Janet Didn't Tell Jermaine Jackson that She's Expecting

She didn't tell them she got married either :lmao: 

Janet is currently expecting her first child[Getty]

Speaking to TMZ, he said: “I’m very happy for Janet - that’s my baby. She’s having a baby - my baby is having a baby. I’m so proud and I’m happy to be an uncle.”

He added that his little sister had kept very quiet about her news adding: “I just found out like you guys in the news.”

The Celebrity Big Brother star added that he wouldn’t mind the Scream singer paying tribute to him after she gives birth. 

He joked: “I hope it’s a boy and I hope she names it Jermaine. “

Jermaines LITERALLY the last Jackson that needed to know lol, cause yea he's got TMZ on SPEEDDIAL I'm sure, cause he's on there more than any Jackson, and I don't think it's by chance lol

Him and Latoya. Janet always keeping them in the dark. But I'll bet Katherine knew. Just like she knew about Janet getting married. My guess is that Janet is about 4months along.

• Upvote 1

^ Thank You . This is NOTHING new. Alot of the Jacksons find out shit about their family members in the news. Its been like this for yearsssss. They all are kind of private in that way...and who has that kind of time to call up each member to share the news when its a million of em :lol:  its so much easier to juss unleash the news in the press so everyone can find out at once.  A "showbiz" family is a little different than an ordinary family. Hell, close as Janet and Michael were he was the LAST one to find out that she had went off to marry James Debarge. Quincy Jones's daughter is the one who broke the news to him.. so I understand how they operate when it comes to their family so this isnt surprising or news to me. Some didnt know she was married to Rene all those yrs. 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 2

I think in large families the dynamics tend to be messy and when you add fame and wealth into it just gets messier. Her brothers entered famein their early to late teens and were already globetrotting so I doubt they've all spent many years together as a family(most of them with the exception of maybe Latoya & Michael married soon as they could). I think at the end of the day they love each other but the relationships aren't as strong because of the family being so large, age differences, and the declining revenue & fame of most of the family.

Also MJ left his estate to his kids and only provides for Katherine while she's alive so I think there's going to be tension over that in the near future. 

Edited by ontologicalummah
  • Upvote 4

Actually the whole idea of the family struggling financially I don't believe is true. I do not believe each member lives the exact same standard equally but there's a lot more to it. There are people who still pay them for appearances and to promote things like water or international brands. 

They also I'm sure see some money from past music they made, and I'm sure some of the siblings - like Randy - live a more simple life but then & their children seem to be fine enough to be traveling the world without issue. How can that be if they were "hurting" I think our idea of wealth & riches is not the same as theirs. The family I'm sure has money tied up in some places that produce more money or residuals. I think that's more so a press circus to keep it seeming like it's all about money. They've had it too long for everyone to be "broke". 

Marlon is usually here in Atlanta & he attends Janet's shows & has his family doing bday parties for his grandchildren at the bounce house places & he drives his Range Rover...I'm sure they're ok enough to do what they want from eat like celebrities to travel like celebrities without struggling. 

• Upvote 3

^ Thank You . This is NOTHING new. Alot of the Jacksons find out shit about their family members in the news. Its been like this for yearsssss. They all are kind of private in that way...and who has that kind of time to call up each member to share the news when its a million of em :lol:  its so much easier to juss unleash the news in the press so everyone can find out at once.  A "showbiz" family is a little different than an ordinary family. Hell, close as Janet and Michael were he was the LAST one to find out that she had went off to marry James Debarge. Quincy Jones's daughter is the one who broke the news to him.. so I understand how they operate when it comes to their family so this isnt surprising or news to me. Some didnt know she was married to Rene all those yrs. 

Which one of Quincy Jones's daughter broke the news to Michael? And yeah Joe didn't know Janet was married to Rene for all those years, but Katherine did. And they are husband and wife. Janet only tells her family sh*t on a need to know bases. And most of the time most of them don't need to know. Lol!

Actually the whole idea of the family struggling financially I don't believe is true. I do not believe each member lives the exact same standard equally but there's a lot more to it. There are people who still pay them for appearances and to promote things like water or international brands. 

They also I'm sure see some money from past music they made, and I'm sure some of the siblings - like Randy - live a more simple life but then & their children seem to be fine enough to be traveling the world without issue. How can that be if they were "hurting" I think our idea of wealth & riches is not the same as theirs. The family I'm sure has money tied up in some places that produce more money or residuals. I think that's more so a press circus to keep it seeming like it's all about money. They've had it too long for everyone to be "broke". 

Marlon is usually here in Atlanta & he attends Janet's shows & has his family doing bday parties for his grandchildren at the bounce house places & he drives his Range Rover...I'm sure they're ok enough to do what they want from eat like celebrities to travel like celebrities without struggling. 

I tend to see a lot of Mj fans run with the notion that all of the Jacksons are broke(except for Janet of course) and live off of Michael's estate money. I don't believe that to be true either. And like you said  they all vary when it comes to lifestyles. But I don't believe they are leeches that people make them out to be.

• Upvote 1

the Media are reporting that Mama Jackson pressured Janet :shifty: 

I believe Katherine wants Janet to have kids. Janet spoke about this during an interview in the AFY era. But I don't really think she pressured Janet into it. Interesting enough Katherine wants Janet to have kids, but when Latoya had her show on OWN. Latoya told mama K that she wanted to adopt and mama K looked at her like she was crazy.

I think in large families the dynamics tend to be messy and when you add fame and wealth into it just gets messier. Her brothers entered famein their early to late teens and were already globetrotting so I doubt they've all spent many years together as a family(most of them with the exception of maybe Latoya & Michael married soon as they could). I think at the end of the day they love each other but the relationships aren't as strong because of the family being so large, age differences, and the declining revenue & fame of most of the family.

Also MJ left his estate to his kids and only provides for Katherine while she's alive so I think there's going to be tension over that in the near future. 

they tried to pull a coup with the estate and it failed, that divided the family cause members took sides, and I know Janet feel some kinda way about them damn kids :filenails:

Which one of Quincy Jones's daughter broke the news to Michael? And yeah Joe didn't know Janet was married to Rene for all those years, but Katherine did. And they are husband and wife. Janet only tells her family sh*t on a need to know bases. And most of the time most of them don't need to know. Lol!

Michael was never specific about which of Quincy's daughters told him. He just stated in his autobiography it was Quincy's daughter who told him. 

• Upvote 1

I don't believe they are all broke but just looking at how Jermaine lives, some definitely live above their means. There's evidence of them owing child support and not fulfilling their obligations, also it's clear from Janet's divorce settlement that she at times has supported her family members.

And yes they still make money from their Motown years and even the Epic/Jackson years but in the former they didn't write any of those songs and probably don't own their masters. I'm not saying money is the primary reason why the family is dysfunctional but I think it's obvious that it plays a role. Not to mention the industry is very self-centered by nature and basically the whole family with few exceptions are in the industry( a crumbling industry). 

Edited by ontologicalummah

I don't believe they are all broke but just looking at how Jermaine lives, some definitely live above their means. There's evidence of them owing child support and not fulfilling their obligations, also it's clear from Janet's divorce settlement that she at times has supported her family members.

And yes they still make money from their Motown years and even the Epic/Jackson years but in the former they didn't write any of those songs and probably don't own their masters. I'm not saying money is the primary reason why the family is dysfunctional but I think it's obvious that it plays a role. Not to mention the industry is very self-centered by nature and basically the whole family with few exceptions are in the industry( a crumbling industry). 

Owing child support is not an indication of being broke. It could be priorities but not poverty, and also child support to a woman who LIVED in their mother's house. It's hard to assume people's business so it's best we don't, especially financially, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

I've always found that odd. The relationship between her and her siblings. It just feels very odd. 

..........They're the Jacksons, they arent' the family next door, Janet had to watch her brothers cartoons and read articles about them in Right On & Teen Beat to feel close to them. She only lived with Rebbie for the 1st 2 yrs of her life before she got married and moved to another state, and La Toya is 10yrs older and they had nothing in common because she was more devoutly religious and extremely feminine, so Janet couldn't really get THAT close to any of her siblings in the traditional sense. 

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 5

..........They're the Jacksons, they arent' the family next door, Janet had to watch her brothers cartoons and read articles about them in Right On & Teen Beat to feel close to them. She only lived with Rebbie for the 1st 2 yrs of her life before she got married and moved to another state, and La Toya is 10yrs older and they had nothing in common because she was more devoutly religious and feminine, so Janet couldn't really get THAT close to any of her siblings in the traditional sense.

she only really had Randy since he joined the group later on and I think that's why they're closer than the rest. But probably still not that close 

• Upvote 1

she only really had Randy since he joined the group later on and I think that's why they're closer than the rest. But probably still not that close 

Exactly, Randy & Michael were the only 2 she had a tight bond with by all accounts, and yea from all accounts afte he joined the group they didn't sped as much time together, and Michael....was Michael lol. It sounds like (from all the books and interviews) they were tight all the way up until Control. 

• Upvote 1