James DeBarge Slanders Janet [again]

According to some alleged email, James claims Janet hid a daughter from him and he's shocked :blink: First off... 

You can read what will soon be a lawsuit via the link: 

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/janet-jackson-secret-daughter-james-debarge/

Janet Jackson may be expecting a child with husband Wissam at the age of 49, but is this really her first child?

RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that Jackson may have had a daughter during her first marriage to James DeBarge in her late teens and kept the pregnancy a secret from him and the world.

In the first bombshell interview in decades, DeBarge opens up to Radar about his belief that Jackson did give birth to a baby girl.

According to DeBarge, a young woman claiming to be his daughter recently reached out to him.

Someone had contacted me. She spoke to me by email,” he said. “The first time was two years ago. I have not been able to directly see her face-to-face.

The young woman suggested that they take a paternity test, but that hasn’t happened yet.

“She suggested it,” DeBarge said, adding that he has yet to meet the woman because he’s afraid. :umm: 

DeBarge also confirms that when the woman contacted him, she admitted to being Jackson’s daughter.

She did but without saying [it],” he said. “She was angry because another child was trying to come forward and say that she was our child. So she did out of anger.

“She described as much as she could tell me because she was very fearful at the time,” he continued. “She was very angry about people running with this story about this [other child] being my baby. She got very angry. She’s like, ‘Papa I want to help you out.’ She had so much of personality and she was so accurate with everything she was saying, it was only things that I and Janet know. No one else but god, me and Janet.”

DeBarge says the woman wanted to keep their new connection private. :umm: 

“She called me ‘papa,'” DeBarge said. “She didn’t want to get her mom in trouble. She wanted to do it quietly. She didn’t even want Janet to know.”

DeBarge claims that in the emails he received, he found out Jackson had allegedly put their daughter up for adoption.

“One of her adoptive parents died,” he said. “[The alleged daughter's] adoptive mother and on her death bed said she told her. She confirmed it on the deathbed.”

In the beginning, he had suspected that Jackson had a baby, and even went on a search to find her, but had no luck.

I hadn’t known [that Janet had a baby]… not for sure,”  :umm: he said. “I went on a search. Someone went through some serious changes to make it impossible for me to find. This had to be some serious inside work being done with the paperwork. Someone was working with them.”

So when the girl emailed him, DeBarge was overwhelmed by emotions.

“I was hurt and I didn’t know why I was hurt,” he said. “I think I was hurt because I had mixed emotions. I felt kind of left out and I felt like it was unfair. At first, I felt like this was the worst thing in the world that happened to me. I was so depressed by it at first.”

DeBarge claims that he wouldn’t have cut the girl out of his life had he known she existed for sure.

“It would have to be hidden from me if she wasn’t a part of my life all the time and I didn’t know anything about her,” he explained. “There’s no way it could not have been hidden. I didn’t know. Had I known, I would never have kept it a [secret]. I would have been very proud of her.”

According to DeBarge, he believes Jackson didn’t tell him about the child because of “fear.”

“Fear and lots of pressure,” he noted. “From every angle, from inside and outside… Not knowing how it could hurt her career. A lot of outside influences were involved in our whole relationship to where we didn’t have a chance from the gate.”

DeBarge also says that people gave him and Jackson a hard time about their relationship even before the baby rumors started.

“They didn’t want us to have anything,” he said. “There were times when I was jumped, physically, and attacked. It was dangerous to the point that I was afraid to go outside.”

In 1994, nearly nine years after DeBarge and Jackson’s teen marriage had been annulled, Star magazine published a series of articles talking about the rumors of a mystery daughter.

In one article, DeBarge’s mother revealed that she believed that Jackson had been pregnant, went away for a long time, and then when she came back, that’s when she told DeBarge she wanted to end their marriage.

“I saw Janet before she left, and from what I could see, she was definitely pregnant,”Etterlene DeBarge told the magazine. “She wasn’t fooling anyone.”

That same article claimed that the DeBarge family launched an investigation to find the child.

And in an open letter published in the magazine that same year, DeBarge himself cried out to Jackson to reveal the truth to him.

“I don’t care how no good I was,” he said in that letter. “I feel like you should have gotten in contact with me about the baby.”

“I don’t want to live the rest of my life not knowing the truth,” DeBarge begged. “I just want my child to know I’m her father.”

Jackson’s rep did not comment on this story.

A Lot of side eye  

• Downvote 1

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Annoying, waiting to see Mrs. Debarge who had to be born in 84/85, and hear it from her, get a blood test from them, and not hear it from a DeBarge (though I love their music for the most part, aint a damn DeBarge ever been shy of reporters if we keeping it 100....). I was waiting on this from 1 of them (legitimately surprised it's him), her being in the news for pregnancy is the perfect time for a DeBarge name to get in the public for 5mins again. :coffee: 
200_s.gif

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 7

This is exactly why I started that thread the other day about people saying Janet had a kid. I just had a gut feeling that a Debarge was gonna surface and go to the media about this. I did not think it would be James tho. He could feel some kinda way because Janet is finally having a baby with another man. Trust and believe he is butt hurt over that. Even though he has 3 other kids that he doesn't take care of. James's two smallest children were taken into CPS a few years ago because neither him or his girlfriend could take care of them. On top of that his oldest Kristana said that she hadn't seen him in years because he was strung out on drugs. James' brother Mark Debarge said that James beat his girlfriend up and that everybody knows not to leave kids around James because he ain't right in the head. I find it funny that he would go to the media with this when he hasn't even met this person face to face yet. There are a lot of wanna be secret Jackson kids out there. This story will only get bigger especially once Janet gives birth.

Edited by BlackCat1989
  • Upvote 3

There has been so much inconsistency with this "secret baby" story for me to believe that a child really exist. The "secret baby" story changes like the weather. I mean just last year they said Janet's niece, Stevanna (Randy's daughter) was actually Janet's daughter (even though she was born in 1990 during Janet's Rhythm Nation era/when Janet was with Rene). A few years ago Mama Debarge said Omer Bhatti, Jackson Family Friend was the secret child (yet all the years it was said it was a secret daughter). Young Debarge brought a random girl on Wendy Williams (when she was on Radio)  and said it was James and Janet's daughter it was clear she wasn't. They said Brandi (Jackie's adopted daughter) was actually Janet's, raised by Rebbie, and actual name is Renee even though Brandi was born in 1982 (not when everybody claims Janet was pregnant 1985/when Janet was on Fame). Also the fact that James is saying this now contradicts what both he and his brother, Chico Debarge said years ago which is Janet had an abortion.

• Upvote 7

I almost want Janet to sue their asses, but that would only give them what they want. The more publicity this story has the more stories they can sell. They've got Stevanna pictures posted all on Facebook and Instagram saying that she is the daughter. Yet when you read what James has said the so called daughter hasn't when public yet. But people don't read these days. I see exactly why Janet keeps her shit to herself even when it comes to her own family members. I kinda wish Janet had kept her pregnancy under wraps now. This is supposed to be a joyous time for her instead there's all of these rumors flying around. I hope she isn't seeing all of this.

Seeing this story makes me grateful that Janet's separated herself from all her toxic, dysfunctional past relationships/influences (love interests, family, professional, etc.) Some on this board gripe over Wissam's apparent influence over her -- I'm just glad she seems happy & at peace in this space. 

• Upvote 1

Seeing this story makes me grateful that Janet's separated herself from all her toxic, dysfunctional past relationships/influences (love interests, family, professional, etc.) Some on this board gripe over Wissam's apparent influence over her -- I'm just glad she seems happy & at peace in this space. 

Personally I think Janet thrives in her privacy. She probably enjoys escaping to Dubai and Qatar.

• Upvote 2

If a child ever emerges how would the fan base feel?

It wouldn't change the way I feel about Janet. She was young as hell and James was and still is a drug abuser. We don't know what she has been through. Last year I spoke to a guy on Twitter who claims he knows the Debarges and was around Janet and James at the time and he said that James put Janet through hell because he was always so strung out on drugs. I took it with a grain of salt at the time.

If a child ever emerges how would the fan base feel?

I wouldn't care, didn't make any of her eras slay any less, it's something else that was her business that she kept as quiet as she could. The only way I'd feel negatively towards Janet is if the girl ended up in some poor group home and ended up as a prostitute or stripper or something, basically if it was like Janet &/or Joe (likely Joe) just put the kid up in a random poor orphanage or rundown place, and didn't ensure that she'd be at least taken care of, but even then not really that mad per-se, if Janet gave up parental rights it's REALLY not her fault for a bad outcome, it's whatever system she got caught up in. Doing it "for her career" asside, Janet at 18 & 19likely would've ended up resenting the kid on some level for putting all of her hold and potential on hold, and she'd have to deal with the DeBarge's for 18yrs.

Also I wouldn't like it if 1 of the siblings did secretly raise her, that'd be "Ugh" but not surprising, honestly given the family and how they were raised none of this would exactly be shocking for me for the fact that the girl exists, it would that we'd now know 100% 1 way or another. And as much as I don't think Janet did, I don't ever act like I know "cause I WAS THERE!", no, I left room for this to be true, not a ton, but it's cause I do my research on my fave, and it is actually possible for her to have given birth in 85 (84 is doubtful), but eh, I don't see it, I need credible reciepts, not a Debarge looking to push a greatest hits album or in James case a few mins indoors and probably a sandwich from 7Elevn. :coffee: 

tumblr_ndo3fjrKIZ1qcjdp7o1_500.gif

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

LOL. Any rumor out there about Janet silencing people is automatically invalid since this deluded crackhead comes out every few years with the same bullshit. If she wanted to shut people up, this fool would have been eliminated 20 years ago.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry but what also makes this story laughable is that we are suppose believe a grown woman found out  she was adopted and her parents are James Debarge and Janet Jackson. And the woman supposedly decided let me reach out to drug addict James who doesn't even take care of himself nor the actual kids he has now. Listen let me find out James Debarge and Janet Jackson are my parents and I can tell you which parent I'm going to make an attempt to reach out to and it ain't James. 

• Upvote 2

I almost want Janet to sue their asses, but that would only give them what they want. The more publicity this story has the more stories they can sell. They've got Stevanna pictures posted all on Facebook and Instagram saying that she is the daughter. Yet when you read what James has said the so called daughter hasn't when public yet. But people don't read these days. I see exactly why Janet keeps her shit to herself even when it comes to her own family members. I kinda wish Janet had kept her pregnancy under wraps now. This is supposed to be a joyous time for her instead there's all of these rumors flying around. I hope she isn't seeing all of this.

The debarges dont have a pot to piss in.  There would be nothing she could sue for.  Her pregnancy news would have got out at some point anyway.  It is alot more difficult to hide anything like that these days plus I'm sure Live Nation needed to know why she was stopping the tour. 

Nobody cares, nobody believes this fried by coke brain fool. One minute he says that only He, Janet and the kid know about the secret stuff meaning they have been connected all these years but then he says she was adopted and only found out who she was when the her mom died. 

Janet was with him in the 80's and the baby was born misteriously during the 90's when she was with Rene AND on tour with RN...

Guess he needed a few coins to get him some more powder.  Milking this urban myth for what it's worth.

Edited by Blue
  • Upvote 2

Nobody cares, nobody believes this fried by coke brain fool. One minute he says that only He, Janet and the kid know about the secret stuff meaning they have been connected all these years but then he says she was adopted and only found out who she was when the her mom died. 

Janet was with him in the 80's and the baby was born misteriously during the 90's when she was with Rene AND on tour with RN...

Guess he needed a few coins to get him some more powder.  Milking this urban myth for what it's worth.

Yep! The Debarges have been selling stories about Janet to the tabloids for decades now. 

:rolleyes:
Yea them eyes are similar becasue it's Janet's niece Brandi who's Jackie's daughter, born in 81 (a year before Janet & James met), she's the 1 the media jumped on the hardest over the rumor.

Why do people really act like it's odd that a niece and aunt share physical similarities? (not calling out anyone here, but the people who pick the nieces and run with it like it's a fact, like with her & Stevanna I've seen too many that said "But she looks too much like Janet to be a niece"......dumb bitches I just can't.)

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1