now there are reports he died from AIDS after being diagnosed six months ago. It's nothing more than unidentified sources at this stage though.

I read that too, waiting on the autopsy report which they said would take a few weeks or so....the article on HIV said he refused to take meds .,,I dont know about all that though at all

The Vault has been opened!!! :o

Prince’s Vault Containing ‘Hundreds’ of Unreleased Songs Reportedly Drilled Open

April 29, 2016

RT_Prince_MEM_160429_31x13_1600

A vault that’s long be said to hold unreleased Prince music was drilled open at his home, according to ABC News.

via ABC:

Bremer Trust, the St. Cloud, Minnesota, company given temporary authority over Prince’s estate, opened the vault to which only Prince had the code, KSTP-TV added.

Previously, Prince spoke openly about his treasure trove of music on “The View.”

“One day, someone will release them. I don’t know that I’ll get to release them,” he said back in 2012. “There’s just so many.”

The seven-time Grammy Award winner reportedly left behind a vault containing so much music his estate could put out an album a year for the next century.

“We could put out more work in a month than most people could do in a year or more,” Susan Rogers, Prince’s former recording engineer, told ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

Rogers added that the vault in Prince’s Paisley Park home was a giant room with shelves that filled up quickly. The door to the vault was sealed with a large spinning wheel.

http://www.lovebscott.com/news/princes-vault-containing-hundreds-of-unreleased-songs-reportedly-drilled-open