Janet; Please don't go.

Jodienda76

I wholeheartedly think Janet knew what she was going to do going into that performance. It was going to be the big BANG for her show & had it gone as planned people would have brushed over it & maybe even praised her some for the shock value & it still be seemingly tasteful because it was so brief and the nipple was covered. 

I think everyone involved knew it was going to happen, but the backlash was done to use her as a pawn. Janet's face only went that way because it was a part of the act. I'm going to try and find those HD pix, there is literally no tear from her bra. She had nothing there but titty & buttons. 

I think Janet did not sell out, because she has a level of dignity & pride. I think she knew what the powers that be were at & was like fuck that, they're not going to break me down to beg them. Also, It was very political as well. But that's not the first time we've seen Janet's titty. She had been easing it out since the opening of the all for you tour with her running through the jungle & waterfall. 

The thing is to me it DIDNT seem like that type of thing Janet would do intentionally, at all. Not at an event like that. The A4U tour opening was completely different. Its not necessarily what you do, its the context u do it in. And having somebody whip her breast out is not something id have thought she'd do, even at her own concert with her fans. She was always in control in those performances. She has never been a media whore or relied on  tricks prior to that to gain attention for an album. A4U had been a success, why start then? Had she ever chased sales before? NA not buying it...

As far as im concerned, she was clearly shocked at the end of the performance. Whether she was a "willing" participant in the performance  is my thing. But the whole show was very much a "ritual", as the subsequent shows have been. They happen all the time in the industry.

Edited by vibeology
  • Upvote 1

The thing is to me it DIDNT seem like that type of thing Janet would do intentionally, at all. Not at an event like that. The A4U tour opening was completely different. Its not necessarily what you do, its the context u do it in. And having somebody whip her breast out is not something id have thought she'd do, even at her own concert with her fans. She was always in control in those performances. She has never been a media whore or relied on  tricks prior to that to gain attention for an album. A4U had been a success, why start then? She thought doing THAT would help promote her album? Na, not buying it...

As far as im concerned, she was clearly shocked at the end of the performance. Whether she was a "willing" participant in the performance, i dont know. But the whole show was very much a "ritual", as the subsequent shows have been. They happen all the time in the industry.

All I can say is look at the pictures. Where is the supposed fabric? Why was it such a clean tear but there is no signs of fabric at all? Why is it perfectly aligned under her breast with no support around it? He would have damn near yanked her ring off as hard as he would have had to pull in order to pull an entire bra covering off. It's literally just a buttoned hoster. 

All I can say is look at the pictures. Where is the supposed fabric? Why was it such a clean tear but there is no signs of fabric at all? Why is it perfectly aligned under her breast with no support around it? He would have damn near yanked her ring off as hard as he would have had to pull in order to pull an entire bra covering off. It's literally just a buttoned hoster. 

Not disputing that...just wonder how much "choice" she had in the matter.

Lol, after the huge disappointment of the unbreakable era, this sad desperate kind of thread is literally all that is left.

posting a flop thread asking / demanding for someone not to die? What the fuck.- like ny of us have control over it.

this flop thread is a sign of the direction this forum is going in, coz Janet ain't coming back.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT IN THIS THREAD? And All4U. Why dont you take your pathetic ass, click log off, and get the fuck out of this forum? The only attention seeking, flop here is you! Good fucking bye!

Anywho, are we really talking about the SB incident again? :blink:

• Upvote 1

WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT IN THIS THREAD? And All4U. Why dont you take your pathetic ass, click log off, and get the fuck out of this forum? The only attention seeking, flop here is you! Good fucking bye!

Yep thats my bad. Kinda wish i had...

MTV knew about it.  They even had a commercial that they played before the Super Bowl saying something like "And wait until you see the revealing/shocking performance by Janet".....next day there was no existence of the commercial.  I don't have a receipt for it but MTV definitely hinted at something "shocking" that would happen in Janet's performance. Janet didn't say MTV knew about it for business purposes which is why with the release of 20 Y.O. MTV finally came around and gave Janet a 2nd chance by letting her do promo on their network.  Janet herself went to MTV and made sure they would promote the album....the record company didn't fix the relationship with MTV, Janet did. 

MTV obviously thought "Well Janet kept her part of the bargain by not blowing the whistle on us so let's help her out with this new album".  

MTV isn't that dumb. Their advisement was vague 

Thst was Discipline.. Not 20 that Mtv welcomed Janet back 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nonetheless if it's hard for you to believe or "conspiracy" is a more comfortable word for you I respect that. 

Also, absolutely Janet will lie to Oprah. She did it for her marriage in an effort to protect her privacy and career image...she would do it for her career again when it's on the line. If Janet came out and said, yes I exposed my breast on purpose that would have tanked her, especially after having been thrown out in front of the backlash to stand by herself. Damn that shit Janet claims was supposed to happen. That's the clean up story. Exactly what happen is what was supposed to happen. It was going to be lights out enough to make people wonder if they saw it & then boom that's it. I remember seeing it clear as day, and yelling that was her titty! Nonetheless, it doesn't make Janet a sell out to do PR clean up, it makes her a sell out to bow to the powers that be for a check & industry "forgiveness". MTV is a network that's known for the raunch they weren't morally opposed to the stunt it just backfired. HD pictures prove Janet had no such intention for a red bra to cover her tit. It's just not there. 

Conspiracy Theory <<< truth

Janet still suffered a backlash

you've got a bad attitude. If this forum makes you so emotional I suggest you fucking log off

Look at the first picture where the button is becoming undone, where is the red bra? Or even the beginning of the tears...or fabric for it on that side of the titty? The buttons are perfectly places to be snatched off. That was not a last minute detail. Look at the other pictures after it comes off...it's a perfect rip. Literally perfect. Where is the fabric that was supposedly torn off? It's nowhere to be found. It's a clean rip?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

ansolutely agree with everything you're saying.. In fact I think I posted a few of those pics a couple weeks ago.. Good luck trying to convince anyone on here though.. Most folks on here literally think that was a complete accident somehow.. Oy vey!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ansolutely agree with everything you're saying.. In fact I think I posted a few of those pics a couple weeks ago.. Good luck trying to convince anyone on here though.. Most folks on here literally think that was a complete accident somehow.. Oy vey!

Yea I see that, and I don't think most fans want to believe she played the part in her own downfall. But the issue is not what she did in my opinion it's how they responded. Janet since the VR has had some reference to her breast & whenever people would respond negatively about it she would always brush it off like, "a breast"?! I remember specifically there being a behind the scenes of the VR tour where some article wrote about her breast/piercing on one of the covers and she said "Yea those people have no lives...honestly, a breast?!" And she continued to push that envelope...shit all the way back to the iconic Rolling Stones cover. Her breast had been a centerpiece. She was team #FreeTheNipple while most of this generation was still sucking one. 

She knew what she was doing, she didn't expect or deserve the response. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well, since this turned into another SB non incident, "incident." I am 100% team Janet as far as the SB. I wish Janet would have used the "backlash" to her advantage, annd became a total cunt about it. She should have told the US, and the rest of the hypocritical, puritan, assholes to suck both her tits, and get the fuck over it. She opted to avoid questions about it. It was just a fucking boob!

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 2

There was nothing to fix. 

Bitter, lonely people are mad bc Janet decided to put her needs in front of theirs. 

Starting a family > finishing a tour

Easy with the insults..

Im actually pleased she's becoming a mother (along with her best album in at least 15 years), so I don't know what you're talking about. 

Regardless of the family news,this disoganized, half-hearted incoherent era showed she wasn't "listening". Missed opportunities and self-sabotage were the main takeaways, not Unbreakable.

• Upvote 2

Yea I see that, and I don't think most fans want to believe she played the part in her own downfall. But the issue is not what she did in my opinion it's how they responded. Janet since the VR has had some reference to her breast & whenever people would respond negatively about it she would always brush it off like, "a breast"?! I remember specifically there being a behind the scenes of the VR tour where some article wrote about her breast/piercing on one of the covers and she said "Yea those people have no lives...honestly, a breast?!" And she continued to push that envelope...shit all the way back to the iconic Rolling Stones cover. Her breast had been a centerpiece. She was team #FreeTheNipple while most of this generation was still sucking one. 

She knew what she was doing, she didn't expect or deserve the response. 

my point in bringing up the SB a couple weeks back is to show her history of "non-truths"... In my eyes (and anyone else's with common sense) it clear as day that what transpired was always meant to transpire exactly the way it happened.. The backlash she received should've easily been predicted, but alas was not.. I still don't believe she deserved even half of the reaction that she got, but as a black woman with Dubya in the White House at the time, it should've been better thought out.. Who knows who is fully to blame, but the way I see it, Justin, Janet and Gil all fucked up Janet's career almost to the point of no return.. It astounds me still that she bounced back to hard since Discipline started mending her professional bridges, but she still let Unbreakable sink faster than the Titanic.. I think the moral of story (as has been spoken before over and over) is that Janet no longer has that ambition that she once had in the 1990's and early 2000's.. It's hard to accept but understandable at the same time..

• Upvote 2

Easy with the insults..

Im actually pleased she's becoming a mother (along with her best album in at least 15 years), so I don't know what you're talking about. 

Regardless of the family news,this disoganized, half-hearted incoherent era showed she wasn't "listening". Missed opportunities and self-sabotage were the main takeaways, not Unbreakable.

I didn't name names so if you're insulted by what I said then that's on you

There were no missed opportunities.. Just delusional expectations from fans who are use to multi-million dollar eras 

Edited by Game