Jimmy Jam suggests new music on the horizon

feehgarcia

Janet’s longtime producer and friend Jimmy Jam has told Reuters that they are still in the creative process that lead to Unbreakable. This interview had escaped from the fans’ attention until recently, and Jimmy shares details about their current mood.

Jimmy states that they are still on the “Unbreakable Mode”, dealing with unfinished ideas that might still come to fruition. That might lead to another record or a 2.0 version of her latest album, as long as the inspiration comes first. “The creative drives everything. […] You can’t put the car before the horse”, he said. Check the video out!

+ READ MORE

Edited by feehgarcia
  • Upvote 7

Thanks for posting, yea that's why I never related to the feeling of the "this is her farewell album/era", I felt & feel like it's a new beginning, OF WHAT?!?!....no clue, but I took new movement to be more than just this era when it came out about the record label etc. Not predicting anything not  saying she's FOR SURE going to do anything, I don't know and none of us do but I really do feel like it's a new movement that none of us can predict.

SIDENOTES: SO Dammn Baby is why she missed the Grammy deadline lol.  I'm BEYOND myself that the video was filmed here in Long Beach! 

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for posting, yea that's why I never related to the feeling of the "this is her farewell album/era", I felt & feel like it's a new beginning, OF WHAT?!?!....no clue, but I took new movement to be more than just this era when it came out about the record label etc. Not predicting anything not  saying she's FOR SURE going to do anything, I don't know and none of us do but I really do feel like it's a new movement that none of us can predict.

SIDENOTES: SO Dammn Baby is why she missed the Grammy deadline lol.  I'm BEYOND myself that the video was filmed here in Long Beach! 

But but but!!! The Pessimists said this was her last album :o!!!!! They said that she's retiring!!!! How can she retire and make music?! Is she Jay-Z? :unsure: 

On a fucking serious note! They pushed the deadline of the album back to put DB on the album!!!! That explains why Target had it street dated a week prior to Oct 4 :o MIND BLOWN

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

But but but!!! The Pessimists said this was her last album :o!!!!! They said that she's retiring!!!! How can she retire and make music?! Is she Jay-Z? :unsure: 

On a fucking serious note! They pushed the deadline of the album back to put DB on the album!!!! That explains why Target had it street dated a week prior to Oct 4 :o MIND BLOWN

this is Jimmy talking not Janet.  

• Upvote 1

Well naturally I would love new Janet music if we get it...but my passion for her and her art is not what it used to be.  It's hard to be passionate about her music when she doesn't even act like shes passionate about it herself...that would easily change in a second with some performances, videos, her just chatting about her creative process, etc.....I am down for unbreakable 2.0 but not for unbreakable messy era 2.0.   From my lips, keeps the conversation going only works when opening you're mouth and getting  out there and actually  doing something.  That's a movement.  Grab attention.  Not just dump an album out and do nothing with it and have your colleagues casually say nice things about it.  So tired of those hash tags, hopefully the team can come up with something better. Things needed to be handled differently the next time and I hope the boss really can put her heart and soul in it 

Edited by msboz
  • Upvote 3

Well naturally I would love new Janet music if we get it...but my passion for her and her art is not what it used to be.  It's hard to be passionate about her music when she doesn't even act like shes passionate about it herself...that would easily change in a second with some performances, videos, her just chatting about her creative process, etc.....I am down for unbreakable 2.0 but not for unbreakable messy era 2.0.   From my lips, keeps the conversation going only works when opening you're mouth and out there doing something.  So tired of those hash tags, hopefully the team can come up with something better. Things needed to be handled differently the next time and I hope the boss really can put her heart and soul in it 

She just needs a red bull so she can get some wings cause the Black Eagle ain't enough for her lol. Or she can have this baby so Wissam can get off her ass about having one to be his heir.

• Upvote 1

Let's hope motherhood puts that pep in her step 

I still put most of this on Wissam. I know he's a big part of the tour cancellations because of her having to go to the doctor to see what she could do to have this baby.

I'm down for it.  I don't care if Janet ever does another interview. That's not her thing, and I like that honestly. Just continue to put out quality work, and yes some visuals would be nice, and I'll be content   

• Upvote 1

I still put most of this on Wissam. I know he's a big part of the tour cancellations because of her having to go to the doctor to see what she could do to have this baby.

I would welcome additional music I really would, I feel like with UNbreakable she was getting away from dance and more into a folksy vibe, and that direction works for her, I dont think she has to do dance in order to capture an audience, she has done it so well already