2 B Loved x Take Me Away

Kaleidoscope Eyes

Honestly when the album first dropped I considered both songs to be filler. Now they're both my favorite songs on Unbreakable. It's like that 1, 2 punch seeing as how both tracks are next to each other in sequence. It's bittersweet as well cause I'm going through a breakup and before me and my ex broke up I decicated 2 B Loved to him on V-day. 

Oooh I just wanna live in your heart and mind, be your everything combined...I WANT YOU TO NEED ME! share love with youuu til the end of time:(

• Upvote 1

I haven't played either lately.. Been stuck on Dammn Baby... 

Take Me Away is usually spun on sunny mornings driving to work.. I love the vibe it has.. I spin STCML before this song and they just have a good thing going 

2 B Loved is just so good... Too short though but I love the lyrics

Edited by Game

TMA does feel like pop, but I'm not crazy about the vocals during the verses. They feel choppy and a little weird to me. The chorus though is what makes the song to me. I used to skip it often but I do play it more now from time to time. 

2 B Loved is my shit, and it has a very dope bounce. I have had it on repeat a few times. 

• Upvote 1

TMA does feel like pop, but I'm not crazy about the vocals during the verses. They feel choppy and a little weird to me. The chorus though is what makes the song to me. I used to skip it often but I do play it more now from time to time. 

2 B Loved is my shit, and it has a very dope bounce. I have had it on repeat a few times. 

What might sound odd that I've told NOBODY, with TMA, the best part for me (though don't get it twisted I love the song entirely), but what makes it for me is the ad-libs the "WOO"s and my absolute favorite "........1 MORE!!!, WOOO!" Good verses, Great chorus, but that adlib is what I live for, I see/hear her on stage feeling the music on that and it's just perfect. Not to mention the guitar, bitch.....

• Upvote 1

What might sound odd that I've told NOBODY, with TMA, the best part for me (though don't get it twisted I love the song entirely), but what makes it for me is the ad-libs the "WOO"s and my absolute favorite "........1 MORE!!!, WOOO!" Good verses, Great chorus, but that adlib is what I live for, I see/hear her on stage feeling the music on that and it's just perfect. Not to mention the guitar, bitch.....

I like those adlibs too lol, ironically I felt like it was one of the first times in a long time that the "excited" adlibs did not sound forced. It actually sounded like she was feeling it. It's just the actual verses that kinda get to me, some times I like it but they can sound choppy & the words unclear or maybe even the tone. I love the chorus though, and even some times I can vibe with the verses they're just interesting. 

This basically.

2BL reminds me of Daybreak a little, which isnt a bad thing, just that vibe. TMA uplifts and by the end im jumping around the living room before collasping in a heap.

Really? how? :o 

I replaced 2 b Loved with Love U 4 Life on my iphone. I love that track ._. 

The production sounds similar...am i the only one :unsure:

really? They sound the opposite to me :lol: 

Edit: I don't really remember what 2bl sounds like anymore cuz ive only played it in full like 2 or 3 times. Gonna give it another listen and see if i can find similarities :lol: 

Edited by Blue

The bass line, the hand claps :unsure: similar at least. Daybreak is obviously more playful...i dunno, maybe its me.

I edited my post cuz other then the first 5 secs i don't really remember what 2BL sounds like :lol: I'll give it a few spins tomorrow and see if it really feels like the opposite of what daybreak sounds like :lol:  

I really enjoy them both and they vibe well off each other. Some of my fav Janet songs are the ones that are always too short (Damita Jo, sexhibition, so much betta). Take Me Away is silky smooth pop and it gives me a lil someone to call my lover and runaway teas. I love it. 

Both songs are two of my most played from the album (top 6) even though I haven't played either in a while.

2 Be Loved was an initial favourite.

I always associate TMA with being kinda generic and not taking off enough despite how infectious it is.

No doubt, the Dammn Baby video will have me revisiting the entire album though. 

• Upvote 1