Live Nation BTS of Dammn Baby. The best one BY FAR

msboz

here u go chuuren  

http://onenation.livenation.com/blog/janet-jackson-takes-you-behind-the-scenes-of-dammn-baby?st=twitter

Janet is actually speaking and being interactive and involved with the creative process.   She is def having fun and its a great sneak peak of her and the team in action.  She def still has a big team of gays around here which I love to see.  THIS is the kind of stuff we should have gotten to see more off in regards to the album, tour, promotion and etc....It is beyond me why we don't get more good stuff like this.  Anyways you guys will love this 

Edited by msboz
  • Upvote 2

Some of the stuff she advised felt like minor details. I mean no disrespect but she was advising how the girl with blonde should have blond eyebrows, side eye, and then Allison's hair. 

BUT I noticed when she was talking about the boots she said this is "what he wanted" - in reference to Gil. Also, Luther mentioned she would ask what vibe she needed to be in & how she needed to do it? Then he gave her the direction. 

Lastly, Whyley who is really good people kinda showed me that when they were doing the choreo it was done with a very "gay" flare that they felt looked good on them, but idk that Janet translates those moves with that same vibe. Watch Whyley at the end doing the choreo based on how he feels it & when they're performing & go watch Janet. Part of me feels like that's something that stunts Janet's growth with dancing. Their moves & attitude they add in does not always transcend into her. 

• Upvote 4

Some of the stuff she advised felt like minor details. I mean no disrespect but she was advising how the girl with blonde should have blond eyebrows, side eye, and then Allison's hair. 

BUT I noticed when she was talking about the boots she said this is "what he wanted" - in reference to Gil. Also, Luther mentioned she would ask what vibe she needed to be in & how she needed to do it? Then he gave her the direction. 

Lastly, Whyley who is really good people kinda showed me that when they were doing the choreo it was done with a very "gay" flare that they felt looked good on them, but idk that Janet translates those moves with that same vibe. Watch Whyley at the end doing the choreo based on how he feels it & when they're performing & go watch Janet. Part of me feels like that's something that stunts Janet's growth with dancing. Their moves & attitude they add in does not always transcend into her. 

100% agree with this. 

Janet's choreography in recent years has a camp vibe. I don't think it's sexy on her; and I don't think it really works. 

Don't get me wrong though, I still love the video... 

Edited by xoney
  • Upvote 4

I think they were just showing Janet the dancer's hair and she commented on it but if Janet didn't like it they would have changed it. 

I'm not sure what your rant is suppose to prove? Janet trusts Gil and Luther (her entire crew) with their job responsibilities. Micro-managing her team is not the way to go

I'm gonna have to agree with the previous posts about the gayness in Janet's choreography. I miss the Tina and Shawnette choreo. It was more fluid and sensual. All of this head snapping and voguing doesn't suit Janet best. BUT, she can still pull it off.

• Upvote 3

I'm gonna have to agree with the previous posts about the gayness in Janet's choreography. I miss the Tina and Shawnette choreo. It was more fluid and sensual. All of this head snapping and voguing doesn't suit Janet best. BUT, she can still pull it off.

she's sorta becoming a drag queen of herself :unsure:

• Upvote 1

I think they were just showing Janet the dancer's hair and she commented on it but if Janet didn't like it they would have changed it. 

I'm not sure what your rant is suppose to prove? Janet trusts Gil and Luther (her entire crew) with their job responsibilities. Micro-managing her team is not the way to go

Idk why you felt your response was necessary. Proving wasn't the intent, but showing was the result. If you felt as if something was delivered in a proof way, it must have been to some argument you posed that went unnoticed. 

Like I've said many of times, it's VERY obvious that Janet has leaned heavily on her teams direction & in my personal opinion it stifles her creative growth. Gil is a great person, loyal, & I'm sure even really cool people...his creative influence has been less than epic, and quite underwhelming at times. Micro-managing is not the equivalent of being heavily influential. IF Janet doesn't like something OF COURSE they will change and alter it, the push back just seems to be minimal & a few times the results reflect it. 

• Upvote 2