Christina to perform with Whitney hologram on The Voice?

bu.

http://www.etonline.com/music/188400_exclusive_the_voice_plans_christina_aguilera_duet_with_whitney_houston_hologram/

Whitney Houston, who was often referred to as "The Voice," will be making a posthumous visit to the NBC singing competition show of the same name.

A source confirms to ET that a hologram of Houston will appear on an episode of The Voice this season for a special performance.

The news comes after rumors began to swirl late last week that Christina Aguilera would be performing a tribute to the late singer on The Voice after photos and videos surfaced on social media of a glammed-up Aguilera seen singing with Houston's hologram on The Voice stage.

Aguilera was tight-lipped when ET asked about the rumored "duet" ahead of Monday's live episode of The Voice, though it is unclear when the performance will air.

"I am sworn to secrecy," she stressed. "I can't say anything, but I'm very excited about the finale. Very exciting things happening."

=============================================

This can either be a big shouty messy disaster or pretty cool. Either way, it's going to be weird. 

Edited by Dammn Bu

• 2 weeks later...
Fuuuuuk the ENTIRE thing leaked..?! That sucks for The Voice! ?

I might be in the minority with my opinion.....but I thought it was pretty dope actually!! I think this worked better than MJ's hologram!

Like someone said, I too don't think her face was right on point at certain times, but if you're there in the audience, from 30-40ft away these things can get pretty convincing.. Easier to create a Whitney and 2Pac hologram than it is to make MJ tho.. Mike had his own moves, not just dance moves but all movements and little idiosyncrasies were unique to him and him only..

I see why they might want to do these holograms (money, bringing back legends, etc) but I think that when a person dies you should just let them rest instead of going for these cheap imitations of what a person was. Whitney's face was completely off (skin, eyes, etc) and a pixelated/projected version of someone like Whitney just doesn't do them justice.

It looked more like her co-star from Waiting To Exhale - the youngest one. Robin?

Lela Rochon, I'm SO glad they cancelled it if that was the finished product. 

Buttruthfully it's kind of what I expected, cause the only 1 of thee Holograms that LOOKED like the person was the Tupac 1 to me, the MJ 1 only kinda did.