Gil Makes A Requests To The Fans!

jarrylf

I love how Janet got a new trend going on and pretty much named after her:wub:

Janet Jackson dropped the video for “Dammn Baby”, the third single from her No. 1 album “Unbreakable”, Wednesday. The black and white video offers the other end of the spectrum from the first single released from the album (the No. 1, "No Sleeep" feat. J. Cole) showing off Jackson's sharp dance moves and sassy attitude.

Janet Jackson releases new video, "Dammn Baby"

Rhythm Nation / BMG Rights Management

Part of that sassy attitude occurs at the 2:59 mark in the video, where Jackson mercilessly throws shade at the "twerking" style of dancing. Janet’s dancers begin to twerk and Janet responds by standing off to the side, giving a half-hearted, clap as she rolls her eyes and looks away.

The move has been dubbed the "petty clap" on Twitter andthe video's YouTube page.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dammn-janet-jackson-unleashes-petty-clap-new-video

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 2

you know as much as I would love to...Janet has been really dissconnected this era.  So yeah  I'm good.  She used to do real nice things for us but what has she done for us lately???  Still love her but im just keeping it real.  Bought her album, saw the show 3 times, bought tons of merchandise.  She got my profit.   Shes the one being a bit petty these days. 

Edited by msboz

Why even focus on the clap? The video is great and we are the last fan base that needs to be getting in Stan wars. Just saying....

lol I hate seeing that on Twitter. No one in Janfam should be making fun of any other artist right now or throwing shade.  I like that the petty clap was used but Janet could have shown these kids a new way when this album first came out and she didn't say anything. She had a platform that could have reached these young girls and didn't use it so she can't be mad if they are out here twerking. That's like complaining about the president and you didn't vote 

• Upvote 2

Tweet Activity

JoeJoe @juZZjoEJOe
If y'all don't know what the #pettyclap is then watch @JanetJackson #DammnBaby video. She started a trend lol. pic.twitter.com/NpVLjgHGiZ
promote-a54f43f3904fb8073e4f16564fe00058
Reach a bigger audience
Get more engagements by promoting this Tweet!
Get started
Impressions

Media views

Total engagements156
Media engagements

Detail expands

Retweets

Hashtag clicks

Link clicks

Profile clicks

• Upvote 1

lol I hate seeing that on Twitter. No one in Janfam should be making fun of any other artist right now or throwing shade.  I like that the petty clap was used but Janet could have shown these kids a new way when this album first came out and she didn't say anything. She had a platform that could have reached these young girls and didn't use it so she can't be mad if they are out here twerking. That's like complaining about the president and you didn't vote 

Yall taking this wayyyyyyyyyyy too seriously . Wtf is wrong wit yall? :mellow: 

Janet isnt literally mad that the girls out here are twerking. We live in a culture thats shade heavy now, and that was a funny,little harmless shade. Yall damn near getting all political for nothing. Let Janet have a lil fun ....cus Lord Knows ....she's been shaded for her voice over the years, so y cant she get one off? Lets not use this as a moment to make something way bigger than what it is. 

And btw Janet has done MORE than enough to teach/show the young girls how its done ...and SOME. ARE U FUCKING SERIOUS?????????????????????Your campaigning of negativity on every little bitty thing related to Janet is just..... i mean,,....juss why?  With "fans" like you...what does she need with haters?

Next.

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 5

Yall taking this wayyyyyyyyyyy too seriously . Wtf is wrong wit yall? :mellow: 

Janet isnt literally mad that the girls out here are twerking. We live in a culture thats shade heavy now, and that was a funny,little harmless shade. Yall damn near getting all political for nothing. Let Janet have a lil fun ....cus Lord Knows ....she's been shaded for her voice over the years, so y cant she get one off? Lets not use this as a moment to make something way bigger than what it is. 

And btw Janet has done MORE than enough to teach/show the young girls how its done ...and SOME. ARE U FUCKING SERIOUS?????????????????????Your campaigning of negativity on every little bitty thing related to Janet is just..... i mean,,....juss why?  With "fans" like you...what does she need with haters?

Next.

:bored: If it's negative to you then mute me or just pass by my statement. Nothing I said right there was negative or false.  She hasn't reached the young girls. Her lessers like Beyoncé and Riri etc are the ones who should know better but these babies out here still can learn from Janet. You are doing way to much. Fans like me are the ones helping her sell out shows. Fans like me are the ones voting and requesting their asses off to get her songs played on the radio and get her inducted into the hall of fame.

The album was political and has a message that today's youth needs to hear. So like I said she can shade them but she would have a better shot at changing things if she spoke up. Where is the negativity in that statement. You can take your ass the Janet club with that real fan fake fan BS. 

• Downvote 2

janetDAYZ said:

Yall taking this wayyyyyyyyyyy too seriously . Wtf is wrong wit yall? :mellow: 

Next.

Seriously!  

Seriously!  

Thisplace gets more and more strange by the day. Some discussonswe have I cant even believe are topics.

"Why is Janet petty clapping that girls are twerking when its her fault that they are cus she didnt have a complete era that could have reached out to them and stopped the twerking" 

RIDICULOUS . Where on earth is the logic to that? :mellow:

:mellow:

:blink:

Thisplace gets more and more strange by the day. Some discussonswe have I cant even believe are topics.

"Why is Janet petty clapping that girls are twerking when its her fault that they are cus she didnt have a complete era that could have reached out to them and stopped the twerking" 

RIDICULOUS . Where on earth is the logic to that? :mellow:

:mellow:

:blink:

Yes so the fuck what if Janet petty claps at twerking? I'll petty clap at it too. Nobody can stop anybody from doing whatever dance they wanna do. WTF lol

• Upvote 1

Yes so the fuck what if Janet petty claps at twerking? I'll petty clap at it too. Nobody can stop anybody from doing whatever dance they wanna do. WTF lol

you can't stop anybody but if you can just plant that seed into the brains of the younger artist under 20 and touch at least one that can make a difference. She told T Lumpkins she was tired if seeing all the ass shaking. Her being a dancer and having a platform she could reach at least a few people if she spoke on it. No one can change the whole world. You only have to reach one.  Jay Z didn't end auto tune with D. O. A. but it stopped it a minute and ended T pains career.  

But pardon me for viewing Janet as a pioneer and not just a pop icon :coffee: 

you can't stop anybody but if you can just plant that seed into the brains of the younger artist under 20 and touch at least one that can make a difference. She told T Lumpkins she was tired if seeing all the ass shaking. Her being a dancer and having a platform she could reach at least a few people if she spoke on it. No one can change the whole world. You only have to reach one.  Jay Z didn't end auto tune with D. O. A. but it stopped it a minute and ended T pains career.  

But pardon me for viewing Janet as a pioneer and not just a pop icon :coffee: 

she spoke on it by doing what she did in the video. What do you want her to do? The #pettyclap has gone viral. She's reached hundreds of thousands of people already so what are you talking about lol