2016 Billboard Awards Thread

P!nk slayed. Adele and the Weekend won big, but Adele's new video for Send my love to your new lover sucks. Britney opened and showed out. It wasn't as good as original Britney, but better than the last 9 years. On a close note, Justin Bieber was giving me 2007 Britney (and he has been all era). The music is there and his swag makes me think he's about to show out, but he just ends up doing a 2 count on stage looking dead behind the eyes. Rihanna gave one of her best vocals ever for "Love on the brain." Celine was good (though I think she was lipping). Her acceptance made me tear up. Madonna did "Nothing Compares 2 U" and sounded decent. Steve Wonder came out for "Purple Rain" with her. That was nice, but the 2 of them together with no one else felt a little awkward to me. Everything else was cute and by the numbers.

P!nk slayed. Adele and the Weekend won big, but Adele's new video for Send my love to your new lover sucks. Britney opened and showed out. It wasn't as good as original Britney, but better than the last 9 years. On a close note, Justin Bieber was giving me 2007 Britney (and he has been all era). The music is there and his swag makes me think he's about to show out, but he just ends up doing a 2 count on stage looking dead behind the eyes. Rihanna gave one of her best vocals ever for "Love on the brain." Celine was good (though I think she was lipping). Her acceptance made me tear up. Madonna did "Nothing Compares 2 U" and sounded decent. Steve Wonder came out for "Purple Rain" with her. That was nice, but the 2 of them together with no one else felt a little awkward to me. Everything else was cute and by the numbers.

you are wayyyyyyyyyy too nice and generous :umm:  :lol: 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

Watching now (fast forwarding to the shit that matters)
BRITNEY IS OWNING THATS HOW YOU OPEN A SHOW!!! Stiffdancing as hell but entertaining too. Lip Syncing for her LIFE But her body is HAWT. This is the best I've seen her look and move in YEARS. Got me really excited for the next era

P!nk is doing really good but we've seen the flying many times it's her thing I gues, but I wish she'd like break out and join the dancers in the choreography. Or just something she hasn't done before  or often.

I like Adele's video, basic, but I like the way it was filmed.

RIHANNA BETTER SANG MY FAVORITE SONG OFF THE ALBUM!!! SHE DID THAT SHIT!

Twas good to see The GoGos they aged really good in vocals and looks. I loved seeing Kelly Rowland get her life from them

Ariana as usual was decent/good, nothing great or show stealng. But good. That girl is from the school of Mariah Choreography lol

Madrama.......good gawd, at least the chair looked good, damn even I wasn't expecting to sound that bad.....disappointed, I think she should've done a higher energy song or something.....or lipsynced to Sinead's voice or something good. Thank GAWD for Stevie.......why is Janet the ONLY 1 of the crew of herself, Michael, Mariah, Whitney, Madonna, & Prince to not work with Stevie, it'd be incredible

Edited by jarrylf

The Stillboard awards were very boring and unentertaing as a whole though it wasn't all bad

Britney rehashed her Vegas show. Figured she would performed "Baby one more time" or "Oops" or something but she didn't. She could have moved much better than she did so I annoyed but not surprised. She just wanted her award and not be there anymore than she had to.

Justin's backing track was louder than his live vocals. Back up dancers were more lively than he was. The slew of Teenybopper acts (Meghan Trainor, 5th Harmony, etc) were underwhelming or uninteresting (audience members were even on their phones/not paying attention to some of them).

Pink was okay I guess. Rihanna performed Love on The Brain and did very well ( I was surprised she performed it out of the singles she has out). Probably the best live vocal in the show. Celine Dion sang The Show Must Go On and got an Icon award. I think she lip-synced to it but not sure. Nice performance though. Kesha performed and was good too. 

Ariana Grande performs a song  called "Into You". Its a dance track with a good beat but she was basically walking through the performance (think Beyonce @ 2014 VMAs) not that she's much of a dancer but still.  The effects were cool though. 

The Prince tribute started with the intro to "Let's Go Crazy" the. Madonna performed "Nothing Compares 2 U"and Stevie joined her for "Purple Rain" Her voice was shaky and she even seemed a bit nervous at first. Maybe she was emotional...I'm glad she and Steive just sang though and didn't have all this extra stage props she's known for having since Prince wasn't about that life. Rihanna was in church when they sang Purple rain though lol and  everyone had purple lights on in the audience that looked nice  It was a tribute, I'll say that. 

• Upvote 1

I like Ariana's new music. I'm not keen on her as a performer.

Rihanna looked a fucking mess. Great vocal though!

Britney. She seemed alive. Let's just say that. I'm mad she didn't do Baby One More Time or Oops. She was OK I guess. Her moves were a bit jerky (wtf were those hand movements) but it's one of the better performances in recent years. It didn't scream "comeback performance" to me though. 

Haven't seen anyone else's yet.

Pink: In case you forgot that Pink is an aerialist (which she showed off at the 2010 and 2014 Grammy Awards) and likes to burn down the stage (like she did at the 2012 American Music Awards), she did it all again for her new song, “Just Like Fire” from the Alice Through the Looking Glass soundtrack. Love you, Pink, but it might be time to shake things up on stage.

Britney Spears: For those who haven’t made it to Vegas to see Britney Spears’ ongoing residency, the pop queen gave the audience plenty of reasons to book a ticket to Sin City. She opened the show, starting with “Work Bitch” and worked her way through her songbook. She hit the stage clad in a bejeweled bikini that would make Teela and Madonna proud, paired with knee high Wonder Woman boots and wrist bands. She owned the stage with her biggest hits, including “Womanizer,” a cover of Joan Jett’s “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll,” followed by the deep cut “Breathe on Me,” and earned the biggest roars with “Slave 4 U” and “Toxic.” Of course, Spears was not just on hand to wow the masses with her medley, but also to receive the Billboard Millennium Award, which Billboard says is intended to “honor artists with exceptional achievements and influence in the music industry,” but is really just to give us all an excuse to bask in the glory of Britney.

Rihanna: Performing her song “Love on the Brain” on a surprisingly bare bones set, Rihanna delivered a memorable performance without any bells or whistles (or confetti or fire). That’s how it’s done, people.

http://time.com/4344366/billboard-music-awards-2016-best-and-worst/

Billboard boosts:

Billboard Music Awards: Positional changes since Fri May 20

3 Nick Jonas Close (feat. Tove Lo) (+9)
4 P!nk Just Like Fire (From "Alice Through the Looking Glass") (+3)
5 Lukas Graham 7 Years (+3)
7 + 570 Fifth Harmony Work from Home (feat. Ty Dolla $ign) (+4 & 59)
8 Adele Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (+47)
10 + 1187 Ariana Grande Dangerous Woman (+3 & NEW)
14 DNCE Cake by the Ocean (+10)
16 + 571 Meghan Trainor NO (-2 & +209)
19 + 212 + 325 + 850 Rihanna Love on the Brain (+154 & +163 & NEW & NEW)
23 Blake Shelton Go Ahead and Break My Heart (feat. Gwen Stefani) (+6)
33 Ariana Grande Into You (+21)
60 + 399 Troye Sivan YOUTH (+76 & NEW)
63 + 759 Justin Bieber Sorry (+38 & NEW)
67 Céline Dion The Show Must Go On (feat. Lindsey Stirling) (+518)
96 + 685 Shawn Mendes Stitches (+54 & NEW)

116 + 984 Justin Bieber Company (+156 & NEW)
159 Demi Lovato Cool for the Summer (+606)

410 Britney Spears Work B**ch (NEW)
452 Britney Spears Toxic (NEW)

781 Bob Dylan It Ain't Me, Babe (NEW)

1043 Britney Spears Womanizer (NEW)

1145 Britney Spears Breathe On Me (NEW)

1231 Britney Spears I'm a Slave 4 U (NEW)

1383 Britney Spears Oops!… I Did It Again (NEW)

1425 Britney Spears Circus (NEW)

Rolling Stone said Rih was the best of the night and I agree at the moment - out of the ones I saw, her's was the best (so far) 

BEST OF THE NIGHT: Rihanna Belts a Monster Torch Song
Before Rihanna picked up the fan-voted Chart Achievement Award, she issued a timely reminder that Beyoncé isn't the only superstar singer to release a major LP in 2016. The decidedly old-school "Love on the Brain" – one of Anti's surprisingly potent deep cuts – is a passion-fueled torch song given a Rihanna spin ("I'm tired of being played like a violin/What do I gotta do to get in your mother****in' heart?" she sings on record). On Sunday night she fully leaned into the track, showcasing the raspy, gritty side of her voice. Her fiery performance showed not just how far she's come since the "Pon De Replay" days but where she could potentially take her overflowing charisma and newly unearthed vocal nuance.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/billboard-music-awards-2016-20-best-and-worst-moments-20160523?page=6

Looks like Adelephant is going to grab another #1

Pink FTW 

If only it was for a better song. It was my 2nd least favourite from the album and still is. Cute for the summer though I guess.

The only thing Dink slayed were his testosterone results. That was a wack ass performance. She looked bloated and im tired of her always doing the same shit. And I'm saying this as a fan  <_< 

I don't know who told Vadge that she was a vocalist... probably someone who went deaf after being there at her rehearsals. 

The only ones i liked were Kesha and Rihanna, the rest can GTFO.

Edited by Blue
  • Upvote 2

Rolling Stone said Rih was the best of the night and I agree at the moment - out of the ones I saw, her's was the best (so far) 

BEST OF THE NIGHT: Rihanna Belts a Monster Torch Song
Before Rihanna picked up the fan-voted Chart Achievement Award, she issued a timely reminder that Beyoncé isn't the only superstar singer to release a major LP in 2016. The decidedly old-school "Love on the Brain" – one of Anti's surprisingly potent deep cuts – is a passion-fueled torch song given a Rihanna spin ("I'm tired of being played like a violin/What do I gotta do to get in your mother****in' heart?" she sings on record). On Sunday night she fully leaned into the track, showcasing the raspy, gritty side of her voice. Her fiery performance showed not just how far she's come since the "Pon De Replay" days but where she could potentially take her overflowing charisma and newly unearthed vocal nuance.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/billboard-music-awards-2016-20-best-and-worst-moments-20160523?page=6

THE ACCLAIM.

fyiwcy_zpspdxsv6hx.gif

Justin rants

CjJwgUpVEAAME7O.jpg

An authenticity missing that he craves??..:blink:  He lip sang his whole set could barely keep up with his dancers. 

I must have been watching a different show based on these comments.  The whole thing outside of Celine and Pink was a catastrophe.  That was probably the worst performance I have ever seen from Britney. She was moving like he feet were shackled together and lipped the whole way through.  Ciara and Ludacris were brutal.  Nothing was funny at all.  Adele being able to premiere her mediocre video at an awards show like it was the debut of Thriller was an utter joke.  The next time Madonna calls an awards show and ask to do anything they should hang up.  The tribute was pure trash.  Music today has set such a low bar that performances like last night happen and people think its epic.  BET better bring it.   The only thing I enjoyed from last night were the memes and the worldwide dragging of mother goose

Edited by DasSad
  • Upvote 1

An authenticity missing that he craves??..:blink:  He lip sang his whole set could barely keep up with his dancers. 

I must have been watching a different show based on these comments.  The whole thing outside of Celine and Pink was a catastrophe.  That was probably the worst performance I have ever seen from Britney. She was moving like he feet were shackled together and lipped the whole way through.  Ciara and Ludacris were brutal.  Nothing was funny at all.  Adele being able to premiere her mediocre video at an awards show like it was the debut of Thriller was an utter joke.  The next time Madonna calls an awards show and ask to do anything they should hang up.  The tribute was pure trash.  Music today has set such a low bar that performances like last night happen and people think its epic.  BET better bring it.   The only thing I enjoyed from last night were the memes and the worldwide dragging of mother goose

BET is no better :lmao: 

Thats what Award shows have turned into... MEMES and GIFs :lol: