Do you wish JJ & MJ performed "Scream" live together?

Dal

Janet paved her way to legendary status without her brothers.. Thats why.

The opinion of "die-hard" fans <<<< Janet Jackson's actions... Im glad none of y'all are/were running her career BC y'all "dilusionally-hardcore" fans would have ran it into the ground faster than Latoya Jackson's stardom

MJ came to Janet looking to help his career after his first child molestation charge (and the fact that he was turning into a white woman). MJ Failed to steal Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis for the longest (as well as Janet in the early 1990s). Janet did Scream out of pity.. And rightfully so.. She should have done it alone IMO 

Janet is actually pregnant.. It's not hypothetical like this mess of a Make-a-Wish thread :lmao: Girl Bye

Janet did Scream out of pity? I think Janet has proven that she's not petty like some of her asshole fans. She said she did it to support him. Janet has proven to have her brother's back 100%. Michael is and was a huge star in his own right. He didn't really need Janet. Janet was icing on the cake.

• Upvote 5

Janet did Scream out of pity? I think Janet has proven that she's not petty like some of her asshole fans. She said she did it to support him. Janet has proven to have her brother's back 100%. Michael is and was a huge star in his own right. He didn't really need Janet. Janet was icing on the cake.

Janet definitely did that video and song in support of her brother that's for damn sure. And I'll bet money there were people in her ear telling her not to do it. Micheal even after the allegations in 93 was still a mega star but it didn't hurt at all to have Janet who at that time was damn near squeaky clean compared to him and Madonna. And Janet's attitude in that video was more aggressive than Michael's. She was saying fuck off!

• Upvote 6

Thank you!!! ????????

He never needed Janet to prove anything or make a comeback or anything like that.. He clearly loved her like crazy and had been inviting Janet to come to his level since he had heard the RN album (well before any type of allegations occurred).. And he loved RN and it was always something that he gave her props for (The Knowlesge was widely known to be his fav song of hers).. It wasn't until after Janet had the success she had in 93 that she decided to collaborate with him.. She felt she needed to get to that level of success on her own (that's straight from her own lips)..

Now, I have no doubt that Janet felt protective of her big bro (and closest sibling) after the crap he went through, so imo that could've only motivated her even more to want to help him speak his mind..

But make no mistake, Mike did not NEED Janet for HIStory to be a success, even after those allegations..

Sure, "Scream" debuted at #5 on the BB Hot 100 setting a new record for song chart debuts, but just a few weeks later HE BROKE THAT SAME RECORD BY HIMSELF!! Hahahaha! "You Are Not Alone" debuted at #1, the first time any song had ever done so (was Janet on that track..?? Sorry but no).. Then a few weeks later Mike had the biggest single of his career in the UK with "Earth Song".. Then the HIStory Tour went around the world and broke even more records..

so for anyone who says Mike "needed" Janet or "begged" her to allow him to use her producers is just plain batshit nuts.. It's not even like he used JJ/TL for the whole album..... LITERALLY ONLY 4 SONGS OUT OF 15 ON THE ALBUM! Less than 1/3 of the tracks he used JJ/TL productions, and only one of those songs received a video and proper single treatment..

so all ya'll can stfu about Mike using Janet or her producers/writers.. Go to hell with that mess of an argument.. It's really as dumb as it gets..

i could sit here all day and list the differences between Mike and Janet and what's better about one or the other...but that's ridiculous.. Like some of ya'll in here..

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Janet did Scream out of pity? I think Janet has proven that she's not petty like some of her asshole fans. She said she did it to support him. Janet has proven to have her brother's back 100%.

Michael is and was a huge star in his own right. He didn't really need Janet. Janet was icing on the cake.

I never said she didn't support him :blink: obviously she supports him and loves him.. Why else would she try to do a handful of interventions and show up to his trials?

He begged her to do a duet before/around the time she went on tour for the janet. album... :umm: She declined.. She only accepted it when she felt as though she was out of his shadow. 

Michael was facing a public relations disaster in 1994 after canceling his Dangerous Tour solely bc of that child molestation allegation which he paid heavily for. He was NOT in the best of light in 1994 and he needed Janet's image to clean his up.

You live in a fantasy world if you don't think the child molestation allegation didn't hurt his image. He needed Janet and her team 

• Downvote 1

He begged her to do a duet before/around the time she went on tour for the janet. album... She declined.. She only accepted it when she felt as though she was out of his shadow. 

You live in a fantasy world if you don't think the child molestation allegation didn't hurt his image. He needed Janet and her team 

Where was it said that he "begged" her..??

Where's the proof (other than your little uneducated mind)?? :lmao:

...and who in the fuck said the allegations didn't hurt his image?? It doesn't take a brainiac for that to be anymore evident, and you're living proof!!

but Mike didn't need Janet for anything... That's what you willfully fail to comprehend time and time again! (thinking is tough, huh buddy? ?)

And he didn't go to her just because his image was hurt.. He wanted to work with his closest family member since RN came out.. He offered her to be part of his own record label in the late 80's, well before any sign of trouble hit him.. Do you think he needed her help in the late 80's too?! Right after he broke records with the Bad album..?

Hate on Mike til the day you die all you want...but do it correctly, like with...oh ya know, FACTS!! Those are the things that aren't made up in that thing u call a "brain"..

• Upvote 1

and who in the fuck said the allegations didn't hurt his image?? It doesn't take a brainiac for that to be anymore evident, and you're living proof!!

but Mike didn't need Janet for anything... That's what you willfully fail to comprehend time and time again! (thinking is tough, huh buddy? ?)

And he didn't go to her just because his image was hurt.. He wanted to work with his closest family member since RN came out.. He offered her to be part of his own record label in the late 80's, well before any sign of trouble hit him.. Do you think he needed her help in the late 80's too?! Right after he broke records with the Bad album..?

Hate on Mike til the day you die all you want...but do it correctly, like with...oh ya know, FACTS!! Those are the things that aren't made up in that thing u call a "brain"..

Oooh you mad af :lmao: 

1) He didn't have a child molestation allegation in the 80s so no.. I'm not entirely sure why you brought up the 80s. It has nothing to do with anything. Sounds like you wanted to brag about some drug addicted celebrity's glory days. Live em up bc they're gone :lmao: 

2) Yew mad MJ needed Janet in 1995 to fix his damaged image... Janet knew that and flew in to save his career with Jinmy & Terry... Damn.. Must suck to suck 

Edited by Game

I never said she didn't support him :blink: obviously she supports him and loves him.. Why else would she try to do a handful of interventions and show up to his trials?

He begged her to do a duet before/around the time she went on tour for the janet. album... :umm: She declined.. She only accepted it when she felt as though she was out of his shadow. 

Michael was facing a public relations disaster in 1994 after canceling his Dangerous Tour solely bc of that child molestation allegation which he paid heavily for. He was NOT in the best of light in 1994 and he needed Janet's image to clean his up.

Of course the allegations hurt his image. His fans continued to be loyal to him, and defend him. He didn't use her for damage control. Things aren't always about using people Game. He didn't "need her and her team" other than her moral support.

• Upvote 2

Oooh you mad af :lmao: 

1) He didn't have a child molestation allegation in the 80s so no.. I'm not entirely sure why you brought up the 80s. It has nothing to do with anything. Sounds like you wanted to brag about some drug addicted celebrity's glory days. Live em up bc they're gone :lmao: 

2) Yew mad MJ needed Janet in 1995 to fix his damaged image... Janet knew that and flew in to save his career with Jinmy & Terry... Damn.. Must suck to suck 

Ohh you no can read..? :blink:

Did they not learn you reading out there in Nohio..??

I brought up the 80's cuz you said he needed Janet only after 1993, when in the REAL WORLD (where facts exist) he actually offered her to be on his own label around the time she made RN, and she turned him down.. He wanted to work with her for a while.. It was after the success of her "janet." album did she agree to collaborate with him.. Obviously, as his little sister, she'd want to support her brother through a rough patch...but in no way did MJ need Janet to successfully go on.. 

You can't even prove the bullshit that was being regurgitated again from your unintelligent mind!

Your bitter hatred for someone you will never know is truly appalling.. It must suck for you that you've committed part of your life to "stan" for someone who has continually shown nothing but love and support for that very person..

I'm glad she cancelled your tour stop.. You don't deserve to be in her presence..

• Upvote 2

OK lets try to pick this up again in another direction....more on topic

I REALLY do wish that Janet got to do the 30th Anniversary show in 2001, if I had MY way Janet would've done Whitney's part in Wannabe Starting Something (WHICH WOULD HAVE SLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYED JANET MYA AND USHER ALL ON THE SAME STAGE!!! That might've blessed Mya so much the poor thing wouldn't be on the pole right now down at the peppermint Panda on crenshaw, bless her heart. But Whitney could've done Liza Minelli's part for You Are Not Alone (and slayed, cause her vocals weren't her prime but they were decent at that time, she would've tore You Are Not Alone up and....not seemed like she was having a stroke).  AND Janet could come back at the end to do Scream, that'd be epic & incredible, maybe some new more modern choreography. 

Like I've always had that thought, but yea after re-watching the special several times after his passing, I think tha'ts the real closure to "The Jacksons", ofcourse they're touring but...........you know..........(seriously not that I'd turn down the chance to see them, or a real cheap ticket)....but the real group of "The Jacksons/The Jackson5" is gone, and that was their real farewell. And it would've been truly amazing if that was also in the same setting the end of the Michael & Janet live performance.

That being said I'd still prefer a performance at the 95 MTV Video awards, that would've been more special, and like we all said would've been PERFECT promo for the song. Again I think that's the ONLY reason Scream didn't go #1, the radio & video & single sales did all the work, 1 performance with them both, not only would it have been another #1, who knows how long it could've been a #1, tha's just how I feel.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 2

OK lets try to pick this up again in another direction....more on topic

I REALLY do wish that Janet got to do the 30th Anniversary show in 2001, if I had MY way Janet would've done Whitney's part in Wannabe Starting Something (WHICH WOULD HAVE SLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYED JANET MYA AND USHER ALL ON THE SAME STAGE!!! That might've blessed Mya so much the poor thing wouldn't be on the pole right now down at the peppermint Panda on crenshaw, bless her heart. But Whitney could've done Liza Minelli's part for You Are Not Alone (and slayed, cause her vocals weren't her prime but they were decent at that time, she would've tore You Are Not Alone up and....not seemed like she was having a stroke).  AND Janet could come back at the end to do Scream, that'd be epic & incredible, maybe some new more modern choreography. 

honestly I cringe whenever I think about those 30th anniversary shows.. The entire event had so much promise but unfortuantely Mike was high as a kite both shows, and then the day after the 2nd/final show Sept 11th happened.. The best thing that came out of those concerts was the fact that the Jacksons got to perform together one final time, and they all looked and sounded amazing (including Mike...no lip-syncing wih his bros!)..

but the disorganization and, frankly, the odd tribute line-up should've been better handled.. It could've turned out so much better..

AND STILL...its received the HIGHEST ratings for a concert special on any network television station in HIStory, to date!! Pretty impressive.. 

• Upvote 1

honestly I cringe whenever I think about those 30th anniversary shows.. The entire event had so much promise but unfortuantely Mike was high as a kite both shows, and then the day after the 2nd/final show Sept 11th happened.. The best thing that came out of those concerts was the fact that the Jacksons got to perform together one final time, and they all looked and sounded amazing (including Mike...no lip-syncing wih his bros!)..

but the disorganization and, frankly, the odd tribute line-up should've been better handled.. It could've turned out so much better..

AND STILL...its received the HIGHEST ratings for a concert special on any network television station in HIStory, to date!! Pretty impressive.. 

...........don't even get me started on that lineup, legit hits and LEGIT misses, like ma gawd. I can talk your ear off for hours on how Rah Digga ruined Heal The World..... (if it was gonna be a female rapper at all, it should've EASILY been Missy, better fit and she wouldn't have been so annoyingly obviously out of place, and she can actually sing so she wouldnt've been bouncing around awkwardly hype-manning to a fuckin ballad!)

Her special had it's misses too, how the hell some of the most of the most talented and iconic entertainers ended up presenting or sitting in the audience.....while Buck Cherry perfoms Nasty..................................................................................................................................................DONT.GET.ME.STARTED. Macy OWNED that show in terms of musical performances (by others, as we all know Janet showed them all why we bow to her that night).

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 3

Janet was due to perform on some of the 'this is it" dates... This is what his choreographer said

That would had been good.

Im still wishing they did Super Bowl now that you mentioned it, esp the layout you said

that would have been sooo cool...his stage looked like it was going to be the shit too

that would have been sooo cool...his stage looked like it was going to be the shit too

yea that stage was going to be epic.. He had the largest 3D LED screen ever created and it was made to cut through stage lighting, so that everyone in the crowd, night after night, would put on 3D glasses to experience the 3D visuals, stage performers, aisle performers, lighting effects, and Michael himself.. It would've been absolutely unbelievably incredible! 

Ever since he died I've always felt like if he had to die, it would've been so heartbreakingly (and artistically) poetic for him to perform the first show, and then pass away that night in his sleep.. The way it truly played out was already tragic and somewhat poetic, but I just so wish he would've been able to hear the roar of the first night's sold-out crowd.. Imagine the boost to his confidence it would've been for him..

ultimately though, I'm just really glad that he got to see himself sell out close to a million tickets for 50 shows in 2 hours.. That proved to him that a ton of folks still loved him and wanted to see him do what did best..

• Upvote 3

yea that stage was going to be epic.. He had the largest 3D LED screen ever created and it was made to cut through stage lighting, so that everyone in the crowd, night after night, would put on 3D glasses to experience the 3D visuals, stage performers, aisle performers, lighting effects, and Michael himself.. It would've been absolutely unbelievably incredible! 

Ever since he died I've always felt like if he had to die, it would've been so heartbreakingly (and artistically) poetic for him to perform the first show, and then pass away that night in his sleep.. The way it truly played out was already tragic and somewhat poetic, but I just so wish he would've been able to hear the roar of the first night's sold-out crowd.. Imagine the boost to his confidence it would've been for him..

ultimately though, I'm just really glad that he got to see himself sell out close to a million tickets for 50 shows in 2 hours.. That proved to him that a ton of folks still loved him and wanted to see him do what did best..

I so desperately wished he had made at least one final bow with that sure to be awesome show, I was hoping he would make it to the states

• Upvote 1