Do you wish JJ & MJ performed "Scream" live together?

Dal

Obviously a hypothetical question, so all responses shall be deemed hypothetical as well...

but do you, as a Janet Jackson fan, ever wish that she got to perform the only duet she made with her big bro?

if your answer is no, then why? Did you not like the song to begin with? Did you think that Janet would be seen as "riding his coat tails" (or vice-versa)? Would it have been too much pressure for them to successfully deliver?

if your answer is yes, then when would it have been the best time for them to do so? (on his/her tour, at an awards show, etc?)...

My answer: FUCK YES I WISH THEY DID!!!

I think the obvious best time would've been for them to open the 1995 MTV VMAs together with Scream being the first thing performed, and then Mike could've done his solo performance (or vice-versa).. Or maybe Janet could've made a surprise appearance on one of Mike's HIStory Tour stops (even hypothetically tho, still wouldn't have happened  lol)..

but my ULTIMATE preference for them to perform SCREAM live together would've been during Janet's Super Bowl Halftime show.. Hear me out cuz this sounds doooope!! Instead of JT as her special guest, it would've been Mike (yes even though...wait.. ESPECIALLY cuz he was in the beginning stages of his trial) this would've been YUUUGE!! So everything is pretty much the same except when Janet performs RN, during the 2nd verse when she sings "lend a hand to help your brother do his best!" the music would've slowed/stopped and that line "lend a hand to help your brother do his best..." would've looped once or twice and then out of the speakers comes the famous "Scream" scream: Aahhhhhh!! Glass shattering sounds and BAM!..out pops Mike from where JT entered from and then complete silence for 8-counts... Then they would've went right into the first verse "tired of injustice..." And it would've been AMAZING!!

sure the taking heads on all of the news networks would've had a field day with it (was it inappropriate? did MJ violate his gag order? Should he even be performing? Etc etc etc) but at the end of the day, I think most people would've seen it as a little sister "lending a hand" to her big brother in a time of need and an outlet for him to voice his frustrations with the shit he was dealing with in that exact moment in his life..plus, years and years after the trial ended and everyone forgot what was going on at that time, we would always have that amazing performance footage of the both of them slaying on stage in front of the entire collective world...

oh what could've been..

I know there's a handful of folks on here who dispise Mike, and they're entitled to their opinions... But as a hypothetical scenario, it can be fun to imagine..

• Upvote 4

Michael being the King of Pop and Janet was definitely considered the Queen of Pop during that time so hell fuck yeah. The 2 biggest male and female pop stars on earth doing a live performance together? No one would ever be able to top that!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not really no. The song and video would had been the absolute best with Janet on it solo. She stole the show, really shined and held her own. Imagine how different things would have turned out had Michael chosen to go with the track for "Runaway".

• Upvote 1

It's all good. Hypotheticals are interesting! It would be absolutely iconic! 1995 VMAs would be the most ideal for a performance (maybe even get the song number 1!). That performance would have people talking forever!

Super Bowl would definitely be cool for the Scream performance as well if MIchael could Have been there. It could have also help Michael's public image at the time and maybe interest in new music if it all went really well. 

Only major negatives think would be the comparisons between them while performing. With just a video and a song there are still people discrediting one another and debate over who out-sang, out-danced, out-did or whatever. A live performance would only amplify that rivalry some of their fans have. Still there would have been more to be gained than lost I'd say. Not having one kind of still makes it special.

• Upvote 3

Not really no. The song and video would had been the absolute best with Janet on it solo. She stole the show, really shined and held her own. Imagine how different things would have turned out had Michael chosen to go with the track for "Runaway".

would've been better without Michael?? :blink:

I totally respect your opinion, but that is honestly the first time I've heard that ever even suggested!

imo, that is a "Michael Jackson song" through-and-through.. Sure JJ/TL co-produced it, but just like Man In The Mirror (which MJ didn't produce or write) he still made that his own in every way imaginable.. Nobody could've emoted the same way he did in that track....period! (imo)

• Upvote 1

Of course! :D Even just an appearance at one of MJ's tour dates (and/or vice versa) would've been dope! I love the Super Bowl idea though. It would've been an event of epic historic proportions, and I'm sure it'd still help inspire the birth of YouTube too B)

• Upvote 2

Michael being the King of Pop and Janet was definitely considered the Queen of Pop during that time so hell fuck yeah. The 2 biggest male and female pop stars on earth doing a live performance together? No one would ever be able to top that!

Imagine a joint world tour with the two of them!!

sold-out stadiums, worldwide!

it literally would've been earth shaking...

Untoppable, likely even to this day!!

It would've been bigger than the On The Run Tour!!

• Upvote 4

At an award show big budget Hell Yeah.  With some of the greatest creative minds with them at the time in Sean and Tina.  

Hell yes! That was one of my dissappointments. I couldn't believe it never happened.

AGREED!!!

No... No to this entire thread. Mess 

thanks for the reply.. care to explain why you don't wish that it ever happened..?? I mean your opinion is clearly outnumbered in here among other die-hard Janet fans..

and you're the dude who created the "LET'S GUESS THE DATE YOU GUYS" thread so why the hell cant this one exist?? :wacko::rolleyes:

thanks for the reply.. care to explain why you don't wish that it ever happened..?? 

and you're the dude who created the "LET'S GUESS THE DATE YOU GUYS" thread so why the hell cant this one exist?? :wacko::rolleyes:

Janet paved her way to legendary status without her brothers.. Thats why.

The opinion of "die-hard" fans <<<< Janet Jackson's actions... Im glad none of y'all are/were running her career BC y'all "dilusionally-hardcore" fans would have ran it into the ground faster than Latoya Jackson's stardom

MJ came to Janet looking to help his career after his first child molestation charge (and the fact that he was turning into a white woman). MJ Failed to steal Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis for the longest (as well as Janet in the early 1990s). Janet did Scream out of pity.. And rightfully so.. She should have done it alone IMO 

Janet is actually pregnant.. It's not hypothetical like this mess of a Make-a-Wish thread :lmao: Girl Bye

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

yup and those who weren't really big fans of the other would've became fans lol

• Upvote 1

Michael first came to Janet after Rhythm Nation because it was his favorite album of hers. She told him no because she still didn't feel established enough. So fuck all that bullshit Game is talking about. He hates MJ & it shows in his unnecessary shade & disrespect. Had he had his way Scream would never exist, she wouldn't perform it on tour, & she wouldn't have any love or respect for her brother at all. 

Of course that would have been epic there were 3 major opportunities that would have set the world off if it would have happened, the 95 MTV Music Awards - then they win video of the year, Super Bowl, & The 30th Anniversary. Although the last one it might no have been as great because of age for MJ & his obvious drug usage at the time, but epic nonetheless. Janet & MJ were the biggest celebs and to have them perform live together would be one of the biggest moments in TV history undeniably. 

• Upvote 3

Yeah a fantasy of mines for a long time even before MJ passed away was them performing it together. I think it would have been perfect after the molestation trial or in London if This Is It ever happened. 

They were both at the VMAs  in 1995 when MJ did the medley and sampled Janet's interludes but I guess that was more MJ's moment. Also I don't get the whole loving Janet but dissing her brother thing when she obviously was ride or die for her brother. 

Edited by ontologicalummah
  • Upvote 1

YUP, and I had my thought about the VMA tribute too, I feel like if they peformed it at some point (just in general at any award show) it could've boosted the song to #1. I had alot of hope in the early 00's that the future would hold a sequel to Scream and that they'd do more together. I really do wish they utilized the power both of them had together for a tour, but how Janet is with her pride of not getting where she is based on HIS name, I don't think it would've happened that way. Cause lets be real she always said she didn't want to make it off the backs of "her brothers & sisters"= the back of Michael, I think her opening for the brothers would've been more likely than a joint tour with Michael, cause it would still come accross that he's throwing her a bone. And it's true she was doing MUCH better in the 90's and even the 00's than he was, but YOU KNOW that's not a known fact among the GP, if it were saying you prefer her to him wouldn't continusly draw so many "WOW/REALLY?" reactions, the GP though thinking he was crazy, weird a large portion thought he was a freak or monster, success wise they think he had more success & hits than he did, and many don't even know Janet has 10 #1 singles or sold over 100mil albums or was at 2 points the highest paid female artist (I've rolled my eyes by how shocked people are to those 3 things alone for YEARS). So based on that, as much as I would've LOVED to sit in that show, unless I could force them to do anything, it wasn't gonna happen, but it's fun to imagine, and the possibilities of other duets, other music videos, they could've done better than Scream really, and it's no shade or dig to Scream, but it's the truth in my opinion, Scream isn't in my top 20 favorite tracks for either of them, but both of them were capable of making something that could've been.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

Janet paved her way to legendary status without her brothers.. Thats why.

The opinion of "die-hard" fans <<<< Janet Jackson's actions... Im glad none of y'all are/were running her career BC y'all "dilusionally-hardcore" fans would have ran it into the ground faster than Latoya Jackson's stardom

MJ came to Janet looking to help his career after his first child molestation charge (and the fact that he was turning into a white woman). MJ Failed to steal Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis for the longest (as well as Janet in the early 1990s). Janet did Scream out of pity.. And rightfully so.. She should have done it alone IMO 

Janet is actually pregnant.. It's not hypothetical like this mess of a Make-a-Wish thread  Girl Bye

the shaaaade you have for Mike is comical to me.. 

You would never say that to Janet's face, Norman..

You love to say that Janet is > than anyone or their thoughts... Uhhh :blink: no shit bruh! :lol: We on a Janet forum homie! Might as well argue that water is wet while u at.. You don't sound smart ? #eek

and there you go, once again, creating the truth you like... :rolleyes: There is literally not a single sliver of any credible evidence that suggests anything you said about Mike in your entire post (literally).. You're what's called is a class-A "hater".. There's no need to attempt to tear down one one to raise the other..

And who cares who paved what first?! That's all ego dude! Beyonce and Jay-Z were established "legends" well before they chose to go on a very successful joint tour together..

#opinioninvalidated 

So my theory, that I literally feel is just 100% correct. Michael had many deep and dark issues. His addiction was long lasting and tore him all the way down for years. I think the family and his camp did an epic job of keeping it a secret. Something that the Jackson's seem to be award-winning at. Which makes me rule out nothing, even if I have my own opinions...but anyway

After 20YO when Janet & her brothers, we're talking about a family tour & saying they wanted to do one. Where Janet said she would open up for her brothers, only if ALL brothers wanted to do it...& Michael was refusing, I think that was the family's attempt to get him off drugs one final time. I think they felt if they all toured together it wouldn't allow him to be off by himself, indulging in the drugs. I think MJ was so deep into his addiction that he refused, and he didn't want to because he didn't want them in his business or getting on him about his habit. Sooo, eerily he came out being the "super" diva that he could be & signed to do his own tour which lead to his death. I think the family felt the day could come & always dreaded it happening behind the scenes. 

• Upvote 1

the shaaaade you have for Mike is comical to me.. 

You would never say that to Janet's face, Norman..

You love to say that Janet is > than anyone or their thoughts... Uhhh :blink: no shit bruh! :lol: We on a Janet forum homie! Might as well argue that water is wet while u at.. You don't sound smart ? #eek

and there you go, once again, creating the truth you like... :rolleyes: There is literally not a single sliver of any credible evidence that suggests anything you said about Mike in your entire post (literally).. You're what's called is a class-A "hater".. There's no need to attempt to tear down one one to raise the other..

And who cares who paved what first?! That's all ego dude! Beyonce and Jay-Z were established "legends" well before they chose to go on a very successful joint tour together..

#opinioninvalidated 

Not as comical as your delusion. I'm not shading MJ. He was accused of child molestation.. It'a fact (no formal chargers but a huge settlement because of an allegation). You MJ fans want to pretend he was so squeaky clean.. You ignore his truths. I can never understand that. If Janet did what MJ did, I wouldn't be a fan. I don't care how "great" the music is. The respect is lost 

I don't have to attempt to tear him down.. He did that himself. 

Beyonce isnt a legend and Jay-Z was legendary far before marrying Beyonce 

#YouDontHaveThePowerToInvalidarePeoplesOpinions

Edited by Game
  • Downvote 1

So my theory, that I literally feel is just 100% correct. Michael had many deep and dark issues. His addiction was long lasting and tore him all the way down for years. I think the family and his camp did an epic job of keeping it a secret. Something that the Jackson's seem to be award-winning at. Which makes me rule out nothing, even if I have my own opinions...but anyway

After 20YO when Janet & her brothers, we're talking about a family tour & saying they wanted to do one. Where Janet said she would open up for her brothers, only if ALL brothers wanted to do it...& Michael was refusing, I think that was the family's attempt to get him off drugs one final time. I think they felt if they all toured together it wouldn't allow him to be off by himself, indulging in the drugs. I think MJ was so deep into his addiction that he refused, and he didn't want to because he didn't want them in his business or getting on him about his habit. Sooo, eerily he came out being the "super" diva that he could be & signed to do his own tour which lead to his death. I think the family felt the day could come & always dreaded it happening behind the scenes. 

MJ was without a doubt a drug addict.. It was painfully obvious numerous times.. He was a lot of things, mainly human.. Ultimately, though, all signs point to him being a genuinely good-hearted but troubled man.. To live the things that he lived through, I'd honestly be shocked and dismayed if he didn't do something to help numb the constant pain he was forced to endure (albeit by his own doing or otherwise)..

Not as comical as your delusion. I'm not shading MJ. He was accused of child molestation.. It'a fact (no formal chargers but a huge settlement because of an allegation). You MJ fans want to pretend he was so squeaky clean.. You ignore his truths. I can never understand that. If Janet did what MJ did, I wouldn't be a fan. I don't care how "great" the music is. The respect is lost 

I don't have to attempt to tear him down.. He did that himself. 

Beyonce isnt a legend and Jay-Z was legendary far before marrying Beyonce 

#YouDontHaveThePowerToInvalidarePeoplesOpinions

...his "truths".. you mean the ones that you create that you like...? (you're still gonna do that bruh?) :blink:

nobody who is a true logical fan of his ever claims he to be "squeaky clean".. But you like to think that, just so you can bolster your own unfactual opinions about the man that you would NEVER say to Janet's face...like ever!

You say if Janet did what he did, then you wouldn't be a fan of hers... Fkn great! But what did Mike do thooo?? ? You can't even answer that, can you..?

And dude face reality.. Beyonce is a modern legend, plain and simple.. It may be a hard, jagged little pill for you to swallow (and I don't like it much either), but don't run from facts yet again Norm.. ? Her first 6 albums all debuted at #1.. She's selling out stadium after stadium after even more stadiums.. Something even our Janet has unfortunately never done in her career..

but go ahead and continue tearing one artist down to lift another up..

#dontbebutthurtcuzyouropinionsareinvalidatedbyme

#dontenterthisthreadanymore

#iknowyouwillanyway

#tryandsoundsmartsomemore

#nowyouprollylikefuuuk

• Upvote 1

Yes I do wish they performed it together just for personal pleasure. 

Beyonce is the most "legendary" of her peers. Only the pressed would think otherwise and this thread is not about that. Jay Z benefitted from the relationship more than Beyoncé. Should they ever divorce, Beyoncé will benefit more.

MJ was a mess. But he was a musical genius. I love the music even though I haven't played his music all year. I used to love him more than Janet but she managed to surpass him to number one about 5 years ago. Poor Janet dropping to 2 in my overall favourites since though >_<. She is also a mess but her music slays too much for me to be pissed for the mess. Beyoncé is the biggest mess but she my number three. 

LOL this is making me sad now.  I want it to happen.  They also could have had the biggest HBO special ever.  But his fans would have to have their own section.  All that passing out and crying and falling all over the place would ruin my time.  There would literally have to be a Velvet Rope to separate to the 2 fanbases.  

• Upvote 1

Obviously a hypothetical question, so all responses shall be deemed hypothetical as well...

but do you, as a Janet Jackson fan, ever wish that she got to perform the only duet she made with her big bro?

if your answer is no, then why? Did you not like the song to begin with? Did you think that Janet would be seen as "riding his coat tails" (or vice-versa)? Would it have been too much pressure for them to successfully deliver?

if your answer is yes, then when would it have been the best time for them to do so? (on his/her tour, at an awards show, etc?)...

My answer: FUCK YES I WISH THEY DID!!!

I think the obvious best time would've been for them to open the 1995 MTV VMAs together with Scream being the first thing performed, and then Mike could've done his solo performance (or vice-versa).. Or maybe Janet could've made a surprise appearance on one of Mike's HIStory Tour stops (even hypothetically tho, still wouldn't have happened  lol)..

but my ULTIMATE preference for them to perform SCREAM live together would've been during Janet's Super Bowl Halftime show.. Hear me out cuz this sounds doooope!! Instead of JT as her special guest, it would've been Mike (yes even though...wait.. ESPECIALLY cuz he was in the beginning stages of his trial) this would've been YUUUGE!! So everything is pretty much the same except when Janet performs RN, during the 2nd verse when she sings "lend a hand to help your brother do his best!" the music would've slowed/stopped and that line "lend a hand to help your brother do his best..." would've looped once or twice and then out of the speakers comes the famous "Scream" scream: Aahhhhhh!! Glass shattering sounds and BAM!..out pops Mike from where JT entered from and then complete silence for 8-counts... Then they would've went right into the first verse "tired of injustice..." And it would've been AMAZING!!

sure the taking heads on all of the news networks would've had a field day with it (was it inappropriate? did MJ violate his gag order? Should he even be performing? Etc etc etc) but at the end of the day, I think most people would've seen it as a little sister "lending a hand" to her big brother in a time of need and an outlet for him to voice his frustrations with the shit he was dealing with in that exact moment in his life..plus, years and years after the trial ended and everyone forgot what was going on at that time, we would always have that amazing performance footage of the both of them slaying on stage in front of the entire collective world...

oh what could've been..

I know there's a handful of folks on here who dispise Mike, and they're entitled to their opinions... But as a hypothetical scenario, it can be fun to imagine..

You should had directed that halftime... That would had been fuckin HOT

• Upvote 2