Prince has passed away (age 57)

T.C

For some reason, him not having a will doesnt shock me like everyone else only becus I could see Prince being like "yall fight and have it out over my money if you want it. Its no longer my money once Im not here so let the games begin and let the best man win" :lol:  I truly can see him disattaching himself from what he knows he cant take with him.. 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 4

For some reason, him not having a will doesnt shock me like everyone else only becus I could see Prince being like "yall fight and have it out over my money if you want it. Its no longer my money once Im not here so let the games begin and let the best man win" :lol:  I truly can see him disattaching himself from what he knows he cant take with him.. 

You get a plus foe dat, because I thought about it and with it being Prince, I can sooooo see him thinking exactly that, what difference does it make? BUT one thing though he was big on giving to charity I would think he would have wanted to leave some for that

• Upvote 1

his estate needs proper protection if his vault has been compromised thats a shame....this soon :sigh:

A will would've stopped that, but with him not having 1 and saying before that he expects someone else to release the stuff in there, I think he knew this was all coming.

• 2 weeks later...

Madonna Will Pay Tribute to Prince at Billboard Music Awards

The Queen of Pop will pay homage to another member of music royalty, Prince, at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards

Organizers on Wednesday announced Madonna's participation in what promises to be one of the highlights of this year's BBMAs. The legendary pop singer will pay tribute to her good friend and fellow artist, who unexpectedly passed away April 21 at age 57. Details on her tribute to the late music great remain a closely guarded secret.

There's no mystery surrounding the lineup of performers on the night. The likes of Justin Bieber, Celine Dion, DNCE, Fifth Harmony, The Go-Go's, Demi Lovato, Shawn Mendes, Pink, Britney Spears and Troye Sivan will take the stage, and a collaboration is confirmed with Nick Jonas and Tove Lo. Celine Dion will be on hand to receive the ICON Award. 

The Weeknd is shaping to have a big BBMAs weekend. The Canadian hitmaker is a finalist 19 times in 16 categories.

This year's ceremony will air live on ABC at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on Sunday, May 22, from TMobile Arena in Las Vegas. It'll be hosted by BBMA vet Ludacris and first-time host Ciara and produced by dick clark productions.

why does she insist on paying tribute to men who didn't give two fucks about her ? :sigh: Im just over her desperate attempts for attention

I agree.. But I think she's doing it because the majority of the public feel like Mike, Prince and Madonna defined the 80's music landscape.. And in a lot of way they did, but still it doesn't feel right imo..

• Upvote 1

I agree.. But I think she's doing it because the majority of the public feel like Mike, Prince and Madonna defined the 80's music landscape.. And in a lot of way they did, but still it doesn't feel right imo..

she's doing it to continue interjecting her image and presence from the 80s as a legitimate musical artist that offered genius when she really didn't, she was just a white chick with some hit tunes...OVERRATED

• Upvote 4

Madonna sees an opportunity.. She will ruin it 

And that she truly will do, poor Prince :(

where's The Time? hell if it's this generation give me Bruno Mars

WHERE HIS LIL ASS AT?!?!!? Him,Jeanelle, & Miguel need to push her old ass out the wheel chair and go the FUCK OFF, with Morris, Stevie Wonder, Chaka Khan, Patti, Sheila E, Wendy & Lisa,  Dr. Fink and Rosie Gaines, and you have probably the most epic musical tribute we're likely to have ever seen.

Hell let that be the entire show really.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

Madonna brings in the highest ratings which is probably why they chose her (plus her being an 80's artist). Other people who I think could have done something well are Lenny Kravtiz and Janelle Monae.

I think that is what billboard thinks but the show is going to flop with Ciara and Ludacris hosting.  No one is going to stay up that long to watch Madonna destroy Prince's hits.  Hard to believe but the only award show that matters these days is the BET awards.   I am surprised more people did not drag the hell out of Linda Perry.  She is trying to back track now but she said the Time, Chaka and Sheila E are not relevant enough to perform.  I did not know you had to be on the charts to do a tribute.  She should know that Madonna is not on the charts either