Damita Jo vs. Unbreakable (the songs)

As much as I LOVE "Unbreakable" (it's one of my favorite tracks on the album, and one of Janet's best vocal deliveries of the past decade), I'm going to have to roll with "Damita Jo"...It's the perfect introduction to its parent album. The chorus is FIRE, the beat is an infectious head nodding banger, the concept -- a self description of herself and her alter egos -- is crazy unique, and the lyrics are sharp and self-assured, delivered with a subtle confidence and poise. That last line in the second verse just seals the deal for me: "...a little lady, a whole lot of class / but do me wrong, I'll get in dat ass" :excited::blush:

• Upvote 2

As much as I LOVE "Unbreakable" (it's one of my favorite tracks on the album, and one of Janet's best vocal deliveries of the past decade), I'm going to have to roll with "Damita Jo"...It's the perfect introduction to its parent album. The chorus is FIRE, the beat is an infectious head nodding banger, the concept -- a self description of herself and her alter egos -- is crazy unique, and the lyrics are sharp and self-assured, delivered with a subtle confidence and poise. That last line in the second verse just seals the deal for me: "...a little lady, a whole lot of class / but do me wrong, I'll get in dat ass" :excited::blush:

you said everything ! Damita Jo

#Refusetochoose.......right now anyway

It's WAY too hard, both are so different and service 2 very different needs, BUT what's awesome is they have this classic yet modern R&B groove feels to them, this might take a day or 2 of serious thought, like I even play the top of the head "1st 1 you think of" and it's not working lol

• Upvote 1

Both are among my favorites from their respective albums. Her vocals and beats on both are great too. I wish they were somewhat longer though 2:40 minutes or whatever of music is short when it comes to Janet music. 

I'll be cheesy and say tie lol

Unbreakable by a country mile.  I actually skipped over DJ most of the time.  Unbreakable is inspiring and has gorgeous layered harmonies and a powerful Janet vocal lead.  Well written and wonderfully performed. Just too SHORT!  Hahaha

I loved DJ, but it wasn't the type of song that I could replay over and over again; whereas,  Unbreakable has stayed on repeat at various times. I have a thing for powerful and positive Janet songs, and this one I really adore!

• Upvote 1

I've never liked the song Damita Jo. The lyrics are super childish and lack creativity. Just my opinion. Unbreakable is nice, but it could've been a B-side to janet. album. The lyrics are good on Unbreakable tho.

• Upvote 1