Janet; Please don't go.

Jodienda76

All these young artists dying at such a young age, and my coworker who just passed three days ago after a year long battle qith cancer, age 34; is making me extremely anxious. They are all going in their 50's and Janet will be turning 50.

JANET DAMITA JO JACKSON PLEASE DONT DIE. IF YOU DIE, ILL FUCKING KILL YOU!!!!

• Upvote 4

To be honest,  that's a concern I have too, like this happened so quick and quietly (same for MJ).....Im saying, when she cancels anything for health concerns, I'm not not doubting it and making fun of it because she's my fave, I am because YOU DON'T NOW, it can be so over for her so fast, while people fighting over petty shit, newsflash when the time comes, we're gonna get a whole lot of shit that frankly I'd rather keep waiting for than to go through what I went through with MJ & Whitney and what I'm going through right now with Prince. I so heavily value that she is alive and well. Life's too serious to be tripping over the materials really. We REALLY don't know how long we'll have her, or how long we'll be here our damn selves.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 11

And this is exactly why I wasn't at all mad at Janet for her recent postponements. It sadden me so bad to come to this site and to see so many of her so called fans going in on her as if she owes any of us anything. Prince was sick and was still out here preforming...and now he's dead. So yeah Janet take your time and take care of yourself. Now that MJ, Whitney, and Prince are gone. Janet and Madonna are the last of the huge 80's Icons. I hope some you on this forum appreciate Janet much more after this. Life is too short! Rip Prince....I can't believe I just typed that.

Edited by BlackCat1989
  • Upvote 8

And this is exactly why I wasn't at all mad at Janet for her recent postponements. It sadden me so bad to come to this site and to see so many of her so called fans going in on her as if she owes any of us anything. Prince was sick and was still out here preforming...and now he's dead. So yeah Janet take your time and take care of yourself. Now that MJ, Whitney, and Prince are gone. Janet and Madonna are the last of the huge 80's Icons. I hope some you all on the forum appreciate Janet much more after this. Life is too short! Rip Prince....I can't believe I just typed that.

HOLY SHIT THAT'S TRUE................ I need to lay down

• Upvote 1

What the fuck ddoes that have to do with anything? :huh:

That you should be grateful that she's still here instead crying over spilled milk, cus its rather small in comparison to losing her. Other fans are losing their favs Yearly. Ours is still here. 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I just can't with so much of her biggest and baddest competition on the charts, and the radio and with the tours and with the awards and performances......are just dead...

well u said it best, we never know when, my deal though is like how young they went, I mean 57 is pretty young, my dad retired at 54 and is living well off his investments, its just unspeakable to think of death at 50, 57 and before that ....those 80's greats, the ones that still get air play to this very day, GONE :(

• Upvote 1

And this is exactly why I wasn't at all mad at Janet for her recent postponements. It sadden me so bad to come to this site and to see so many of her so called fans going in on her as if she owes any of us anything. Prince was sick and was still out here preforming...and now he's dead. So yeah Janet take your time and take care of yourself. Now that MJ, Whitney, and Prince are gone. Janet and Madonna are the last of the huge 80's Icons. I hope some you on this forum appreciate Janet much more after this. Life is too short! Rip Prince....I can't believe I just typed that.

Don't forget The Boss aka Brice Springsteen!!! He just did a 3-hour show last week! Still amazing as always!

but really tho, when Janet's time comes, I hope she has her will and estate executors set in place much better than MJ did.. The only positive I can predict coming out of that scenario would be that she would finally be truly recognized as the innovator and legend she truly is.. Her sales would skyrocket, her music would get played around the world like Mike's did when he died.. And maybe we would get those HD tours released finally.. But if it means we can only get those after she passes, then I'm content to wait a LOT longer for them...

• Upvote 3

well u said it best, we never know when, my deal though is like how young they went, I mean 57 is pretty young, my dad retired at 54 and is living well off his investments, its just unspeakable to think of death at 50, 57 and before that ....those 80's greats, the ones that still get air play to this very day, GONE :(

RIGHT, that's trippy too that Tina, Gladys, Dionne, Aretha, Patti, Diana, Elton, all these artist in the generation AHEAD of MJ, Prince, & Whit....are living long lives, like yea we're losing them too, but not at this rate, like.....I hate that

That you should be grateful that she's still here instead crying over spilled milk, cus its rather small in comparison to losing her. Other fans are losing their favs Yearly. Ours is still here. 

We have lost her just not physically.   She hasn't been here in awhile.  But like Prince said about Michael we just have to wait it out we all have to come home some day so lets just wait and make a home for her.  This business is evil AF and she found her a protector from it.   My views on this era still stand though even more with the passing of Prince.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't forget The Boss aka Brice Springsteen!!! He just did a 3-hour show last week! Still amazing as always!

but really tho, when Janet's time comes, I hope she has her will and estate executors set in place much better than MJ did.. The only positive I can predict coming out of that scenario would be that she would finally be truly recognized as the innovator and legend she truly is.. Her sales would skyrocket, her music would get played around the world like Mike's did when he died.. And maybe we would get those HD tours released finally.. But if it means we can only get those after she passes, then I'm content to wait a LOT longer for them...

That's my challenge when a fave dies, there's alot of goodies you're going to get in many ways, but.....the price you pay is that they aren't here to share in these releases, to give more commentary on things, and so rarely (as in both Michael & Whitney for me personally) is what comes out after their death REALLY worth not waiting for decades longer while they're here

• Upvote 3

That's my challenge when a fave dies, there's alot of goodies you're going to get in many ways, but.....the price you pay is that they aren't here to share in these releases, to give more commentary on things, and so rarely (as in both Michael & Whitney for me personally) is what comes out after their death REALLY worth not waiting for decades longer while they're here

Prince will be different he was a musician, and he was prolific in making music, he's probably got an entire vault of music never heard, more than any other artist that has passed

No probably about it, he's confirmed it, music, music videos, video albums, professionally shot tours, live albums, photoshoots, etc. etc. ETC. But like I just said on Facebook, He beat all our faves, because whoever your #1 is, you want endless albums and videos to last forever and spend tons of time on........this muthafunka got 38 studio albums(/Official releases), 4 live albums, several compilations with new material, 12 EP's, and around 140 official music videos..........I'd  give one of my nuts for Janet's catalog to be that thick, hits or flops or not, I love a big discography, and most of those 38 albums are really good, great even.

• Upvote 5

No probably about it, he's confirmed it, music, music videos, video albums, professionally shot tours, live albums, photoshoots, etc. etc. ETC. But like I just said on Facebook, He beat all our faves, because whoever your #1 is, you want endless albums and videos to last forever and spend tons of time on........this muthafunka got 38 studio albums(/Official releases), 4 live albums, several compilations with new material, 12 EP's, and around 140 official music videos..........I'd  give one of my nuts for Janet's catalog to be that thick, hits or flops or not, I love a big discography, and most of those 38 albums are really good, great even.

and then there's the question of his estate and how he may have set that up, because he has no heirs no wife no kids ...that will probably be interesting to see how it plays out

Prince is the one artist that I will acknowledge is better than my faves even if I don't stan for him as hard(still a big fan but it's a little harder to follow when you have 30+ albums and tbh his commercial peak was in the early 90s) 

He's like Stevie Wonder where he can make an album playing 10 different instruments and write, arrange the music. 

I think the only people happy about his demise are Warner Brothers but I think Prince was very protective of his music while alive so I"m sure he has a good executor.